• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest lost Quest Packs: Wizard and Dwarf Quest Pack

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: HeroQuest's lost Quest Packs: Wizard and Dwarf Quest Pac

Postby lestodante » March 12th, 2022, 1:57 pm

:roll: not sure what he was referring to but, it can be!

tweet tomes.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lucapaschi » March 12th, 2022, 2:44 pm

Nah, I just think it's one of the random jokes he's throwing from time to time... :D
lucapaschi

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » March 12th, 2022, 6:46 pm

Zargon seems to be afraid and nervous... now he suspects the Wizard will be enough powerful to defeat him :-)

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Fullork345 » March 19th, 2022, 6:46 am

lucapaschi wrote:One could argue it's not easy to crash sales of a product that has never been published... :) We don't even know if they're going to make it, and they definitely don't have the material to produce it anymore as it was intended (the 4 ups, just to name one). I would still be curious enough to buy a new one if they made it. But yeah, Hasbro's lawyer might feel different about this!
hasbro allows free fan stuff, but if their lawyers did get involved it wouldnt go well, they can tie people up in court fees before trial. I doubt itll go that far though. Unless you were selling it and it turned out theh also had the drafts.
Fullork345

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lucapaschi » March 19th, 2022, 5:18 pm

Fullork345 wrote:
lucapaschi wrote:One could argue it's not easy to crash sales of a product that has never been published... :) We don't even know if they're going to make it, and they definitely don't have the material to produce it anymore as it was intended (the 4 ups, just to name one). I would still be curious enough to buy a new one if they made it. But yeah, Hasbro's lawyer might feel different about this!
hasbro allows free fan stuff, but if their lawyers did get involved it wouldnt go well, they can tie people up in court fees before trial. I doubt itll go that far though. Unless you were selling it and it turned out theh also had the drafts.

We'll have to wait and see... For now, it's just been a money pit and we're doing all of it for free. What we'll realease will either be free or be priced at covering the costs, tooling and printing, no extra money.
Then again, I think it could be a resource for Hasbro rather than an obstacle. :)
lucapaschi

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » April 24th, 2022, 2:23 pm

Imagine if they offered to buy it all off of us (an offer unable to be refused) and gathered back the rights so they could put their own release out? Then again I wouldn't bank on anything, other than we don't want to step on their toes. If the STLs for the models were out there and the pdfs for the documents and let people print their own or just read it for historical and non-commercial entertainment purposes, surely it wouldn't be a big deal until some enterprising soul decides to print it up and start selling it online (sadly we've seen it done to our own homebrews on Ye Olde Inn)... drawing the ire of lawyers... :P

Now if they knew about it and gave it their blessing somehow, that would be really cool. So I hope whatever happens this little project doesn't get crushed before its time! If it inspires Hasbro to release the "real thing" and this fades into obscurity (except to a few nerd historians like us) that wouldn't necessarily be the worst thing in the world. Even so it would have the remake flare instead of the original "classic" style to it, such as it might have been in '93/'94. The info alone is a gold mine... any homebrewer with the original sets could easily re-recreate it on their own for private use.

I'm not a legal expert myself, but if the rights to the unreleased packs lapsed back to the writers and they gave it away meaning they gave up their rights to it, would it become public domain? I wish I knew...

For all we know Avalon Hill will be given the green light to release a brand new Wizard and Dwarf pack that have nothing to do with the old ones except in the most general of coincidental ways and the main customer base will be none the wiser. If the Frozen Horror is a commercial success, it seems a foregone conclusion that this will be the eventual plan anyway.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lucapaschi » April 24th, 2022, 3:18 pm

We’ll see. I think it might not be a coincidence that the name featured on the new box doesn’t have “barbarian” in it. I think they might have made a slight redesign as to make it a generic and non class-specific pack. Maybe they knew they couldn’t deliver one pack for each hero, or that it would make more sense to release something different altogether.
lucapaschi

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » April 24th, 2022, 5:18 pm

But they included a female Barbarian too...

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lucapaschi » April 24th, 2022, 5:20 pm

Might be just because it fits the storyline, but if you change the first three quests, it's a generic pack for the whole gang.
lucapaschi

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » April 24th, 2022, 5:57 pm

I bet the remake's BQP will have exactly the same storyline and quests configuration as the original. I would be really surprised if they changed something after seeing what they have already released up to now.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild