Page 1 of 1
Strange query - Empty Heroquest Boxes?

Posted:
January 16th, 2016, 8:10 pm
by Once was Mortimer
Maybe a bit of a strange query. Would anyone sell off a decent condition Heroquest box or expansion box ... I'm guessing its unlikely as the box is usually the first thing to go, but just thought I'd ask. (A UK main set and a Ogre Horde box in particular).
Yes, I am being pedantic about my collection.
Re: Strange query - Empty Heroquest Boxes?

Posted:
January 17th, 2016, 1:24 am
by drathe
It's rare, but you can sometimes find them on eBay. I've been looking for an Ogre Horde and Wizards of Morcar UK box for several years, but when they do go up, they're more expensive than I can afford at the time.
Re: Strange query - Empty Heroquest Boxes?

Posted:
January 18th, 2016, 1:16 am
by Once was Mortimer
Which bares my other idea, which I'm not sure if its abit iffy legally. Buying a plan box and printing out the boxart onto it?
Re: Strange query - Empty Heroquest Boxes?

Posted:
June 18th, 2017, 9:05 am
by Daedalus
As you probably know, making and selling boxes with copyrighted art can get you into legal trouble with Hasbro. Making a box for your personal use is a different matter and won't bother anybody, even if it is technically illegal. It doesn't pay for Hasbro to oppose this kind of reproduction as it doesn't challenge their copyright. Should you decide to sell your personal box later, you've crossed the line by another degree. The more you repeat this, the more likely you are to be found out and legally warned with a cease and desist letter. Ignore that and you'll likely need a lawyer.
Re: Strange query - Empty Heroquest Boxes?

Posted:
July 12th, 2017, 10:08 pm
by aaronAGN
I'll happily make my own boxes if someone has instructions. The kind of materials, and so forth.
Re: Strange query - Empty Heroquest Boxes?

Posted:
July 16th, 2017, 11:57 pm
by Decipher
You almost have to make your own since people are selling empty boxes for 10 to 20 bucks on eBay right now.
Re: Strange query - Empty Heroquest Boxes?

Posted:
July 17th, 2017, 12:04 am
by Fallensaviour
I need to replace mine as well the boxes are very,very worn now.
Re: Strange query - Empty Heroquest Boxes?

Posted:
December 8th, 2017, 8:39 pm
by Daedalus
Re: Strange query - Empty Heroquest Boxes?

Posted:
December 17th, 2017, 6:29 pm
by TMU
Never thought of this, thanks!