• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[5th] The epic 2016 Yeoldeinn Christmas exchange

Topics and Rules for Christmas and Christmas in July miniature exchanges are discussed in this room.

Re: The epic 2016 Yeoldeinn Christmas exchange

Postby whitebeard » November 14th, 2016, 1:18 pm

My son does not want to ship it either, but as a 9 year old he's taking it a bit better than you are. He's asking me to do another one.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: The epic 2016 Yeoldeinn Christmas exchange

Postby drathe » November 17th, 2016, 11:03 pm

I'm about 85-90% finished. Should be ready to ship on time.

I'm not sure what to do about the base either. Should I leave it? Or paint it a flat colour? I know some people like to have their bases customised to the rest of their collections.
Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 2935
Images: 103
Joined: August 16th, 2008, 2:55 pm
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: The epic 2016 Yeoldeinn Christmas exchange

Postby Anderas » November 18th, 2016, 12:50 am

That's exactly where i am. What should i do with the base? Currently i am thinking about painting it black and go with it but that would be sad.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: The epic 2016 Yeoldeinn Christmas exchange

Postby Goblin-King » November 18th, 2016, 9:44 am

Anderas wrote:That's exactly where i am. What should i do with the base? Currently i am thinking about painting it black and go with it but that would be sad.

I usually check if the one I'm painting for has any pictures of his own miniatures and try and match his style.
That way it fits better in if he decides to use the mini in his games.

But just do whatever you think looks best :)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: The epic 2016 Yeoldeinn Christmas exchange

Postby whitebeard » November 18th, 2016, 10:13 am

As a recipient, I would expect to receive a mini with the base style the giver usually uses. As a gifter, I took my typical base treatment to the next level.

I second Goblin-King: "just do whatever you think looks best"
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: The epic 2016 Yeoldeinn Christmas exchange

Postby knightkrawler » November 18th, 2016, 10:16 am

Decisions, decisions... it can only be a compromise if you decide on anyone's style, theirs or yours.
I'll do what I think looks good with the HQ base without completely covering up its props.
So, yeah: whatever floats yer boats.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: The epic 2016 Yeoldeinn Christmas exchange

Postby IvenBach » November 19th, 2016, 1:44 am

knightkrawler wrote:Decisions, decisions... it can only be a compromise if you decide on anyone's style, theirs or yours.
I'll do what I think looks good with the HQ base without completely covering up its props.
So, yeah: whatever floats yer boats.

Sarcasm: Water floats mine! /Sarcasm I look forward to seeing this years minis.


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: The epic 2016 Yeoldeinn Christmas exchange

Postby Goblin-King » November 20th, 2016, 3:47 pm

There!

I finally began painting! And almost half done.
The hard part is actually getting started I think.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: The epic 2016 Yeoldeinn Christmas exchange

Postby knightkrawler » November 20th, 2016, 5:02 pm

Goblin-King wrote:There!

I finally began painting! And almost half done.
The hard part is actually getting started I think.


So true.
I had no idea how to paint the mini once I decided on it, and so I slapped on a shaded basecoat, highlighting warm and cold and the ideas came.
Of course, that first basecoat has nothing to do with the end result. |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: The epic 2016 Yeoldeinn Christmas exchange

Postby Mophus » November 21st, 2016, 5:05 am

I've started preparing the miniature, yesterday. I also finished some instamould stuff, which came out very well for the first attempt.

In the case of the base question I expect to receive a base & miniature in the usual style of the giver, of course.


Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
Mophus

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior
 
Posts: 122
Images: 40
Joined: February 22nd, 2012, 1:12 pm
Location: Württemberg
Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniature Exchange Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests