Monster Siege!
I've adapted my death match p-b-p idea that nobody was interest in. I need 4-6 other players to control a group of four monster type characters. I think the main reason was that people didn't like the idea of hero type characters in competition with each other, so I've switched it round to rival groups of monsters attacking some kind of settlement. In the first one (if it even gets that far) will be an imperial settlement. There could be others using other monsters later on.
I'll probably use random movement dice for these monsters with set movement for the imperial force (in the spirit of switching round). S is speed, 4 = roll one dice, 6 = the highest of two, 8 = two dice, 10 = the highest two of three, 12 = three dice. The standard enemies will be the men-at-arms with the additions of spearmen and bowmen, Elven spearmen and bowmen and Dwarven axemen and crossbowmen as the fodder. The basic idea will be to fight your way to the centre to retrieve some kind of artefact and get it back to where you started (a bit like a cross between Space Crusade gameplay and capture the flag). They'll also be some the heroes I've created with better versions (veterans, masters and legends) as you get closer to the centre. It will give me a chance to test them out and with these monster stats there's going to need to be quality hero level opposition.
From the chaos deck I've taken out the spells that have spells with the same name in other sets to avoid confusion, the ones the good guys can have and the spells that are in the element decks. The listed for the chaos warlock are what was left after I gave the vampire his three. Monsters will still defend with black shields and the good guys with white shields.
I'd like to use a city type board for this but I'm not sure what's possible in p-b-p. I could use the standard boards joined together like in the dark company if not. This could be a lot of fun. Here are the monsters. They might still need a bit of balancing, they're supposed to be roughly as effective as each other. Comments, suggestions, and especially players are very welcome. What do you think?
Green
Goblin Fanatic
M10 A6 D1 BP2 MP1 - At the start your turn roll a combat dice, skull = attack a the closest enemy, black shield = attack the closest target.
Fimir
M6 A3 D3 BP3 MP3
Orc Warlord
M8 A4 D4 BP5 MP3 - Can attack with two melee weapons in the same turn without penalty and can attack before and after moving.
Orc Shaman
M8 A2 D2 BP5 MP7 - L2M WoM spells.
Mercenaries: Goblins, Orcs.
White
Zombie
M4 A2 D3 BP2 MP0
Wight
M6 A3 D3 BP3 MP3 - Wight Blade (D3 damage).
Mummy Tomb Lord
M6 A5 D6 BP5 MP4 - L0M Chill Touch.
Necromancer
M6 A1 D3 BP5 MP7 - L2M WoM spells.
Mercenaries: Skeletons, Mummies.
Grey
Chaos Warlock
M8 A3 D4 BP1 MP5 - L2M Six random chaos spells.
Chaos Sorcerer
M6 A4 D5 BP3 MP8 - L2M Two of each AtOH spells.
Chaos Warrior
M4 A3 D4 BP4 MP3
Gargoyle
M6 A4 D4 BP5 MP4
Mercenaries: Elven Warrior, Elven Archer.
Blue
Ogre Warrior
M6 A5 D5 BP5 MP1
High Mage
M6 A2 D2 BP5 MP8 - L2M WoM spells.
Storm Master
M6 A3 D2 BP5 MP6 - L2M WoM spells.
Mercenaries: Giant Wolf, Ogre Shaman (M6 A4 D4 BP3 MP3 L1M Three random chaos spells.)
I'll probably use random movement dice for these monsters with set movement for the imperial force (in the spirit of switching round). S is speed, 4 = roll one dice, 6 = the highest of two, 8 = two dice, 10 = the highest two of three, 12 = three dice. The standard enemies will be the men-at-arms with the additions of spearmen and bowmen, Elven spearmen and bowmen and Dwarven axemen and crossbowmen as the fodder. The basic idea will be to fight your way to the centre to retrieve some kind of artefact and get it back to where you started (a bit like a cross between Space Crusade gameplay and capture the flag). They'll also be some the heroes I've created with better versions (veterans, masters and legends) as you get closer to the centre. It will give me a chance to test them out and with these monster stats there's going to need to be quality hero level opposition.
From the chaos deck I've taken out the spells that have spells with the same name in other sets to avoid confusion, the ones the good guys can have and the spells that are in the element decks. The listed for the chaos warlock are what was left after I gave the vampire his three. Monsters will still defend with black shields and the good guys with white shields.
I'd like to use a city type board for this but I'm not sure what's possible in p-b-p. I could use the standard boards joined together like in the dark company if not. This could be a lot of fun. Here are the monsters. They might still need a bit of balancing, they're supposed to be roughly as effective as each other. Comments, suggestions, and especially players are very welcome. What do you think?
Green
Goblin Fanatic
M10 A6 D1 BP2 MP1 - At the start your turn roll a combat dice, skull = attack a the closest enemy, black shield = attack the closest target.
Fimir
M6 A3 D3 BP3 MP3
Orc Warlord
M8 A4 D4 BP5 MP3 - Can attack with two melee weapons in the same turn without penalty and can attack before and after moving.
Orc Shaman
M8 A2 D2 BP5 MP7 - L2M WoM spells.
Mercenaries: Goblins, Orcs.
White
Zombie
M4 A2 D3 BP2 MP0
Wight
M6 A3 D3 BP3 MP3 - Wight Blade (D3 damage).
Mummy Tomb Lord
M6 A5 D6 BP5 MP4 - L0M Chill Touch.
Necromancer
M6 A1 D3 BP5 MP7 - L2M WoM spells.
Mercenaries: Skeletons, Mummies.
Grey
Chaos Warlock
M8 A3 D4 BP1 MP5 - L2M Six random chaos spells.
Chaos Sorcerer
M6 A4 D5 BP3 MP8 - L2M Two of each AtOH spells.
Chaos Warrior
M4 A3 D4 BP4 MP3
Gargoyle
M6 A4 D4 BP5 MP4
Mercenaries: Elven Warrior, Elven Archer.
Blue
Ogre Warrior
M6 A5 D5 BP5 MP1
High Mage
M6 A2 D2 BP5 MP8 - L2M WoM spells.
Storm Master
M6 A3 D2 BP5 MP6 - L2M WoM spells.
Mercenaries: Giant Wolf, Ogre Shaman (M6 A4 D4 BP3 MP3 L1M Three random chaos spells.)