• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroScribe Icon Packs

Discuss Icons for use on Cards and Quest Maps.

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby Ethica » December 3rd, 2011, 5:00 pm

Another question- Whats that Tomb of Gwynt?

Is it something I could make, perhaps buy cutting the existing warrior of my second tomb piece and glueing a spare figure into the gapI am wondering? Anyone else tried this?

Edit- This has given me an excellent idea. Will share tomorrow when I've finished it :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Derfel Link » December 4th, 2011, 7:27 am

@Ethica that comes from HeroQuest: A Marvel Winter Special (link)

@drathe latest version of SemiModular Icon Pack is actually working for me. Question: is the All-In-One Icon Pack loading to you? 'Cause if you get everything right (installing the latest SemiModular Icon Pack on a brand new HeroScribe 1.0pre1 setup), the reason why it is not starting up may be due to the size of ram Java is allowed to run on your machine. You might want to try this: in the SemiModular HeroScribe folder, create a file named HeroScribe.bat, then edit it with Notepad (I threw that out and only use Notepad++) and save it with this line (feel free to tweak the MB Java shall handle, I opted for 2GB when helping another user with the same -I think- issue):

Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java" -Xms2048M -Xmx2048M -jar "C:\Program Files\HeroScribe\HeroScribe.jar"

Of course, first path should lead to the current java.exe folder and second one to the SemiModular HeroScribe.jar folder.
Then run HeroScribe by double clicking HeroScribe.bat and let me know if that works to you.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » December 4th, 2011, 3:17 pm

All-in-One works like a charm!

As for the SemiModular pack... you hit the nail right on the head! It was RAM. I had to adjust the memory to 300M in order to get it to work. (2GB would have been nice, but poor ol'compy here just doesn't have that much. She's 11 years old and only has 768MB.)

Thank you for the help! It's much appreciated.

PS: Does anyone coding still use regular Notepad? I abandoned it for Notepad++ years ago.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » December 4th, 2011, 3:24 pm

Glad to know that worked! That workaround should probably go on the Help Page on my website.
I don't actually get why the All-In-One would work and SemiModular wouldn't, might be related to the icon size (SemiModular features a 20x20tiles icon by the size of 3.4MB, that could've done it).

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » January 15th, 2012, 6:18 am

Hey guys! I finally managed to publish the HeroScribe Icon Pack "Spaceship Corridor", featuring every icon from the popular game board: Icon Pack is available here. I would like to strongly thank Dirk for his help, if it was not for him we would not have this Icon Pack.

I have also managed to redesign every official mission map; you understand why I am not inserting them in this Icon pack.

Please rememeber these icons are based on concepts copyright 1989-2012 Games Workshop Ltd. All rights reserved. Any reference to existing copyrighted material is done without profit, and is not intended as a challenge to the rights of the copyright owner.
This editor is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.
Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos devices, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khorne, Kroot, Lord of Change, Necron, Nurgle, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Slaanesh, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k Device, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2012, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby sadkitchen » January 16th, 2012, 2:28 am

Derfel Link wrote:Please rememeber these icons are based on concepts copyright 1989-2012 Games Workshop Ltd. All rights reserved. Any reference to existing copyrighted material is done without profit, and is not intended as a challenge to the rights of the copyright owner.
This editor is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.
Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos devices, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khorne, Kroot, Lord of Change, Necron, Nurgle, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Slaanesh, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k Device, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2012, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Worried about Greed Workshop's lawyers much?

-SadKitchen
sadkitchen

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ndsandman » January 16th, 2012, 9:38 pm

LOL I started laughing when I read:

Derfel Link wrote:Please rememeber these icons are based on concepts copyright 1989-2012 Games Workshop Ltd. All rights reserved. Any reference to existing copyrighted material is done without profit, and is not intended as a challenge to the rights of the copyright owner.
and so forth ........

I was thinking the same. Its called CYA - Cover Your A$$ -

If I owned Hero Quest rights I would be promoting contests for fans to write quests, work on art work. And I know even if a fan only received written acknowledgement for their efforts, they would be happy to keep an awesome game alive.
Something Wizards of the Coast should think about too.

NDSandman
Last edited by ndsandman on October 6th, 2013, 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added quote tags
He Who Dies with the Most Loot
Probably Ran into the Dragon
ndsandman

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » February 27th, 2012, 11:01 am

Hey there, I've been working on the Advanced HeroQuest Icon Pack for HeroScribe, here's what I've done so far:

Hope to be able to release it soon.
Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » February 28th, 2012, 2:51 pm

That looks awesome! Another fine job Derfel Link.

I might actually use these to make some new quests one day. I believe some of the Agin's Classics we're working on uses a few icons from this set. Like the small suspension bridge and the pools. (They're a long ways away yet. Many others ahead in the schedule.)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Seb » February 29th, 2012, 6:49 pm

That is indeed some gorgeous artwork. Had to comment just on the details alone. :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Icons