May I say how happy I am to have found this forum
I remember Heroquest well from my youth, infact I remember the day I broke my arm at school (smashed it to pieces may I add! haha) and was rushed to hospital. I stayed in over night and when I got home the following day it was my brother's birthday. We had seen the Heroquest advert hundreds of times and my brother really wanted it. He was at school when I got home and I can still remember vividly going up into his room and seeing Heroquest laying in the middle of the floor. I opened the box and just moved pieces around the board with no idea of how the game was played. I feel in love with the game there and then and still have found memories of playing it with my brother and his friends. I was always the Wizard, though I wanted to be the Elf
Although most of the other board games which I soo wish I still had, Heroquest managed to survive almost all in one piece and about a decade ago I remember playing through it with some friends once again. I got myself another set so there was plenty of monsters and furniture to start making my own quests, but I never got round to it.
I had Advanced Heroquest as a child, but a NEVER once played it though as my brother wasn't interested and none of my friends were into that style of board game. Also the AHQ rulebook blew my mind as a young child
Soo now its 2013 and I have once again pulled Heroquest out of the cupboard and have been really enjoying running the main campaign for my girlfriend and 3 friends. We've all enjoyed it so much that I have been buying up more Heroquest goodies (a new copy of AHQ as my copy vanished
This forum seems pretty active so I look forward to reading what lovely questing tales await and I'm always up for trying new house rules etc
Thanks Ye Olde Inn for your hospitality





































