Page 1 of 3

Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 3:28 pm
by Goblin-King
So we are all working hard on HQ25, so I thought I'd make this topic just for kicks.
If anyone forgot, the monster list goes:

Chaos Dwarfs
Beastmen
Minotaurs
Chaos Cultists
Kobolds
Basilisks


My picks so far. I prioritize getting the real 80's GW miniatures look:
Image
Image
Image

So far so good. Those were the easy choices for me.

Painted brown I think early warhammer skinks could do for kobolds - especially since I actually got some laying around:
Image

For cultists I'm considering this one, thoug it's neither perfect nor cheap to buy in bulks...
Image

And finally the basilisk. I think the model is pretty good, but the scenic base annoys me a little.
Also that it's metal.
Image


(I still think it'd be cool to get someone to actually sculpt an original set - a man is allowed to dream, right? ;))

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 3:51 pm
by Gold Bearer
I like the basilisk. I was getting quite worried after you posted the pictures of the armadillo and chicken. Part, reptile (fine), part rooster (wtf!)! I really like that model though. It looks quite big (1x3?). There's no way another model would go in front of it looking at how low its head is.

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 3:57 pm
by Goblin-King
Medieval drawings of monsters always look lame :lol:

Killeth me please, for I beeth retardeth.
Image

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 4:11 pm
by knightkrawler
That thing shares some disturbing similarities in the Finnish state heraldry.

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 4:56 pm
by GimmeYerGold
I agree with GK's aforementioned miniatures |_P (accidentally borrowing a bit from Sjeng's new signature!)

As far as that terrain base on the Basilisk, I always get rid of those with a small hacksaw and file. I don't like 'em either :p

Not sure how much that cultist goes for, but these cultists sold by Pure Evil Miniatures come in a set of 4, and with shipping, retail for about $3.84 each. Still a bit pricey for a mini, but it's a nice sculpt. "32mm Heroic scale," however.
I always forget what scale HQ figures are. 25mm?
[link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131246373336 ]

Image

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 4:59 pm
by Goblin-King
Those are nice Goldie! Much better than the assassin I picked. Good find :)

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 5:21 pm
by GimmeYerGold
Goblin-King wrote:Those are nice Goldie! Much better than the assassin I picked. Good find :)


Thanks GK! If enough people are interested, it would be cool if we could charm them into giving the Ye Olde Inn a small discount on a bulk order ;)

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 8:54 pm
by Count Mohawk
I have BattleMasters for the Beastmen. But I'm super cheap, so for the minis I can't reasonably pass off as one of the other five, I'm going to be breaking out my box of chessmen and using them. :shock: :ugeek: :shock:

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2014, 12:19 am
by MrBigB
Count Mohawk wrote:I have BattleMasters for the Beastmen. But I'm super cheap, so for the minis I can't reasonably pass off as one of the other five, I'm going to be breaking out my box of chessmen and using them. :shock: :ugeek: :shock:


I always liked the BattleMasters Beastmen...

Image

Just one more set I regret letting go of 15 years ago :cry:

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2014, 1:49 am
by wolfie907
man I just typed like a two page response to this and I went to post it and it got lost lame anyway the gist was gk is spot on and ill copy most of his choices