• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Printing New Boards

Tips and Tricks that don't quite fit into the above categories.

Printing New Boards

Postby Weltenlaeufer » February 26th, 2019, 7:31 pm

I have a bit of a stupid question... :oops:

I am not very savy at printing and wanna print out some of the boards in the gallery, like these 2

http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=23&image_id=445

http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=23&image_id=510

I only printed out a board before which was actually cut into A4 pages, packed into a pdf. I printed it out 100 percent at the copy shop and glued them together.

How would I print the boards above so they come out in the right dimensions?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :) :oops: :)

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Printing New Boards

Postby Jafazo » February 26th, 2019, 11:45 pm

Weltenlaeufer wrote:I have a bit of a stupid question... :oops:

I am not very savy at printing and wanna print out some of the boards in the gallery, like these 2

http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=23&image_id=445

http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=23&image_id=510

I only printed out a board before which was actually cut into A4 pages, packed into a pdf. I printed it out 100 percent at the copy shop and glued them together.

How would I print the boards above so they come out in the right dimensions?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :) :oops: :)

See if this is what you're looking for
In Paint, open up the file.
In the "Home" tab click "Rotate" > "Rotate Left 90 degrees"
Go to File > Page Setup
Make sure Size is Letter
Make sure orientation is Portrait
Make sure to have at least .5 margin in all boxes here
Leave Centering empty
Set "Fit To" to 3 by 3 pages
(At this stage you can see what normal size the picture would print to if you print it to size. Just choose "Adjust To:" & type in 100 % normal size. You'll see the image fits on 2 x 2 sheets of paper. Too small."
Hit "Ok"

Choose File > Print Preview
Scroll page by page to make sure it's what you want.
Close out Print Preview when you're happy.

Print like normal
If you're still not sure, don't waste your color ink. Print a black and white copy and see how it looks. If you're happy, print in color.
I suggest using card stock paper instead of regular paper for more durable and better quality. You can also use photo specific paper.

If you do it at the store they should be able to do it correctly. You might have to offer some friendly guidance.

IMPORTANT NOTE - I haven't printed any of the boards on this forum so I can't vouch whether they print to a size appropriate to miniature base scale. I haven't even tried. I only just made a quick attempt because of your post and from what I've seen things might not print precisely to size. However, that is one way to print images to a poster-sized format. I would open the image into Paint first and delete a lot of its central area with the Eraser tool leaving only a bit of its outer border / edge as well as maybe one room so you don't waste ink. Then convert it to black and white and save that new image, and lastly print that as explained above, and see what the size of a room looks like and the size of the whole board.
Unless you specify your version I'm going by the US rules.
Jafazo

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » February 27th, 2019, 4:05 pm

Jafazo wrote:
IMPORTANT NOTE - I haven't printed any of the boards on this forum so I can't vouch whether they print to a size appropriate to miniature base scale. I haven't even tried. I only just made a quick attempt because of your post and from what I've seen things might not print precisely to size. However, that is one way to print images to a poster-sized format. I would open the image into Paint first and delete a lot of its central area with the Eraser tool leaving only a bit of its outer border / edge as well as maybe one room so you don't waste ink. Then convert it to black and white and save that new image, and lastly print that as explained above, and see what the size of a room looks like and the size of the whole board.

Jafazo, thank you so much for taking the time and writing such a detailed response! I really appreciate it brother! Thats some good Hero quest karma!! :) :)

With your description I got a way to do this now for the next projects on paper. I decided to go with vinyl and I also found a vinyl printing shop today who were quite helpful. I though I had to cut the board manually into A4 pieces and glue them together. :lol:

Thank you again! :)

:orc: :goblin: :fimir:

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 28th, 2019, 6:45 pm

Or, seeing your very middle European nickname, ask myposter. They can print on vinyl. But make sure to remove the rivets in the order....

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » March 1st, 2019, 10:09 am

Anderas wrote:Or, seeing your very middle European nickname, ask myposter. They can print on vinyl. But make sure to remove the rivets in the order....

Thanks! I discovered a vinyl printing service here and put an order in! Lets see how they turn out! :D

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Other Hobby Tips