Page 1 of 2

Quasi-Modular dungeon compatible with HQ

PostPosted: July 17th, 2016, 8:02 pm
by sorcerersapprentice
Hi Everyone - Just finished off some of the art for a new monster-size project:a quasi-modular dungeon set called GEAS. Compatible with 1" fantasy boardgames including Heroquest. Made of 4 boards the total surface will measure 54x36". Predominantly this set will have empty rooms - floor decor sure, but 3d furniture and minis will be added by Andy Atom Taylor who is going to be working with me on this project we intend to kickstart at some point later in the year. What you see here is basically the 2d baseboard, the foundation or basic dungeon that I intend to expand with dozens and dozens of packs of large themed overlay rooms/themed mats and pre-cut tiles that allow Geas to be transformed into all manner of things, sewers, catacombs, temples; elemental planes, whatever you want - the mind boggles at the possibilities... Geas allows the user to move the passages and rooms around to suit - and will offer a huge range of exciting vistas for table-top games in the near future including HQ.

Image

Image

You can take a bit more of a peek and keep up to date on this game and even let me know what kind of tiles to make for Geas, if you visit the group set up to design Geas in: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1625758761048662/

Kind Regards,
Kris

Re: Quasi-Modular dungeon compatible with HQ

PostPosted: July 17th, 2016, 8:14 pm
by mukami
Looks amazing, I can only image the scenarios that could be made..

At 54 x36, it will indeed put the "table top" in table top games.

Re: Quasi-Modular dungeon compatible with HQ

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 2:01 pm
by Daedalus
Wow, a whole game and world--you are one prolific geek! Go for it!

Re: Quasi-Modular dungeon compatible with HQ

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 5:25 am
by sorcerersapprentice
I am in discussion with WinGo to professionally produce a version of my upcoming World Dungeon Crawler, Geas... should be more to report soon.

Re: Quasi-Modular dungeon compatible with HQ

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 5:37 am
by Decipher
sorcerersapprentice wrote:I am in discussion with WinGo to professionally produce a version of my upcoming World Dungeon Crawler, Geas... should be more to report soon.


What? Wingo Games actually replies to your emails? For some reason they tell me they'll send me an email with a quote in a day or two, then nothing.

Hope this all works out for you brother.

Re: Quasi-Modular dungeon compatible with HQ

PostPosted: August 25th, 2017, 1:33 am
by sorcerersapprentice
They do - got my foot in the door hey :)

Re: Quasi-Modular dungeon compatible with HQ

PostPosted: September 6th, 2017, 9:56 pm
by Dirtydubya
That board looks so rad. All of your tiles look great, man

Re: Quasi-Modular dungeon compatible with HQ

PostPosted: September 6th, 2017, 11:49 pm
by Anderas
This is really amazing. :shock: That's the right board for the dark company. Better than four heroquest boards. :)

Re: Quasi-Modular dungeon compatible with HQ

PostPosted: September 13th, 2017, 8:01 pm
by sorcerersapprentice
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind comments - Digital Dungeon Rooms was a huge success, my best project yet and I am busy fulfilling it. But I hope to get back onto forging ahead with Geas in coming weeks. I now have an ability to make 3d furniture thanks to the support of my backers, so this will change things up immensely and I look forward to hopefully producing a demo version in 2018. I just have some other unfinished business to take care of first.

For DDR I produced a new variant of the above map with stone floors and blue-hued floors, plus a giant 4 board sewer system.

In case you were interested, the pledge manager for digital dungeon rooms is open for another 6 days: http://gametilewarehouse.wixsite.com/rp ... ply/shop-2

Cheers,
Kris

Re: Quasi-Modular dungeon compatible with HQ

PostPosted: September 20th, 2017, 8:27 am
by Spookyhappyfun
sorcerersapprentice wrote:I now have an ability to make 3d furniture thanks to the support of my backers, so this will change things up immensely and I look forward to hopefully producing a demo version in 2018.


Ooh! 3d furniture! I like it!

What sort of things are you thinking about?