• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ken's Saturday Day Dungeon

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

Re: Rescue of Sir Ragnar

Postby ken » October 30th, 2010, 4:44 am

I sprayed some with an Acrylic based automotive primer, then used standard Humbrol type enamel. They have dried ok. I will get some water based acrylic paints for Puck to use, then see how they go, over the primer. :mrgreen:

here is a link to some more pictures, https://cid-c82136c3a7f17a50.photos.liv ... aspx/Album
Last edited by ken on November 6th, 2010, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » October 31st, 2010, 6:50 pm

i think you found Sir Ragnars next quest! retrieving the spirit blade from an ogre over tyrant in command of an orc horde.
stealth and wits will be a must within a ram-shackled fortress and who knows what else might be lurking amongst the greenskin host!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ken » November 4th, 2010, 9:57 am

Baylor_OgreBane wrote:i think you found Sir Ragnars next quest! retrieving the spirit blade from an ogre over tyrant in command of an orc horde.
stealth and wits will be a must within a ram-shackled fortress and who knows what else might be lurking amongst the greenskin host!

Send us your plan, B_OB, and we will play it. :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ken's Saturday Day Dungeon

Postby ken » November 20th, 2010, 7:19 pm

OK after a little painting, we got down to the serious business. Started with Pucks Quest, don't forget he is 10 years old! Velmour the Bad Wizard has captured Frogmore the Good Wizard.The King is Very Upset! He will give 100 gold for the Heroes to find the Good Wizard, and bring him back. I went in with Bar-dun, the Dragonslayer, Saracen, S-Goblin, (Pucks Good Goblin, him with the Pennant), and the Dwarf. Bar-dun, searching for Treasure, brings up a Wandering monster card, this turns out to be a fearsome Blood-letter,
100_4439.jpg

After fighting through a veritable Bloodbath, poor old Bar-dun succumbs to an Orc Bowman, and we stop for a snack.
100_4441.jpg

The Good Wizard is rescued by the other three Heroes, but they suffer greatly at the hands of too many wandering monsters. We then moved on to the sequel of the Rescue of Sir Ragnar. Now he is fully recovered, he wants his revenge, and Puck goes in with Sir Ragnar, S-Goblin, Saracen, and a Dwarf. The Heroes have to first fight their way into the Citadel where Sir R was held, then the next Quest leads to the Tower where he was held. This time, Saracen bites the dust first, the S-Goblin, and then the Dwarf. As fitting, only Sir Ragnar is left at the door into the Citadel. Pictured are the last minutes of the Saracen.
100_4443.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ken on January 12th, 2011, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » November 22nd, 2010, 4:36 pm

ken wrote:I sprayed some with an Acrylic based automotive primer, then used standard Humbrol type enamel. They have dried ok. I will get some water based acrylic paints for Puck to use, then see how they go, over the primer. :mrgreen:

here is a link to some more pictures, https://cid-c82136c3a7f17a50.photos.liv ... aspx/Album

Busy on Sat. morning, painting Pucks Army. Pictures uploaded to the above link today :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » December 4th, 2010, 2:55 pm

Puck is here today. Just played one of his convoluted quests, every room on the board!! Called "Church ofthe Undead" . My new Hero Wallace the Wookie leads from the front, unfortunately rouses a Wandering Monster
wallace 1.jpg

Moving swiftly on, Elf plays a Fires of Wrath, & slays a Mummy, Bar-Dun the Dragon Slayer looks on.
wallace2.jpg

Wallace attacks a bevy of Undead, Saracen is in the pit!
wallace3.jpg

Wallace climbs out from a Pit, attacks a Skel. and misses.
wallace4.jpg

Elf goes down in a pool of blood, others struggle on.
wallace5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » December 6th, 2010, 4:12 am

Big family reunion this weekend, Puck here too, so got them all playing one of his quests with his new army of monsters. Have a look at the link to his army on this topic. :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » December 23rd, 2010, 4:58 pm

Just finished a mammouth session with Puck, 3 quests, two of his, one of mine. All his new Army in play, he brought down Wallace the Wookie, with a host of Ogres.
wallace.jpg

whilst searching for 5 special diamonds. Still, I got them all, one by one, with my remaining crew.
Next was my turn as DM with an Undead quest. Pucks crew were searching for Scrofulous, the Wight. Interesting beasts, are Wights, hoovering up body points when they score off Heroes.
puck.jpg

Puck has 2 new Heroes, a Death Man, and a Minatour Slayer. Death to the right, Min to the left, of the attached picture. Don't ask me to explain a ten year olds mind! Scrof. had the Necromancer spells, so a tight finish, but he went down in the end. Lovely lunch for Puck, Marmite Sangers, fruit cake & olives, in no particular order. :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » February 15th, 2011, 5:42 am

RIP Sir Ragnar. We played the 2nd quest in my Sir Ragnar series. Impetuous Puck rushed Sir Ragnar into a room filled with Orcs, without back up from the other Heroes. Sadly, Sir Ragnar went down, and is no more. So, what do we do? Bring him back from the dead, for the next quest, or replace him with another Knight. I favour this alternative, with Puck having Sir Ragnars’ ashes in a Burial Urn, to remind him of his folly. RIP Sir Ragnar
death of sir ragnar.jpg

:mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mo123813 » February 15th, 2011, 2:17 pm

Nice board
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext