• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[3rd] Ye Olde Inn Christmas 2013 Exchange

Topics and Rules for Christmas and Christmas in July miniature exchanges are discussed in this room.

[3rd] Ye Olde Inn Christmas 2013 Exchange

Postby Spiky » August 4th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Hi All,

I thought I'd start a thread for the next exchange, seeing as a few people had mentioned it on the other thread! :)

Please post your interest here, also mention if you feel something worked or didn't work from the last exchange?

Rules

Each forum member interested in participating paints a model, and sends it to a randomly drawn member as a gift. Only you will know who you're sending to so keep it as a surprise. In return you should also be receiving a gift from another forum member.

I'll close the sign ups and sort out a draw on 16th September. Models must be completed and ready to send on Monday 2nd December or as close to this date as possible. Please only participate if you can commit to doing this!

This is not a painting competition, just the chance to give something special to the community so just do your best! From last time however I think we could expect a few interesting things being sent and received!

Conversions of original models or something similar is fine too, so please use your judgment to ensure it would not look out of place alongside the normal heroquest range, for example by using similar basing and miniature scale. Please also remember to paint your forum name under the base of the mini.

Please also try to take some photos of your model before sending. When you receive a mini feel free to post about it, however please keep the sender's name secret until everyone else has received their mini - we all want to see what people are getting but let's not spoil the surprise for the last few!

Spiky - SHIPPED!
Goblin-King - SHIPPED!Finally...
tasoe - SHIPPED!
TMU - SHIPPED!
chaoticprime - SHIPPED!
bruenor - SHIPPED!
Jewels! - Painting in progress! Slight delay with shipping
Big bene - SHIPPED!
drathe - SHIPPED!
Wolfie907 - SHIPPED!
Maike05 - SHIPPED!
Patroclus - SHIPPED!

Received List:

Goblin-King - item received!
Goblin-King wrote:Here it is!

A little drummer orc pa ra pum pum pummm!

Spiky - item received!
Spiky wrote:I received this amazing Ice Gremlin! It's a very rare model and very nicely painted, but when you look at it closer you might realise that its...
[Reveal] Spoiler:
100% Sculpted from milliput! :o :shock:

Only one exchange participant is insane enough to do this, and I humbly thank that person - this is an awesome model! :D

Bruenor - item received!
bruenor wrote:Image

My exchange mini came in the post today, and what a wonderful one it is, the person who did it is very skilled and imaginative.
Just glad it's not my chestnuts he's roasting on that fire lol.

Thank you ever so much he's superb!!!

chaoticprime - item received!
chaoticprime wrote:Just got landed-awesomeness care of Spiky. Will take a photo when I can, later. Very well done, sir.

TMU - item received!
TMU wrote:Image
I really like the darkness of it, the skin parts are dark red :)

drathe- item received!

drathe wrote: I received this little treasure in the mail today...

A nice modified Wizard from...

tasoe - item received!

tasoe wrote:I received my figure yesterday.
Let me present it to you.

A classic picture with monsters:

Wait a minute, who's that all the way in the back, is he who I think he is?

Yeah, baby! It's *mother hugging* Morcar!

I don't need to say more. This figure speaks for itself.
I thank the person who sent it to me, maybe you guys could guess who it is.

Big bene - item received!

Big Bene wrote:OK, here they come:

A very original package:

Packed with care:

And it is...

An ice gremlin santa! Very fitting! And he's got a reindeer, too! I love how he made the antlers out of a jawbone :skeleton: :mrgreen:
Also like the dog, where is this figure from?
Moreover, with the greenfaced Santa and the dog in costume, I think there is a Grinch reference.
The translucent ice staff is magnificent (one piece broke, but I think I can easily fix it).
Thank you very much!

Maike05 - item received!

Maike05 wrote:Hello guys, here is what I got this week in my mailbox back in Brussels, Belgium :D

Hope you'll all be very jalous ! :D

I did not get one mini.... but THREE ! :goblin: But hey ! They look unarmed !

MMMhhh, What's this deary ?

It seems you can equip them with those !

The Badass Team ©

Patroclus - item received!

Patroclus wrote:I know many of you will hate me, but I have to say that I was a really good boy in 2013… This is what I get today… Just amazing work… My photos can’t show exactly all the details… The only thing I could tell is that you can’t recognize where the one color starts and where it finishes.

drathe wrote:Here's the miniature I sent to Jewels!:

wolfie907 wrote:got this today thanks spiky

wolfie907 wrote:I got this from jewels

Yet to receive:
Jewels!
Wolfie907
Last edited by Daedalus on September 3rd, 2018, 3:14 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Reason: updated received list

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ye Olde Inn Christmas 2013 Exchange

Postby Goblin-King » August 4th, 2013, 5:11 pm

I'm in too (obviously?)
I've also already painted my mini and posted it. :lol:

I've got an addition to the rules: NO SKELETONS!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby tasoe » August 4th, 2013, 5:21 pm

Spiky wrote:...I'll close the sign ups and make a draw at the end of August. Models must be completed and ready to send by the end of November...

That's not gonna work well I'm afraid as the last exhange proved. I'm sure people will want to get in later on when they see this.
A more proper date (in my opinion) to close the signups and make the draw is October 15 or even October 31.
A month/month and a half should be enough for people to paint something. If they know they'll participating anyway they can start now.

by the way, I'm in anyway.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » August 4th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Oh oh here! Put me in, put me in! :D

So, the rules, I would like that sending would happen on date!!! Also it would be cool if the sender wouldn't be named before all pictures have been posted. That's all :)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » August 4th, 2013, 5:39 pm

TMU wrote:So, the rules, I would like that sending would happen on date!!! Also it would be cool if the sender wouldn't be named before all pictures have been posted. That's all :)

In other words: Respect the actual freakin' rules!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby tasoe » August 4th, 2013, 5:54 pm

TMU wrote:...Also it would be cool if the sender wouldn't be named before all pictures have been posted...

That would be cool, so people could guess who's it from, but I don't think that was a problem in the previous two exchanges.

To respect the send date, that would be super-cool!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » August 4th, 2013, 6:09 pm

I'm in like Flynn.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » August 4th, 2013, 6:41 pm

tasoe wrote:
TMU wrote:...Also it would be cool if the sender wouldn't be named before all pictures have been posted...

That would be cool, so people could guess who's it from, but I don't think that was a problem in the previous two exchanges.

My thinking exactly, but in the last one, because of so many new exchangers, pictures came with name, without name, and names without pictures :?
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » August 4th, 2013, 7:19 pm

Can I exchange a custom bit of furniture? They're technically miniatures, but not specifically miniatures. I am working on some custom stuff that is pretty cool.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby tasoe » August 4th, 2013, 7:23 pm

I wouldn't mind getting a custom piece of furniture.

Rewards:
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Miniature Exchange Room