• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

Brainstorming topics for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

Postby TMU » July 31st, 2014, 6:47 pm

The thing is, I hahe no idea, but after seeing what Goblin-King posted I have something on my mind... I have no idea what a kobold looks like tho. :p
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

Postby Big Bene » August 1st, 2014, 4:03 am

As for the basilisk, it is described in ancient sources as a snake with a crown (Greek "Basiliskos" = "little King"). I is also said that Basilisks hatch if a cock lays an egg and a toad broods it. This relationship to cocks led to the tradition (mainly in painting, but also in text) to picture the basilisk with a cock's head or even more of a cock's features.
If I had to make up a basilisk for a fantasy world, I would envision it as a sort of dragon of rather elongated, snake-like stature, with a head somewhat cock-like in shape, but still reptilean, with a head crest resembling a crown.
I could consider making a model.
Have a look ;)


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1401
Images: 11
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: Siebeldingen / Germany
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

Postby TMU » August 1st, 2014, 5:27 am

Big Bene wrote:As for the basilisk, it is described in ancient sources as a snake with a crown (Greek "Basiliskos" = "little King"). I is also said that Basilisks hatch if a cock lays an egg and a toad broods it. This relationship to cocks led to the tradition (mainly in painting, but also in text) to picture the basilisk with a cock's head or even more of a cock's features.
If I had to make up a basilisk for a fantasy world, I would envision it as a sort of dragon of rather elongated, snake-like stature, with a head somewhat cock-like in shape, but still reptilean, with a head crest resembling a crown.
I could consider making a model.

Sounds good! You do minis with 3D printer right?
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

Postby Big Bene » August 1st, 2014, 5:32 am

Yes, I mainly use 3D printing, but I also have done stuff with hand modelling. If I make a basilisk, I think I would do it on the computer, using an existing dragon or dinosaur as a basee to work upon.
Have a look ;)


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1401
Images: 11
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: Siebeldingen / Germany
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

Postby knightkrawler » August 1st, 2014, 10:37 am

Kobolds as I transferred them from D&D and Reaper.
Many of them have shields and/or chainmail which made me so adamant about 1 AD / 2 DD in the first place. They're gonna be our foremost mini source, those Reaper guys.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobold_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29

Image

Image
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

Postby Daedalus » September 4th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Recycled from another thread:
Daedalus wrote:Here's some Basilisk figures:
Piazo's Pathfinder for $2.69 on Ebay.
ImageImage

Two of these Pathfinder Giants of Legend were going for $7.40 on Ebay.
Image

Father Basilisk looks like a free 3D download.
Image
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5332
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

Postby sajungzak » September 4th, 2014, 7:59 pm

I got some beastmen a couple weeks ago. I have this many left over

Image
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 600
Joined: May 19th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Location: Spokane, Washington
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Which miniatures are YOU going to use?

Postby IvenBach » September 5th, 2014, 12:30 am

Don't go around posting those. Other people will want them, like me :lol: . Reaper kobolds paint up pretty well.


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Previous

Return to HQ25th Brainstorming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest