Page 1 of 3

Mage knight down under.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2016, 6:47 pm
by Lemmeron
Hi all.

I am looking to get my hands on a copy of Mage knight in Australia.

All the stores on Amazon want around $60-80 AUD for the game but are charging stupid postage $110-$170 AUD !!

Does anyone own a copy or know where I can get one for under $100 AUD delivered to Sydney.

Also I would be interested in hearing what people who have played this think of it.


Thanks !

Re: Mage knight down under.

PostPosted: February 29th, 2016, 12:06 am
by StratosVX
Wow. That's a lot for shipping. I live in the US and have ordered things from the UK Amazon and it wasn't much more for shipping than what I normally pay. Amazon must not like you guys.

Re: Mage knight down under.

PostPosted: February 29th, 2016, 12:27 am
by Lemmeron
Yeah tell me about it ! I went through every seller listed that had Mage knight available on Amazon and it was always crazy postage. Sucks with kickstarters also.

Double as bad with the Aussie dollar being at record lows too. Sucks to be a gamer in Australia right now.

Re: Mage knight down under.

PostPosted: February 29th, 2016, 1:19 pm
by QorDaq
Just curious as I don't have a copy to sell you unfortunately, but, are you talking about the new board game version that uses the terrain from HeroScape or are you talking about the original Skirmish game from the mid 90s?

Edit: Just did a quick look, shipping (not based on retail anything, just private shipping) using USPS first class or Priority International ranges from $50-60 USD from the US. Plus the cost of the board game (Just looked at Amazon, could be cheaper somewhere else), assuming that is what you were asking about, was around $60 USD.

So total for private mail including game and postage, would be in the $120-130 USD range? Does that still require you to pay extra taxes on your end?

Regardless, again from a really brief search that still comes out around $180 AUD.

Re: Mage knight down under.

PostPosted: February 29th, 2016, 7:21 pm
by Lemmeron
Mage knight the board game plus it's expansions the lost legion, shades of tezla and the Krang character expansion.

You the price you came up with is about what I am getting from most places in the US which is outrageous !

Re: Mage knight down under.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2016, 5:53 am
by slev
You'll want to wait for the reprint on Shades of Tezla. The original was badly missprinted. A fault at the printers by all accounts.

Re: Mage knight down under.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2016, 6:39 am
by knightkrawler
slev wrote:The original was badly missprinted.


Aaah, that's priceless. Slev, you being the the genius that you are I take it that wasn't a typo, but an intentional ironic crypto-metacomment on the misprinting.

Re: Mage knight down under.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2016, 7:22 am
by slev
knightkrawler wrote:
slev wrote:The original was badly missprinted.


Aaah, that's priceless. Slev, you being the the genius that you are I take it that wasn't a typo, but an intentional ironic crypto-metacomment on the misprinting.



Err, yes, let's go with that. Why not.

But so we're not getting into "inadvertantly teasing the dyslexic", what did I get wrong?

Re: Mage knight down under.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2016, 2:08 pm
by StratosVX
slev wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:
slev wrote:The original was badly missprinted.


Aaah, that's priceless. Slev, you being the the genius that you are I take it that wasn't a typo, but an intentional ironic crypto-metacomment on the misprinting.



Err, yes, let's go with that. Why not.

But so we're not getting into "inadvertantly teasing the dyslexic", what did I get wrong?

You typed missprint, not misprint.

Re: Mage knight down under.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2016, 2:40 pm
by slev
StratosVX wrote:You typed missprint, not misprint.


Took me about five minutes to see the difference in those two!