• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New HQ Equipment Cards

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: New HQ Equipment Cards

Postby arntisdale » June 30th, 2020, 3:16 pm

I've updated all of the card images.
All the images should now be fairly consistent. (see link in 1st post)
I've gone to NA-style with no borders.
Please check it out at let me know what you think!
arntisdale

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Gold Bearer » July 7th, 2020, 2:31 pm

lestodante wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nice cards. Ensorcelled, never heard that word before.

The Skullcleaver is a bit ambiguous, what if you attack and different target on your next turn then go back to the first target the turn after? Personally I'd just have it being able to reroll one dice all the time.

I like the Chaotic Sword but I think it would be neater if rolling a 1 meant attacking with one dice. It would still average 3.5 dice so would still be better than any standard one handed weapon. You don't like that you have to roll one attack dice? Well tough titties, that's what you get for using a sword that's chaotic!

The Potion Of Counterattack could probably use a slight rewording. From now on and for the next three turns is almost a contradiction, the from now on part isn't needed. I take it when you say 'parry' you mean the attacker rolls at least one skull but you don't get wounded? That needs to be clearer because it could mean whenever you don't take damage from an attack or whenever you roll at least one white shield even if you do take damage. It could also do when a nicer sounding name in my opinion, if not Counter-Attack isn't one word.

The Wand Of Galimatis has an effect when you first find it which is a little odd. I'd write that part in the quest notes where it's found because it's not really part of the item, at least not a lasting part. I'd spell out two extra mind points instead of using '2', 2 looks wrong I think. That works for dice rolls, as in on the roll of a 1 or 2, but not if it's descriptive of the number of something.

Does casting Tempest use your action?

Some of these might seem slightly picky but you should make the most of that awesome and completely official looking artwork.

The Wand Of Galimatis has an effect when you first find it which is a little odd. I'd write that part in the quest notes where it's found because it's not really part of the item, at least not a lasting part. I'd spell out two extra mind points instead of using '2', 2 looks wong I think. That works for dice rolls, as in on the roll of a 1 or 2, but not if it's descriptive of the number of something.

Some of these might seem slightly picky but you should make the most of that awesome and completely official looking artwork.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » July 8th, 2020, 5:59 pm

Ensorcelled, never heard that word before.
Ask to Pancho!!! He took this one from the Tyrant's Tomb book by Dave Morris.

The Skullcleaver is a bit ambiguous, what if you attack and different target on your next turn then go back to the first target the turn after? Personally I'd just have it being able to reroll one dice all the time.
No, it allows a re-roll only the first time you attack a new monster (but again, ask to Pancho);

I like the Chaotic Sword but I think it would be neater if rolling a 1 meant attacking with one dice. It would still average 3.5 dice so would still be better than any standard one handed weapon. You don't like that you have to roll one attack dice? Well tough titties, that's what you get for using a sword that's chaotic!
I totally agree with you, I also liked the 1 die attack but this is what was written in the original Brazilian quest. You may adjust any rule you prefer.

The Potion Of Counterattack could probably use a slight rewording. From now on and for the next three turns is almost a contradiction, the from now on part isn't needed. I take it when you say 'parry' you mean the attacker rolls at least one skull but you don't get wounded? That needs to be clearer because it could mean whenever you don't take damage from an attack or whenever you roll at least one white shield even if you do take damage. It could also do when a nicer sounding name in my opinion, if not Counter-Attack isn't one word.
Yes, it means when you don't get a wound.

The Wand Of Galimatis has an effect when you first find it which is a little odd. I'd write that part in the quest notes where it's found because it's not really part of the item, at least not a lasting part. I'd spell out two extra mind points instead of using '2', 2 looks wrong I think. That works for dice rolls, as in on the roll of a 1 or 2, but not if it's descriptive of the number of something.
Again, ask to Pancho!

Yes, you can attack or cast Tempest. So it's an action.

What do you mean with "slightly picky"?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » July 8th, 2020, 7:40 pm

lestodante wrote:What do you mean with "slightly picky"?
That I was probably being overly critical. I don't mind a bit of complexity but I like clean, tidy and unambiguous rules.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pancho » July 9th, 2020, 2:16 am

Ensorcelled is when an ordinary object (or person) has sorcery done upon it, and it then becomes magical.
If I remember correctly I added that word myself, I don’t think it came from description in the Heroquest novel. But it works quite well in this instance because Dave Morris uses a lot of other archaic phrases in the books, which I have used in the quest pack. Feel free to change it though.

Skullcleaver you could add that it’s when you attack a “new” opponent.

I agree that for the Wand of Galimatias the bit about it returning all lost spells would be better off in the quest notes. Somebody else said that over on the thread, but it must have been forgotten. I also agree that “two” would be better than 2.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby slev » July 9th, 2020, 9:05 am

lestodante wrote:Mind if I steal some of these images for my projects please?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » July 9th, 2020, 5:55 pm

slev wrote:Mind if I steal some of these images for my projects please?

All the cards above will be released with The Tyrant's Tomb quest pack very soon.
Of course, anyone can download and modify as they prefer.
PS: I guess you are using the QUOTE option in the wrong way... :mrgreen:

OK, I can change 2 with two. But I think it is more correct to use a number instead of a word when you are referring to a score (at least in Italian grammatic it is so).
EDIT: Well, just checked and all the English cards are using words, while the Italian, French, and Spanish cards use numbers. :geek: NICE FIND!
The German version uses both numbers and words, depending by the cards.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » July 10th, 2020, 4:16 am

lestodante wrote:
slev wrote:Mind if I steal some of these images for my projects please?

All the cards above will be released with The Tyrant's Tomb quest pack very soon.
Of course, anyone can download and modify as they prefer.
PS: I guess you are using the QUOTE option in the wrong way... :mrgreen:

OK, I can change 2 with two. But I think it is more correct to use a number instead of a word when you are referring to a score (at least in Italian grammatic it is so).
EDIT: Well, just checked and all the English cards are using words, while the Italian, French, and Spanish cards use numbers. :geek: NICE FIND!
The German version uses both numbers and words, depending by the cards.

Depending by the numbers.

Normally we use words until 12, above we use numbers. This is because our language is so fraggled up that you can't understand the numbers properly when written. For 35 we say 5-and-30. For 1234 we speak 1-thousand-2-hundred-4-and-30. For 13 we speak 3-10.

So you hear all the numbers above 12 the wrong way around leading to crazy errors all the time... but I digress :-)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » July 10th, 2020, 9:07 am

lestodante wrote:PS: I guess you are using the QUOTE option in the wrong way... :mrgreen:

Don't know how I managed that one!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » July 11th, 2020, 7:16 am

Anderas wrote:...
You're still here then. That's wonderful. :|

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Project Forge