Page 1 of 1

My new homebrew icons for hQuest Builder users

PostPosted: March 27th, 2022, 11:46 am
by banjo_oz
For those folks who use hQuestBuilder (a cool web app quest making tool), I converted my new trap type icons that I previously did for HeroScribe into a format and style that works with hQuestBuilder. Included are links so you can add them effortlessly to your "Homebrew" icon palette in hQuestBuilder.

https://banjogames.wordpress.com/2022/0 ... rew-icons/

Re: My new homebrew icons for hQuest Builder users

PostPosted: May 19th, 2022, 11:04 pm
by AngusMacBaine
Cool! Thanks!

Re: My new homebrew icons for hQuest Builder users

PostPosted: January 1st, 2023, 10:30 pm
by leo
Great simple to use program thanks for sharing.

Re: My new homebrew icons for hQuest Builder users

PostPosted: April 13th, 2023, 6:53 am
by SaoirseIRL
Thanks for sharing, great traps!

I've used hQuestbuilder extensively, but never used Heroscribe. How easy is Heroscribe to use to create your own unique homebrew icons?

Re: My new homebrew icons for hQuest Builder users

PostPosted: April 13th, 2023, 6:31 pm
by StratosVX
SaoirseIRL wrote:Thanks for sharing, great traps!

I've used hQuestbuilder extensively, but never used Heroscribe. How easy is Heroscribe to use to create your own unique homebrew icons?

Creating the icons isn't bad. It's getting them imported and working that's a royal pain. When I was creating all the maps in the link in my signature, I attempted to get additional icons working but was never successful. Whitebeard was able to get them working, but I believe he had a different version of Cairo on his computer that made it work. Icon import was way, way more laborious than it needed to be. Anderas and I were going to write a modern and updatable version of HS that was going to address that issue (among many others), but life got in the way for both of us and it never happened. From the little bit of time I've been able to spend on here, it sounds like hQuestbuilder does pretty much everything now.

Re: My new homebrew icons for hQuest Builder users

PostPosted: August 4th, 2023, 9:19 am
by SaoirseIRL
I couldn't recommend Hquestbuilder enough, it's very user friendly and allows you to easily use homebrew icons, etc

Re: My new homebrew icons for hQuest Builder users

PostPosted: August 26th, 2023, 11:55 am
by Stoner81
Personally I prefer HeroScribe...

I have all my maps saved so that I can instantly load them in to it and make changes if needs be rather than remaking the entire map from scratch. I find the controls for HQB to be not that intuitive but that could just be be used to how HeroScribe works.

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.