Page 1 of 2
Birds eye view Macro Photography

Posted:
March 16th, 2018, 4:18 am
by phoenixcinder
Once my base set arrives would anyone have any use for high clarity macro photos of a birds eye view of miniatures/furniture?
Possibly to use to make their maps look nicer?
I know this is a market, I am not looking to sell these kinds of photos but to just give them away.
Let me know if there is any interest. Thx
Re: Birds eye view Macro Photography

Posted:
March 16th, 2018, 6:17 am
by Spookyhappyfun
Do you have any examples of what you're talking about? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
Re: Birds eye view Macro Photography

Posted:
March 16th, 2018, 1:02 pm
by phoenixcinder
Sadly I do not as I do not have the base set yet, still in the mail. That and I cannot upload pics on the forum either so not sure if this will be possible at all.
Look at this page.
http://north-american.yeoldeinn.com/miniatures.php#ogreAll the miniatures are shot directly straight on from the front.
I am talking about birdseye view shots of the miniatures and equipment. So from the top down
Re: Birds eye view Macro Photography

Posted:
March 16th, 2018, 8:38 pm
by phoenixcinder
Here is a quick example I made of what I mean. Not sure where this one came from, found a bag of em at a thrift store months ago
https://ibb.co/gbD5fH
Re: Birds eye view Macro Photography

Posted:
March 27th, 2018, 4:55 pm
by Daedalus
I wouldn't mind seeing your furniture pictures made into tiles. They could be useful when a Quest calls for extra furniture. Perhaps you could post them in the Gallery?
At heroquest no-ip, side and top furniture pics are available, but I imagine you can do better. It would be nice if paper models could be made from such macro images.
Re: Birds eye view Macro Photography

Posted:
March 27th, 2018, 7:23 pm
by phoenixcinder
Daedalus wrote:At heroquest no-ip, side and top furniture pics are available
No IP? I am not following? But high res pics of the furniture would be simple to make once I get mine in
Re: Birds eye view Macro Photography

Posted:
March 28th, 2018, 4:49 pm
by lestodante
Re: Birds eye view Macro Photography

Posted:
March 29th, 2018, 2:17 am
by phoenixcinder
Too many links on that page. But yeah making arial shots of the furniture and turned into tiles would be simple. By game came in yesterday So busy redoing card backs
Re: Birds eye view Macro Photography

Posted:
March 29th, 2018, 9:21 am
by cornixt
I used coloured-in pictures of the furniture from the quest maps. Fits well enough with the style of the board.
Re: Birds eye view Macro Photography

Posted:
March 29th, 2018, 10:21 am
by j_dean80
I bought a bunch of extra furniture from ebay to add to my 2 sets I already had.