Page 1 of 2

[COMPLETE] New parchement text border

PostPosted: March 19th, 2016, 3:28 pm
by Stoner81
Greetings folks! My Photoshop skills are rather lacking so here I am :) I am after a new parchment text border or even a scanned one from the original quest books since I can wipe out the text and add my own no issues. If somebody would like to create one from scratch though that would also be awesome, my quest books will be on a standard A4 sheet if that helps with regard the sizing :)

Thanks in advance!

Stoner81.

Re: New parchement text border

PostPosted: March 19th, 2016, 6:47 pm
by Count Mohawk
What, something like this?
Image

This isn't terribly high quality, but I've been using it in my Word documents for a while. I know I found the original somewhere on this very Inn...

If you want a 300px version, I can probably work something out. I also have Mentor's seal available to stick on the edge if you're an EU player.

Re: New parchement text border

PostPosted: March 19th, 2016, 10:10 pm
by StratosVX
Whitebeard created a vector version a while back that can be found here.

Re: New parchement text border

PostPosted: March 20th, 2016, 11:17 am
by Stoner81
You guys rock! Thanks very much! The seal would also be awesome though it will probably look a bit weird with the coloured background. Is there one in black and white for a more printer friendly version by any chance? If not then no worries :)

Have a few cold ones on me :)

|_P |_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.

PS - I took a screenshot of the one that Stratos linked since it's a PDF file, this is pretty much complete but if anybody has anything else to offer then please feel free to post them up and give other folks some more options :)

Re: [COMPLETE] New parchement text border

PostPosted: March 20th, 2016, 1:18 pm
by whitebeard
here are two other versions. The color one uses no raster images (so it is small) but still looks like parchment. and the black and white one is what you were looking for.

HQBannerParchment.pdf

HQBannerBW.pdf

Re: [COMPLETE] New parchement text border

PostPosted: March 21st, 2016, 9:44 am
by Stoner81
Overflowing with win! Thanks whitebeard!

|_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.

Re: [COMPLETE] New parchement text border

PostPosted: March 21st, 2016, 10:12 am
by Count Mohawk
As promised, Mentor's seal and his signature:
ImageImageImage

You can get the files off my dropbox, in both raster and SVG vector format.

Re: [COMPLETE] New parchement text border

PostPosted: March 21st, 2016, 10:27 am
by slev
Nice.

ALthough I'd LOVE a colour version, like on the back of the ADK.

Re: [COMPLETE] New parchement text border

PostPosted: March 21st, 2016, 11:27 am
by StratosVX
slev wrote:Nice.

ALthough I'd LOVE a colour version, like on the back of the ADK.

There is a color one in the dropbox.

Re: [COMPLETE] New parchement text border

PostPosted: March 21st, 2016, 12:50 pm
by Count Mohawk
slev wrote:Nice.

ALthough I'd LOVE a colour version, like on the back of the ADK.

Yeah, good luck with that. I haven't found any sources with sufficiently high-quality scans, and my vector-conversion tools can only do black and white anyway.
I'll add the wax seal images I did find to my folder above though.

Also, the one on the back of the ADK is totally Morcar's seal...