• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ring of Brilliance - Dark Company Advanced Quest

Discuss the Dark Company Advanced Quest from the Advanced/Master Game Systems

Ring of Brilliance - Dark Company Advanced Quest

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 9:54 pm

What are your ideas on what the Ring of Brilliance does?

In my edition of Dark Company I had the ring add one Mind Point to the wearer's total.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Friday April 27th, 2007 01:01pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ring of Brilliance - Dark Company Advanced Quest

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 9:55 pm

Which is essentially the "Talisman of Lore" all over again.

In my version, I've decided to allow the player's to pick what the Ring of Brilliance does. The player's decide whether they want +1 to their Attack, Defend, Body or Mind and Mentor imbues the ring with that ability. The ring & the Hero essentially become one and the power becomes non-transferable. (So if a Hero dies, the new Hero doesn't automatically get the new power).

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday January 14th, 2008 09:12pm

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 9:56 pm

Yes, I recall reading a topic over at Old Scratch's where you mentioned that (may have also been in one of your recent PDFs. My memory isn't the greatest). I thought it was a brilliant idea. If not for the Ring of Brilliance, than for another artifact to be created later. I realise my idea was just the talisman all over again, but since it had brilliance in the name I figured the mind was involved. Mind points also become important in the later quest packs so preserving them would be ideal. Although the Dark Company is very difficult to venture and is should probably be played beyond even the Elf and Barbarian Packs (if using North American Rules).

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday January 14th, 2008 09:44pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 9:57 pm

What I understand from everything I've read, the Dark Company should be the last quest pack played, given its extra difficulty as well as the use of multiple boards.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 12:43am
Rosemary baby, I got the thyme
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 9:58 pm

My belief is that Dark Company should be played "Last" as far as the Official Quests/Quest Packs are concerned; as it is quite difficult (especially if you convert it to US rules). I also believe that it is a good spring-board for my Quest Packs (as they too, can be quite difficult). IMVHO. :)

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 08:49am

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 10:01 pm

I hope I get to play through your quest packs. They sound like fun. I've yet to look through them, just in case we do get the chance. Nicodemus' quest packs look pretty difficult as well. I suppose they should be played after the Dark Company.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 11:04am
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 10:02 pm

Double posting, we're really trying to get those post counts up now! :D

The Dark Company doesn't actually use four boards. Just one. Once all the Heroes exit the board to a new section, the board is cleared and the new section is started. If they go back to a previous section, than it is reset, save for the treasure. All monsters return.

It is very difficult indeed with North American rules. I've had two games of DC, one was ended short due to time, the other due to a ring of return. The Heroes were stuck in the middle of the quest and ran out of healing spells and items. I would probably a good idea to create a shop with healing potions for them to purchase before this quest if using NA rules. The single black shield blocks all skulls rule for DC warriors and Chaos warriors is brutal!

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 12:11pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 10:02 pm

Oops! Didn't mean to double-post, sorry.

But, yes, the 1 Black Shield rule will be virtually impossible to beat. [laughing maniacally]I can't wait[/laughing maniacally]

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 12:28pm

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 10:03 pm

No worries, I know how computers and Internet lag can be.

I'll save some cash so I can be there when zep finally plays it!

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 12:50pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 10:04 pm

I know you are supposed to reset the board, but I believe i read how someone used 4 boards to keep from having to clear everything each time that happened, and so that they could keep everything going if one hero stepped to a different board and the others didn't. Of course that person also probably had 4 complete sets in order to have enough furniture and monsters.

It'd be awesome if you could come down, drathe, if I am even able to make it down for the Dark Company!

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 08:35pm
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Next

Return to The Dark Company