• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ring of Brilliance - Dark Company Advanced Quest

Discuss the Dark Company Advanced Quest from the Advanced/Master Game Systems

Re: Ring of Brilliance - Dark Company Advanced Quest

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 10:05 pm

I now have five systems worth of boards and furniture. I could actually have it as one complete mega quest. It would actually bring the difficulty down as the monsters wouldn't be reset. However, I don't have a table big enough for four boards, plus table space for myself and heroes.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 08:53pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 10:06 pm

I've got the table. Inherited my grandma's old ping-pong table that can be used as too stand alone halves or one whole. Why couldn't you reset the monsters? Every time they cross into the next board, reset the monsters. Might even make it harder if you make the monsters able to move to the next board.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 09:02pm
Rosemary baby, I got the thyme
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 10:07 pm

reset and move to the next board you say. Now that pushes the difficulty higher. Also allows the heroes to go off on their own if'n they're foolish enough. Although I'm sure any heroes who make it to the DC have learned their lessons ten fold by then.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 09:08pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 10:08 pm

or is constantly dying, 'cause they can't take the freakin' hint :)

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 09:31pm

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 10:09 pm

I usually weed those types out in the Maze and Trial.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 09:39pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 10:09 pm

I think that it took my gaming group several tries before they truly learned that there is no "I" in TEAM!

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 09:53pm

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 10:10 pm

Nope, but if you like anagrams, then there is MEAT. As in DEAD MEAT!

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 09:57pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 10:11 pm

I played with a group of guys once that couldn't figure out that you need to stick together. well really only one of the guys couldn't. I could go on for days about him, but I'll spare you the torment. Anyway, he was playing a cleric that kept charging off on his own barging into rooms full of monsters. He never died, but had to use all of his healing potions on himself, and the Battlemage had to waste all of his healing potions on him to keep him around. Finally in the third quest we played, they said screw him and let him die. I can say one thing. At least he kept in character!

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Wednesday January 16th, 2008 01:19pm
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 10:11 pm

I had a game once where a player wasn't well liked by the other heroes (or myself). They asked if they were allowed to attack other heroes. I said, "I don't see why not, but I also don't see the advantage of it either."

So they killed the one hero, robbed him of his equipment and continued the quest.

I was impressed.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Wednesday January 16th, 2008 04:22pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 10:12 pm

thats pretty awesome!

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Wednesday January 16th, 2008 05:30pm
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to The Dark Company