• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[WIP]The Faceless Sorcerer - a solo questpack

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: [WIP]The Faceless Sorcerer - a solo questpack

Postby Lemmeron » November 5th, 2020, 5:47 pm

I like your work so far. Great cards and the quests sound interesting too.

You must roll your current Body Points score or less on two movement dice or you will lose one Body Point. If you fail, roll again the dice, until you can break the chain or die horribly!

This currently would spell almost certain death for a full health wizard let alone an injured one... To balance things out perhaps allow it to include mind points some how...

Either because the wizard has the mental capacity to remain calm and recall an ancient scroll he once read regarding such an amulet... And if you press here just right....

So either "you must roll under the sum of your current mind and body points on 2 red movement dice"

Or perhaps adding "before rolling for any attempt you may spend mind points to reduce the result of the dice roll by the number of mind points spent"

Also currently each fail means it is more likely to fail again... So if you miss 1 or 2 attempts odds increase it will kill a character out right - thematically it makes sense... But I question the fun of such a mechanic. The mind point spending fixes both problems, but it comes down to just how deadly you want it to be....

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » November 5th, 2020, 6:43 pm

Yes, the more you fail the lower the possibilities to roll the correct amount on the dice because BPs will decrease by one each time, so you have less chances; it is supposed the character becomes weaker by losing more body points so also is strenght to break the chain is reduced.
I know it's an infamous thing :twisted: but this one was taken from the original Dungeonquest game (Catacombs expansion) where you had to roll your STRENGHT value (or lower) on a d20 and Azoth has only 1 as strenght value while the strongest character has a value of 7. And if you fail the first roll you die instantly, while I am adding the chance to re-roll again and again until you success or die.
So it is very deadly! But I will consider to add the mind points too. I will do for sure if I will be able to fit all the text in the card. Also consider if the Wizard has found the Amulet of Luck he can reduce the score of 2 and Ring of Luck can also help.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » November 12th, 2020, 7:54 am

Will Azeroth be the villain of the quest, or is he a Hero Character that will join the party?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » November 12th, 2020, 1:28 pm

He is a Chaos Sorcerer in Warhammer, but also a neutral character in Dungeonquest where he only cares of his own, trying to satisfy his hunger for treasures.
In this quest he will fight for his freedom against an unknown enemy.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » November 13th, 2020, 6:30 am

lestodante wrote:He is a Chaos Sorcerer in Warhammer, but also a neutral character in Dungeonquest where he only cares of his own, trying to satisfy his hunger for treasures.
In this quest he will fight for his freedom against an unknown enemy.

That sounds excellent. Will it be a Solo quest, or is he joined by other Heroes and/or henchmen?
His figure arrived today. Very nice. Not an amazing paint job, but certainly better than I could ever do.
Last edited by The Admiral on November 13th, 2020, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » November 13th, 2020, 6:32 am

lestodante wrote:Yes, the more you fail the lower the possibilities to roll the correct amount on the dice because BPs will decrease by one each time, so you have less chances; it is supposed the character becomes weaker by losing more body points so also is strenght to break the chain is reduced.
I know it's an infamous thing :twisted: but this one was taken from the original Dungeonquest game (Catacombs expansion) where you had to roll your STRENGHT value (or lower) on a d20 and Azoth has only 1 as strenght value while the strongest character has a value of 7. And if you fail the first roll you die instantly, while I am adding the chance to re-roll again and again until you success or die.
So it is very deadly! But I will consider to add the mind points too. I will do for sure if I will be able to fit all the text in the card. Also consider if the Wizard has found the Amulet of Luck he can reduce the score of 2 and Ring of Luck can also help.

I don't like things that can take a Hero out very easily with nothing they can do about it, but now I know this spell will be used against the bad guys I think it's great!

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 13th, 2020, 4:42 pm

Let me know if you want to have the monsters calculated, somehow the Questimator has become hungry in the last few days.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » November 14th, 2020, 10:19 am

It will be a solo quest but the Sorcerer can take control of one monster by using Eyes of Doom spell and control it as a second character. When he meet a stronger monster he may try to take the new one under his control, freeing the previous one (which will become an enemy again) and trying to control the bigger one. So he can take a Goblin or even an Ogre as an ally.
@Anderas there are some random events that may change the difficulty level, also the monster you are in control can fool the questimator stats.

Also, here is a generic amulet card plus Amulet of Death and Levitation (same image for all the amulets)

amulets1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » November 14th, 2020, 7:00 pm

lestodante wrote:It will be a solo quest but the Sorcerer can take control of one monster by using Eyes of Doom spell and control it as a second character. When he meet a stronger monster he may try to take the new one under his control, freeing the previous one (which will become an enemy again) and trying to control the bigger one. So he can take a Goblin or even an Ogre as an ally.

Sounds very interesting. How many quests?

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 15th, 2020, 11:34 am

@Anderas there are some random events that may change the difficulty level, also the monster you are in control can fool the questimator stats

'Ts getting interesting! 8-)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Adventurer's Guild