Page 1 of 2

A free alternative to get your figures

PostPosted: November 11th, 2011, 6:05 pm
by smsacks
I found this great website: http://www.onemonk.com
See Forum Hoard #81-83 for the primary characters and monsters - base and expansions.
For the Elven Archers and Elven Warriors I used the Elf and Palladin from the Lost Treasures (MMiP #17 on the main download page)
For the mercenaries, I used the Dark figures from the Lost Treasures download

You can download pdf files with images of the characters, front and back, designed to be cut, folded and put into paper bases (I used the 20mm square base download for mine - the site has a tutorial on how to make them) or they have links to a site where you can buy wood bases. The figures are not all perfectly sized to the originals, but for me, this was better than searching all over and paying the ridiculous prices on ebay and other sites to obtain the plastic ones. And they look pretty cool!

Enjoy!

Re: A free alternative to get your figures

PostPosted: November 11th, 2011, 6:12 pm
by LordZeke
Yup these are great I have them. I know there is another post around these forums about them...

Re: A free alternative to get your figures

PostPosted: November 12th, 2011, 11:16 am
by Daedalus
From what I read on another site the guy made them free because he wants to achieve something before he dies (his health is bad). Leave a message of gratitude if you download so he gets something back. :)

Re: A free alternative to get your figures

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 5:41 am
by Big Bene
That's sad to hear...
I also know this site and think it's absolutely awesome.

Re: A free alternative to get your figures

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 3:44 pm
by smsacks
Glad to hear the forum is aware....would someone be kind enough, since I've been unable to obtain the expansions, to tell me which characters take up more than one movement square, and how many each occupies (1x3 or whatever), so that I can make my paper versions work properly? Thank you in advance!

Re: A free alternative to get your figures

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 10:00 pm
by drathe
Giant Wolves and the Frozen Horror are 1x2.

Re: A free alternative to get your figures

PostPosted: November 15th, 2011, 7:58 am
by Sjeng
Cool! seen the site, but missed the HQ mini's. amazing :) thanks for the tip!

Re: A free alternative to get your figures

PostPosted: January 8th, 2012, 6:40 pm
by Daedalus
smsacks wrote:I found this great website: http://www.onemonk.com
See Forum Hoard #81-83 for the primary characters and monsters - base and expansions.
For the Elven Archers and Elven Warriors I used the Elf and Palladin from the Lost Treasures (MMiP #17 on the main download page)
For the mercenaries, I used the Dark figures from the Lost Treasures download


In addition to the Lost Treasures and Hordes 81-83, other free collections of interest are:

Goblins: Hordes 3, 7, 12, 41, 43, and 45
Skeletons: Horde 3
Zombies: Hordes 1, 35, and 86
Orcs: Hordes 1 and 7
Mummies: :(
Fimir: :( (substitute cool Bugbears from Horde 86)
Chaos Warriors: Hordes 3 , 7, and 84-85
Gargoyle: :( (substitute ice demon from Horde 25)
Ogre: Horde 8
Mercenaries: Hordes 7, 18, 51, and 73
Elven Warriors: Hordes 18, 20, 42, 50, 69, and 74
Elven Archers: Horde 42
Giant Wolves: Hordes 22 and 46
Goblins on Giant Wolves: Horde 44
Witch Queen: Hordes 27, 31, 32, and 90
Skullmar: possibly Horde 50
Ghost Rider or Chaos Warlock: Horde 77

You can also buy downloads, including those suitable for Chaos Warriors, Orcs, Goblins, Ogres, Skeletons, Zombies, Elves, Barbarians, Mercenaries, Elven Warriors, and Elven Archers.

Finally, there are also many more monsters and peoples useful for dungeon crawling in general, whether free or paid.

Re: A free alternative to get your figures

PostPosted: February 5th, 2012, 3:12 pm
by Daedalus
drathe wrote:If your idea is to create paper miniatures from them, we can save you time by forwarding you to Jabbro Jones' photobucket. He's already made paper miniatures of the Frozen Horror, Mage of the Mirror, Wizards of Morcar and Against the Ogre Horde expansions.

The Hero Quest standees from Horde 81 are complimented by even more files from the artist's Hero Quest Photobucket folder. Better, more specific standees are available there for a Crossbowman, Halberdier, Scout, and Swordsman. Also found there alone are standees for an Elven Warrior, Elven Archer, and Giant Wolf.

Re: A free alternative to get your figures

PostPosted: June 26th, 2012, 4:35 am
by bigbuk79
These are excellent and have given me some good ideas regard colour schemes and how they will look on the model