• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Frozen Anderas Horror Yeti Wonderland

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Frozen Anderas Horror Yeti Wonderland

Postby Anderas » February 7th, 2019, 10:37 am

Okay,
I need someone for three solo quests and then some more for group quests :-)
The solo quests are hugely unbalanced, so they will need some mercenaries, too. If we start with more than one Hero Player, we can have one playing the mercenaries and the other one playing the newborn baby barbarian. :-)

I will use a smartphone-adapted card format and photos if possible so that you won't have to turn your phone. I will post the photos directly in Imgur and then I will see if it works just fine or is totally annoying. :-D

Heroes
Find the available heroes here:

viewtopic.php?f=162&t=4518&p=93944#p93944

Rules:
Each turn you may move and make an action, in any order.
You can make free actions whenever you like if nothing else is stated. If something is stated, it's clearly visible like in the next paragraph.

Monsters have NA statlines, sspecials are posted, if I have monster cards then I will post them sometimes.

Equipment trading
You may change your hand-held or body equipment at the beginning of your turn as a free action. If you do so later, it costs the action.
Likewise, you may give equipment to another adjacent figure at the beginning of your turn for free, if you do so later, it costs the action.
The receiver of the equipment must have more than 0 :redheart: and 0 :blueorb: , otherwise they can't take it.

Using potions
Using a potion is generally for free. You may even do so when you have negative Body Points, if you do so directly after receiving the blow that brings you there.
Using a potion with an effect that is intended only for yourself on an adjacent figure costs the action.
Likewise, using a potion on a figure with 0 or less :redheart: or 0 or less :blueorb: costs the action.
So yes, you may save your friend or mercenary with that potion of healing, but you need to be adjacent and it will cost the action.

Some potions have several effects written on them, depending which cost you want to pay you may use the one or the other effect.
A typical representative of this type of card is this:
Rejuvenation Salve.jpg

Movement:
If you start to move, you have to end the move before you can do something else. You "start" to move in the moment you roll the movement dice or open a door.
During movement, you may move from a square to another square over a line only ("adjacent" square) which means, not over a corner "diagonal".
During movement you may open doors, trap doors and previously discovered secret doors.
You may jump a trap as detailed here in Ben's Trap write up.

If your movement path has a trap on any of those squares, I will tell you after you announce your move; whenever I am next online. I will resolve the trap effect. If as a part of the trap effect, the turn is over, I will negate the rest of the turn and place the model accordingly.
Please give me the path you take, for example like, N-N-E-N; like that I know if you trigger a trap or not. Otherwise I will take the straightest path possible and use the one that is less good for your if there are several same-ish possibilities.

If subsquent turns of other players were dependent of your action, they may replay their turn then.
Example, you thought you had killed that yeti. But. Sadly you are on the bottom of a pit trap now, so you didn't kill it really. That may have influence on the Wizard: Do they enter or not? You may replay then

Action:
You may attack a monster in range of your weapon.
You may search for traps.
You may search for treasures. (one search action per Room, (also Corridor), Furniture item and Pit Trap (if you are inside))
You may search for secret doors.

You may give up your action and move three squares more than normal.

If you have this action, you may disarm a trap.
If you have this action, you may cast a spell or use a spell scroll.

Ranges
Self: yourself.
Adjacent: Yourself and the four squares in N, S, E, W directions. (Broad Sword, Axe)
Diagonal: Yourself and the 8 squares around you. You can attack diagonally between two figures or a wall and a figure. (Long Sword, Halberdier)
Ranged: Everything that is in line of sight and farer away than Diagonal. You cannot attack diagonally between two figures or a wall and a figure. (Crossbow, Long Bow)
Same Room: Everything that is in the same room or corridor, line of sight or not. (most searches use this)
Magic range: Like Diagonal plus Ranged plus same room; with the smallest restrictions.
Anywhere: Anywhere on the board, given that there is an open way you could walk or fly like an arrow (it stops at closed doors, for example, but not on bottomless chasms)

If nothing else is stated, an effect works only on one target inside the specified range, magic has always magic range, weapons have always adjacent, shooting has always ranged, potions work always adjacent.

Mercenaries
You will start with four mercenaries. Mercenaries can move like heroes, but as action they have only the attack with their weapon. Exceptions are stated directly on their game card.

... nothing surprising until here, I hope. Remarks?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Anderas on March 26th, 2020, 12:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Frozen Anderas Horror Yeti Wonderland

Postby Anderas » February 7th, 2019, 12:41 pm

Specials in this Quest Book:

Ice or Cold Damage:
Ice damage can occur if you're not properly clothing in the Winter Wonderland.
Discount BP from Ice Damage like you would discount any other damage. The only difference is that there are certain items that could protect you from receiving this special type of damage.
Ice or cold damage comes for example from the spells Chill, Ice Storm, Mind Freeze; and from the rooms Ice Vault and Icy River.

Yeti rule:
TheFrozenHorror.Yeti_EU.png

Whenever the Yeti's attack causes a Hero to lose at least 1 Body Point, the Yeti grabs the Hero in a powerful hug. This hug inflicts 1 Body Point of damage to the Hero at the start of each subsequent Zargon turn. The Hero cannot defend against this attack, and can attack back only with a dagger. The Yeti can make no other attacks while hugging. This continues until either the Hero dies or the Yeti is killed by the Hero's companions.

Mind Points
When a Hero reaches zero Mind Points, they are not dead but in shock. A Hero cannot go below zero Mind Points. They Roll one red die to move, attack with one white die and defend with 2 white dice. Armor, Equipment, Artifacts do not increase those values as long as the Hero is in shock; Spells and Spell scrolls can temporarily increase those values.

Multiple Attacks
A Hero rolls defend dice for each attacking monster. A Hero attacked by a monster with multiple attacks like the Polar Warbear, gets only one defend roll against that monster per turn.

Icy Rivers
That blue river is a blue river full of ice cold water. Drax might appreciate that a beer you hold into this water is ice cold after a minute. He might less appreciate that his legs go cold, too.

You need 2 movement points to move 1 square in an icy river. Each time you enter an icy river square, you roll a combat die. If a white shield shows, you lose a BP due to cold damage.

Monsters ignore the effect for some unknown reason.

Quest 3:
Quest 3 - A quest for an intermediate Barbarian and his three beginner Hero friends
The Rescue
The minions of the Frozen Horror have captured Gothar, the Barbarian tribe's Great Elder. He has been taken to an evil Chaos stronghold near Ice Mountain. Gothar has great wisdom, but he is old and frail. He cannot survive long in the cruel hands of the creatures of Chaos. Your final test is to enter the stronghold, find Gothar, and bring him out safely. Begin on the spiral stairway and return to it to end your Quest.

And now a test of Imgur

Yes that will be our gaming table. I figured it would be fastest if i put the models on the table in real life, and post the photos here. :-) Hero sheets will be in google.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Anderas on April 20th, 2019, 1:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » February 7th, 2019, 4:17 pm

Hello there!

I am ready.

You are a brave soul for starting this!

I would take the Mercs, I shudder at the thought of being the leader of the ragtag gang, I'll follow and provide support.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 7th, 2019, 4:28 pm

I'm happy you're in!
Mercenaries are ready. Who will lead them?
The mercenary sheet. Hopefully I don't forget to post it regularly. :-)
You can edit that sheet yourself; I would like if you do so!

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » February 7th, 2019, 5:06 pm

OK.

I'm not certain if I should wait for Kitch to start or not.

I leave this up to you to decide.

However, if not, the Crossbowman peeks his head into the door and takes a look up and down the hallway.

As a side note: I am assuming these are laid out identically to the BQPs quests. It's been a loooooong time since I last looked at those quests and even then I was Zargon. I vow not to look at them.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » February 8th, 2019, 1:48 am

Quest 1 - Solo Quest
Xanon Pass
Good luck, Barbarian, on this, your first of three trials! Servants of the Frozen Horror have overrun the fortress that guards Xanon Pass. This is the only pass over the Cyberian Range, which you must cross to reach Ice Mountain. An iron door is your entry into the fortress. You must find the wooden exit door that leads out to the far side of the pass.
Four Mercenaries offer their help, one of each kind. Make good use of them!

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » February 8th, 2019, 8:37 am

Ok. Lets get this going!

1) Scout steps in and searches for traps.
If found, move towards nearest one to the south, adjacent if able.

2) if no traps found, each mercy in turn moves in and heads south towards the door. Swordsman leads the way.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » February 8th, 2019, 8:40 am

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 8th, 2019, 3:21 pm

:idea: I think the Barbarian missed his mind test. Let me do it...
Anderas rolled 2 6-sided dice:
4, 6

Ok, that should suffice to stand in front of the door.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » February 8th, 2019, 4:05 pm

Looks good.

Lets give Kitch a bit to rejoin. If not we can kick the door open tomorrow.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Next

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room