The times for burning houses are over.
That's a docile wish.
As long as it is about prices and consumer electronics, it's NOT war.
Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.
The times for burning houses are over.


Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.




knightkrawler wrote:OK, back on topic.
These miniatures - to me as a player and as a painter both - are unattractive.
Not the women. The miniatures.
As I said in the other thread dealing with the same overall topic this thread succumbed to...
I'd rather want some ugly, fat, unattractive, mongrel female miniatures than these here with their beautiful faces clad in layers of green and brown and rucksack.
There's the real hypocrisy of this Kickstarter to me: the faces are still the same old cute and pretty cliché (I find that rather incongruous with feminism, by the way). The bodies showing through the wools and leathers are still slim and impeccable. There are fat and ugly women out there, I've seen them. Some must be adventurers.


knightkrawler wrote:The discussion of interested and not-so-interested people started a deeper reaching debate that has since devolved and then evolved again.
Kinda like a real talk. Happens. No reason to not start a thread anymore.
My opinion on the mnis themselves again:knightkrawler wrote:OK, back on topic.
These miniatures - to me as a player and as a painter both - are unattractive.
Not the women. The miniatures.
As I said in the other thread dealing with the same overall topic this thread succumbed to...
I'd rather want some ugly, fat, unattractive, mongrel female miniatures than these here with their beautiful faces clad in layers of green and brown and rucksack.
There's the real hypocrisy of this Kickstarter to me: the faces are still the same old cute and pretty cliché (I find that rather incongruous with feminism, by the way). The bodies showing through the wools and leathers are still slim and impeccable. There are fat and ugly women out there, I've seen them. Some must be adventurers.


knightkrawler wrote:The discussion of interested and not-so-interested people started a deeper reaching debate that has since devolved and then evolved again.
Kinda like a real talk. Happens. No reason to not start a thread anymore.





Goblin-King wrote:knightkrawler wrote:The discussion of interested and not-so-interested people started a deeper reaching debate that has since devolved and then evolved again.
Kinda like a real talk. Happens. No reason to not start a thread anymore.
I guess there's only so much discussion to be had over a handful of miniatures...
I find them decent. Too over-equipped though. Bags are fine... but lantern, rope, 5 bags and spare weapons, and I begin to wonder if they can even fight properly. Also, why are the rogue carrying a lantern?
The pretty-faces are fine. Most people don't want to play as an ugly character. They strike a balance between pretty and practical. Normal women in a workplace can still have a pretty face and boobs.
In the pursuit of making them plain, they also end up seeming a bit same-y. Looking at them as a group they don't look like classes, but a haphazardly armed militia.
The marketing is stupid. It's like some cleaning product claiming "perfect for removing cat and dog hair" - just to make all the pet owners feel like this is THE product for them.
Here they are just aiming at feminists, making them feel like it's a product they should be honored to own; and obliged to support the KS to support the cause.
The marketing has that "We can do it!" vibe that just feels misplaced here.
mukami wrote:knightkrawler wrote:The discussion of interested and not-so-interested people started a deeper reaching debate that has since devolved and then evolved again.
Kinda like a real talk. Happens. No reason to not start a thread anymore.
My opinion on the mnis themselves again:knightkrawler wrote:OK, back on topic.
These miniatures - to me as a player and as a painter both - are unattractive.
Not the women. The miniatures.
As I said in the other thread dealing with the same overall topic this thread succumbed to...
I'd rather want some ugly, fat, unattractive, mongrel female miniatures than these here with their beautiful faces clad in layers of green and brown and rucksack.
There's the real hypocrisy of this Kickstarter to me: the faces are still the same old cute and pretty cliché (I find that rather incongruous with feminism, by the way). The bodies showing through the wools and leathers are still slim and impeccable. There are fat and ugly women out there, I've seen them. Some must be adventurers.
I can completely see your opinion and respect it, the miniatures are a hypocrisy. I also kinda hate the way they describe the KS, they should have marketed as just what it is "Clothed and well armored female miniatures for DnD" because even in the updates they talk about using the half-orc for an upcoming game.




Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests