• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

..and the quest begins!

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

Re: ..and the quest begins!

Postby el_flesh » December 1st, 2013, 1:24 am

KOOL!

As always, I recommend you to paint your minis! even the furniture! It makes the game so much more real than it already is! Great wall you made in front of Verag!

Not only do I also love that ashtray, I should like to know what is in the square bottle! haha...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sotiris » December 1st, 2013, 5:14 am

tasoe wrote:I have to reveal to all Inn members that Sotiris has never invited my to his home for a Quest!
Maybe it's because I'm a nudist, and I always get excited when I play HeroQuest as a hero.

Oh no my friend, i wish you were the 7th player but you know all the quests!! :| You would spoil'em all!

el_flesh wrote:I recommend you to paint your minis!

Next time i'll use the painted ones! |_P
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » December 6th, 2013, 9:18 am

Quest 3: Lair of the orc warlord
The fellowship entered Ulag's stronghold this time to revenge for Sir-Ragnar's capture. Upgrades: Luminette (blue-based elf) bought a short-sword, Brainless (barbarian) & Barbarossa (white-based dwarf) bought helmets. It was a balanced quest, although played by 6 heroes, thanks to morcar tokens and the "search for" houserules.

My tokens kept strong my monsters and i was so close to kill Brainless (barbarian) and Vanyar (wizard)... :evil:
All heroes completed successfully their 3rd task and they became champions. Now they can choose a painted figure for their hero to continue their quests!

A change on wandering monsters which encourages the split of a team: when a hero draws a wm card i place 1 wm (instead of 2) and I gain tokens=visible heroes. Also the treasure deck is not shuffled before every search (the only exception is the "nothing" card which is a special card for my games) and the negative cards are returned to the bottom of the deck as the card text refers. By not shuffling the cards, game runs faster and the "treasure horde" spell from "detection spells" makes more sense now.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » December 6th, 2013, 9:30 am

ups..i can't find how to upload images (not attachments) :smack:
http://s946.photobucket.com/user/sotiri ... sort=3&o=2

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » December 6th, 2013, 11:07 am

Wow, you have a HeroQuest sweater. Awesome. What music or sound effects do you play from those cute little speakers there?
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sotiris » December 6th, 2013, 11:35 am

Epic soundtracks from movies&games mainly and some parts or whole albums from bands/artists (Bal-Sagoth, Glenn Danzig's Black Aria I & II, some Blind Guardian speeches&effects from "Nightfall in middle-earth" album, some Bathory's intros, Therion, Dead can dance..)

I printed this T-shirt a couple of months ago.
back.jpg

Always loved the KK artwork!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » January 9th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Quest 4: Prince Magnus' gold

I finally let them all choose a painted figure despite there were some non-champion heroes yet in the party.
Heroes:
1) "Barbarossa" (Dwarf Champion, Slayer) B:7 M:3 A:3 D:3 Xp:0 S(skills): - Items: Broadsword, Helmet, Potion of healing
2) "Luminette" (Elf Champion, Cleric) B:5 M:5 A:2 D:2 Xp:0 S: Fire spells, Protection spells Items: Short sword, Defense potion, 5 gold coins (she's the cashier of the party)
3) "Louthien" (Elf hero, Ranger) B:6 M:4 A:1/3 D:2 S: - Items: Crossbow
4) New player and new to heroquest, Spyros, Louthien's friend: "Elric" (Melnibonean hero, Summoner) B:5 M:5 A:1 D:2 S: Air Spells, Water spells Items: Staff
..and later during the quest our 5th player arrived (he lost dungeon's entrance :lol: ):
5) "The Brainless" (Human Champion, Barbarian) B:8 M:2 A:3 D:3 Xp:0 S: - Items: Broadsword, Helmet

Kill and search for the first rooms was an easy job with lucky treasure drops but here Barbarossa pulled a WM card after a corridor search. WM appears and attacks from your back when you are searching, so here Fimir splits Barbarossa from the rest heroes (with less than 5 heroes i don't gain extra tokens when a WM card is pulled)
Barbarossa rushed to open the door but searched the table instead of attack. He found a heroic brew which he used on the next turn to slaughter the orcs!
Orcs and Fimirs were too tough for Elric, the new member who helped the party as he could by hitting diagonally with his staff and casting spells, despite of his..chaos nature!
In this photo, he's on the air, trying to jump the dangerous tile they found..but he failed and lost another 1 B.p.
Everything is explored till now, many potions have been drunk and Brainless finally found the entrance and moved quickly to join the party. Barbarossa couldn't wait another turn for Brainless who almost arrived and opened the central room's door..
Luminette casts Courage on Louthien and her Crossbow starts to kill the enemies one by one! Goulthor got in trouble with Elric's tempest and the thieves finally died after a couple turns.
Heroes:
"Barbarossa" (Dwarf Champion, Slayer) B:7 M:3 A:3 D:3 Xp:1 S: - Items: Broadsword, Helmet, Potion of healing (Quests:4)
"Luminette" (Elf Champion, Cleric) B:5 M:5 A:2 D:2 Xp:1 S:2 spell groups Items: Short sword, 345 gold coins (Quests:4)
"Louthien" (Elf Champion, Ranger) B:6 M:4 A:1/3 D:2 Xp:1 S: - Items: Crossbow (Quests:3)
"Elric" (Melnibonean hero, Summoner) B:5 M:5 A:1 D:2 S:2 spell groups Items: Staff (Quests:1)
"The Brainless" (Human Champion, Barbarian) B:8 M:2 A:3 D:3 Xp:1 S: - Items: Broadsword, Helmet (Quests:4)
"The Chained" (Dwarf Champion, Explorer) B:7 M:3 A:3 D:2 Xp:0 S:Disarm traps Items: Broadsword (Quests:3)
"Vanyar" (Human Champion, Wizard) B:3 M:7 A:1 D:2 Xp:0 S:3 spell groups Items: Dagger, Staff (Quests:3)
Morcar:
Rounds:9 (every 10 rounds i gain 1 token and reset rounds to 0), Tokens:0 (Kills:0) :(

Despite of running one of my least favourite quests, we absolutely enjoyed that night! Everyone looks forward to the next dungeon where they have to confront undead creatures for their first time (because they avoided the undead section in Trial quest).

MVP: Barbarossa!
Last edited by Sotiris on January 9th, 2014, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » January 9th, 2014, 1:27 pm

yeah, don't move images in photobucket after posting them :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sotiris » January 9th, 2014, 2:44 pm

I'm a noob! :D
Uploaded again and fixed! Enjoy'em!

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby GimmeYerGold » August 17th, 2016, 4:32 pm

I'm catching up on these unread posts and this was a treasure of a read, Sotiris!

You run a good game :D

I had a question from your photos: what do you use the grey punch-out door pieces to represent?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!