Page 1 of 2

The Goblin's Hive

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2020, 2:51 pm
by Anderas
I was debugging my heroscribe xml reader today.
It takes heroscribe files and outputs lots of little statistics, plus a questimation.

I just wanted to test certain functions, so I distributed some rooms and monsters around. Turns out, it is actually a balanced quest for a group with 4 dice equipment.

This posting is best viewed if you have installed the fonts HQModern, Gaze and Heroquest.

Image

Q11 wrote:
A Quest for a group with 4-Dice-Equipment and a potion of healing or a mercenary
The Goblin's Hive
Some rebellious Goblins have declared their independency from the Orcs of the Black Mountains. Now they are outcast and start to rob merchants in the woods.
Solve this problem and I'll pay 100 Gold coins to every member of this group.



Notes:
A:
B: One of these Goblins is a minor shaman and can cast each of the four chaos spells attached to this quest one time. This shaman is indistinguishable from all the other Goblins and will always be the 3rd-to-last Goblin slain in this room
C:
D: If the Heroes have lost artifacts in a previous quest, they can find one here. Otherwise, the first hero to search for treasure adjacent to the chest will find two heroic brews.
E:
F: The Falling Rock Trap triggers when the first model slides underneath. It does not harm that hero, but just blocks the way. If another hero slides down the ice slide, he can get back up the slope by rolling as many white dice as he has BP, and rolling at least one black die. The wizard can melt the ice slide by discarding any one fire spell. Tell the heroes this when someone tries to disarm the ice slide.
G: The chest contains one Potion of Healing (4 BP). It can be searched when standing adjacent to it. The Axe trap triggers either when all the axe squares are full of hero models, or when the chest has been searched.

Wandering Monster: 3 Goblins



Image
Image
Image
Image

Anybody in for some funny quest notes here and there? :D

Re: The Goblin's Hive

PostPosted: February 24th, 2020, 1:22 pm
by torilen
Holy freakin' crap that's a lot of goblins. Like it it. :mrgreen:

On a side note - is it possible to get a copy of that questimation thing?

Re: The Goblin's Hive

PostPosted: February 24th, 2020, 3:52 pm
by Anderas
currently I am trying to make it simple enough to use it with a command line interface.
Then I need help to publish it somewhere online :(

Re: The Goblin's Hive

PostPosted: February 24th, 2020, 6:41 pm
by torilen
Anderas - I sent you a PM.

Re: The Goblin's Hive

PostPosted: February 25th, 2020, 3:26 pm
by cornixt
I don't think I have enough 5x6 rooms to build this layout.

Re: The Goblin's Hive

PostPosted: February 25th, 2020, 6:05 pm
by lestodante
I think room A and C need to be fixed. If you put the entrance door in that way, heroes enter in a standard room and will see the door that leads to the Skull room in the middle of an adiacent room.
Room B and D are ok instead.

Re: The Goblin's Hive

PostPosted: February 26th, 2020, 1:56 am
by Anderas
cornixt wrote:I don't think I have enough 5x6 rooms to build this layout.

Me neither. I shall make a printable png :-)
Or you use the one of Sajungzak.
I don't have the link anymore so I uploaded it to imgur
Image


lestodante wrote:I think room A and C need to be fixed. If you put the entrance door in that way, heroes enter in a standard room and will see the door that leads to the Skull room in the middle of an adiacent room.
Room B and D are ok instead.


They can enter the room both ways, yes that's true.
One solution could be to place those two rooms at the start of the game..

Now I am thinking how to solve this. Fill up the room with rubble until they open the doors?

Re: The Goblin's Hive

PostPosted: February 26th, 2020, 2:44 pm
by lestodante
I meant... check the Darf position on the map.
He should not be able to walk over shaded areas because they represent the Skull room.
Also... what version of heroscribe did you use? your maps are coored differnt from mine, even if I use a US layout.

gobbb.png

Re: The Goblin's Hive

PostPosted: February 26th, 2020, 3:57 pm
by Anderas
Heroscribe 1.6 from Stratos' Signature.

I can't remember right now if or when I played with the color of the shades. It's possible that I did it myself in the setting file.

Re: The Goblin's Hive

PostPosted: February 26th, 2020, 5:00 pm
by The Admiral
That's alot of goblins!