Page 3 of 3

Re: Polar Warbear double attack

PostPosted: Wednesday March 13th, 2019 10:27pm
by mitchiemasha
2015! a big step back in time.

knightkrawler wrote:Because you consider the PWB rule to overrule the game system's instruction manual?

Yes... Always but I retracted my original comment.

I'm loving the idea of choosing to block the 1st or the 2nd. and yes... as written, the first Hit would auto trigger defence. BUT! How rare would the Polar Bear miss?

Re: Polar Warbear double attack

PostPosted: Wednesday March 13th, 2019 10:38pm
by Count Mohawk
A Polar Warbear miss, with its 4 dice, will only happen 6% of the time.

Re: Polar Warbear double attack

PostPosted: Thursday March 14th, 2019 5:15am
by j_dean80
Commenting on The Admiral's statement...

I don't think the PWB gets to roll 8 dice in one attack. It pretty clearly states can perform 2 attacks. So it is 4 then 4 against one Hero or 4 then 4 against 2 Heroes.

I like the option of defending the first or second but remember the PWB doesn't have to tell who his 2nd attack is going after until he is going to roll it. The Hero won't know if it will also be aimed at him, so not really giving him that option to choose.

Re: Polar Warbear double attack

PostPosted: Thursday March 14th, 2019 5:25am
by Maurice76
Count Mohawk wrote:A Polar Warbear miss, with its 4 dice, will only happen 6% of the time.


To be precise (for the math lovers among us :P): each die has a chance of 50% to roll a Skull, 50% to roll something else. The chance to roll at least 1 Skull is equal to 100% minus the chance to roll no Skulls at all. With a chance of 50% (i.e. 0.5) for each die to come up with a "non-Skull", the chance of two dice equals 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.25 to yield no Skull. For three dice, that's 0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.125 and for four, the result is 0.0625. Or as Count Mohawk stated, 6.25% chance that the Polar Warbear rolls no Skulls at all during its attack an as such, 93.75% chance to roll at least 1 Skull.

Re: Polar Warbear double attack

PostPosted: Thursday March 14th, 2019 9:32am
by arch8ngel
Maurice76 wrote:
Count Mohawk wrote:A Polar Warbear miss, with its 4 dice, will only happen 6% of the time.


To be precise (for the math lovers among us :P): each die has a chance of 50% to roll a Skull, 50% to roll something else. The chance to roll at least 1 Skull is equal to 100% minus the chance to roll no Skulls at all. With a chance of 50% (i.e. 0.5) for each die to come up with a "non-Skull", the chance of two dice equals 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.25 to yield no Skull. For three dice, that's 0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.125 and for four, the result is 0.0625. Or as Count Mohawk stated, 6.25% chance that the Polar Warbear rolls no Skulls at all during its attack an as such, 93.75% chance to roll at least 1 Skull.


They were definitely feeling a bit sadistic when they cooked up the Rule Clarification that goes along with that one.

Especially coupled with the 6 body points.

Good thing healing potions are auto-consumed and don't require actions!

Re: Polar Warbear double attack

PostPosted: Tuesday November 30th, 2021 12:21am
by Daedalus
This thread gives me an idea for an artifact:

Guardian Shield

:whiteshield:

This lightweight Shield recovers
lightning-fast. Each attack from a
monster with multiple attacks
may be defended normally. May
not be used with the Battle Axe
or the Staff. May not be used
by the Wizard.