Page 1 of 1

I've got extra hero and monster minis

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2018, 2:02 am
by aaronAGN
I just came into some extra minis.
Not sure what they're worth.
Some might be repros and some are originals.
If anyone is interested, I'd love to talk about possibly selling them.

P.S. the barbarians sword is broken but that's an easy fix

Image

Image

Re: I've got extra hero and monster minis

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2018, 3:19 am
by knightkrawler
These are all original. The bevelled bases are European, the smooth curved edge ones are American.

Re: I've got extra hero and monster minis

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2018, 9:19 am
by aaronAGN
knightkrawler wrote:These are all original. The bevelled bases are European, the smooth curved edge ones are American.


But i thought all the orc/goblin/fimir minis were green.
Some of these are grey.
And the skeleton is definitely a tan plastic instead of white.

Re: I've got extra hero and monster minis

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2018, 9:32 am
by knightkrawler
The greens of the greenskins range from very saturated to very unsaturated. What you have there is still undoubtedly a green. 'You wouldn't call it gray when you have a game system set of miniatures with the greenskins in this color and then the really gray figures like the chaos warriors. This is green, though quite drab next to the typical North American green plastic.*
And white... well, virtually nothing is ever white. So everything from a creamy off-white to buff to light tans and beiges were colors I've seen the undead minis in.
The American green and red miniatures I've seen tend to be more saturated in color than the European ones.

* My theory is the molds got used up after a few runs of the game system in Europe. For Kellar's Keep they used new molds and that more unsaturated green.
This is unproven, though. Someone would have to open their shrinkwrapped collection in a video for me to see live. But, oh, collecting MINT stuff is important!

Re: I've got extra hero and monster minis

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2018, 9:36 am
by aaronAGN
Okay. Cool.
I just wanted to make sure.
I was offering these up for fellow HQ players. So i didn't want to accidentally falsely claim they were all originals if some of them might not have been.
Thanks for the feedback.

Re: I've got extra hero and monster minis

PostPosted: February 6th, 2018, 4:43 pm
by Fallensaviour
Nice group,yes all original both NA and EU versions and also all very,very common.

Re: I've got extra hero and monster minis

PostPosted: February 7th, 2018, 2:14 am
by mitchiemasha
Another thing i prefer about the UK version.