• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

SKAVEN QUEST PACK

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: SKAVEN QUEST PACK

Postby Big Bene » Saturday March 12th, 2011 8:22am

Hm...
I don't know. This way the skaven are too sympathetic, I think (just as the rats of NIMH clearly are).
Make them GW skaven - dump monsters which are fun to kill. The Players / the piper will have to kill skaven in your setting, and killing your NIMH skaven will give them bad feelings...
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby gravaillon » Saturday March 12th, 2011 9:57am

perhaps it could be in war. the skaven nimh like and the GW skavens. So perhaps, the skaven nimh can become the allies of the heroes.

I've just bought a Beastmen miniatures box set from GW, 10 for 20 Euros... So I will certainly include them too with the skaven... They look like humans mutants too and it could make the quest pack more various too.
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Ethica » Sunday March 13th, 2011 6:39am

You have to have a nice rat ogre in there too.

How about when they think they've killed the piper he transforms into a rat ogre and they have to beat him again?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby gravaillon » Sunday March 13th, 2011 7:43am

Very good idea ! But, I must buy the rat ogre miniature :(
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » Monday March 14th, 2011 4:55pm

gravaillon wrote:perhaps it could be in war. the skaven nimh like and the GW skavens. So perhaps, the skaven nimh can become the allies of the heroes.

Could be a good solution of this problem, and could also solve the other problem that Ethica pointet out, all in one go:

The piper was kidnapped by the NIMH scaven, who wanted to keep him in control, as he is dangerous to them, too, but didn't want to kill him as they are creatures with a moral code, or searching for a moral code of their own, wanting not to loose the "humanity" they got (or, not to loose their "animality", considering murder an typical human act).
Or, to make things less brainy, they just want to be accepted by the "good" races and don't want to trouble the dipolytic relations to come by killing off the piper. So it's clear why the piper is held captive alive, although the heroes might wonder and find out only later. It also explains why the piper is in an completely other dungeon then the flute - he's kidnapped by a different tribe of scaven.
In the quest for rescuing the piper, the heroes could find some hints that something is strange about these scaven. You would, however have to find a reason why they don't negotiate with the heroes from the start. Simplest would be that they don't speak the human language. This would however make it very difficult to use their dramatic potential later...
Perhaps the heroes can fight their way to the inner dungeon where the piper is held, and met an old skaven sage there who can speak the human tongue. He explains the troubles of the "NIMH"-skaven, and they can become allies in a later quest.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby gravaillon » Tuesday March 15th, 2011 2:07am

http://www.lecharmeurderats.com/2008/08/le-charmeur-de-rats-page-12_20.html

Just a blog where you can find a webcomic on the piper from hamelin made by a fan... Very good job ! take a look ! :shock:
Last edited by gravaillon on Tuesday March 15th, 2011 9:35am, edited 1 time in total.
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » Tuesday March 15th, 2011 7:26am

Can't see the picture... :(

Edit:
Thanks, it works now. The pictures look great, but I must admid my French is tres mal, so I can't really enjoy it...
Last edited by Big Bene on Tuesday March 15th, 2011 1:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby gravaillon » Tuesday March 15th, 2011 9:28am

Some photos of the miniatures that can be used in this quest pack... I've just finished to paint them. ;)

White skavens for the "NIMH" Skavens

Skavens standard

A beast man (work in progress) I like them so much !!!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by gravaillon on Tuesday March 15th, 2011 1:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby gravaillon » Tuesday March 15th, 2011 1:48pm

I don't know how to include the beastmen... But I want them !
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » Wednesday March 16th, 2011 7:09am

Yes, they look nice.
Did you already start to make the Questbook?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild