• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Various lots on ebay

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Various lots on ebay

Postby drathe » July 15th, 2011, 1:12 pm

Ethica wrote:I'm sick of people putting "heroquest" on item descriptions that clearly aren't from heroquest. they know full well these things aren't from the game and they write flakey lines like "I was told this is from heroquest" or "This might be from a very rare heroquest expansion". Bullcrud!

Nice to know I'm not the only person annoyed by that. :D

Ethica wrote:It's bogstandard GW stuff, who are they trying to fool!?

Morons.

el_flesh wrote:Don't forget you can strip the paint off with a simple application of "Easy Off" Oven cleaner!

Does that work for plastics too, or just metal figs?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Darklord » July 18th, 2011, 7:07 am

Hey Guys,

I've decided to Ebay my complete boxed copy of Wizards of Morcar, I put it on Ebay for 99p but it's already seen quite a lot of bids. Thought I'd mention it here just in case one of you is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heroquest-Wizards ... 500wt_1129

I plan on putting a boxed Ogre Horde up at some point to, but I need to strip some of the mini's first. (go Dettol!)

Cheers,

Daniel.
Darklord

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » July 19th, 2011, 9:38 am

http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com/2008/05/14/stripping-paint-off-of-metal-miniatures/

Apparently it's OK for the Pb-Sn alloys - I didn't know for sure. But I can tell you it is perfectly fine for polystyrene models, and I'm sure that includes HQ plastics. Granted I haven't tried Easy Off on them yet. Proceed with caution (i.e. use it on something you have a few of, like skeletons) first.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » July 24th, 2011, 2:50 pm

Darklord wrote:Hey Guys,

I've decided to Ebay my complete boxed copy of Wizards of Morcar, I put it on Ebay for 99p but it's already seen quite a lot of bids. Thought I'd mention it here just in case one of you is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heroquest-Wizards ... 500wt_1129

I plan on putting a boxed Ogre Horde up at some point to, but I need to strip some of the mini's first. (go Dettol!)

Cheers,

Daniel.

Congratulations! That's the highest I've ever seen an opened and punched Wizards of Morcar go for. :shock:

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Darklord » July 24th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Thanks, it was unexpected. :)

My wife to be is pleased, were putting the money towards the wedding.

Daniel.
Darklord

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » July 25th, 2011, 2:51 am

Complete Mage of the Mirror!
Didn't expect to see one on ebay anytime soon.
It's already at 112 BP and some days to go... Sadly, I can't afford it right now.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » August 3rd, 2011, 3:12 am

Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 4th, 2011, 3:04 am

My Lord those prices are ridiculous!!! Who in their tight minds would pay over 300 pounds for an expansion set??? They either have too much money, or they do not know how to spend it wisely... Sheesh. Pretty depressing really :lol:
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby ken » August 4th, 2011, 4:02 am

Here is one for you US Citizens, Kellars Keep US edition, ebay Item number: 200636359694 Current bid £1-20 :o

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » August 4th, 2011, 10:33 am

Well Sjeng, I was raised to think that way, too...by parents who had been especially taught under their parents that lived through the great depression and wartime rations.
We're alive on this planet for only so long. If it makes you happy and really satisfies your weekends - why not blow a few hundred? How much do people spend on ONE day for their wedding???

It's your pick how you blow your cash - but I learned gradually not to judge what anyone else does with moolah - it can't buy love, but it can buy pleasure! (wooohooo!) And it sure comes in and goes out no matter what you spend it on.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market