• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Tyrant's Tomb - a solo quest pack

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: The Tyrant's Tomb - a solo quest pack

Postby lestodante » May 21st, 2022, 1:16 pm

Yeah, good job! Thanks!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Pancho » May 21st, 2022, 6:19 pm

Hi Lowery, thanks very much for this.
I like it a lot. This tile is crucial for the pack and it’s kind of stalled without it.
The only thing I would say is it possible to make it a bit darker? In some quests the Hero reaches the coast at night and in another it portrays an underground lake below a cavern. Particularly the boat looks a bit too bright to me.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Lowery_79 » May 22nd, 2022, 9:45 am

Thanks for that info Pancho. I can defiantly try and make those adjustments. I have not had a chance to look that closely to find that out.
Lowery_79

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Pancho » May 22nd, 2022, 3:45 pm

Lowery_79 wrote:Thanks for that info Pancho. I can defiantly try and make those adjustments. I have not had a chance to look that closely to find that out.

Thanks, let us know how’s you get on |_P

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Re: Playtest Quest 10: In the Night Season

Postby lestodante » June 18th, 2022, 12:54 pm

Quoted from viewtopic.php?f=149&t=5045&hilit=woe&start=220#p102111

Pancho wrote:
lestodante wrote:
wallydubbs wrote:So this quest was quite perilous... I actually experienced a TPK here. I attribute this to my decision of splitting up the heroes.

As Pancho sayd before this is a questpack intended for expert players, so the Heroes should co-operate together to progress in the quest, avoiding mistakes and to rush headlong into rooms they didn't explored with accuracy.
Splitting the Heroes here was surely a penalty. :(

To be fair this quest forces the Heroes to split up into pairs early on due to the fog rule. I think the key factor for the TPK was probably that the Hero group was not as powerful as it it could be at this stage of the pack. That, and the bad luck with the Wandering Monsters.

I’m guessing Wallydubs will not like the fact that quest 10 gets played without spell and health recovery from quest 11 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lot of artifacts are found in this Quest Pack but maybe we could feature some more helpful stuff for the Heroes.
My suggestion is to add 1 new spell for each elemental spells set. We can make the Wizard still own only 3 cards for each set but selecting them from a group of 4 spells for each element. Maybe this can happen after the Wand of Galimatias is found. They must be brand new spells that are not featured in any other questpack we are already working on ;)
Then maybe 4 new treasure cards to be found would also be nice and will be a plus for this questpack: 1 new trap and 3 useful items or potions. One in particular can be some "curse cancelling item" to be found in one of the last Quests to get rid of the Cursed Sword once and for all. Magical items like the Elven Cloak of Passage are found in the treasure deck from the EQP, or we can add new Spell Scrolls in the treasure deck too so they will be usable by anyone who will find them and completely discarded after their use (so one single use for the whole questpack).
Also, I noticed there is no mention about throwing the Skullcleaver axe, will it be lost or can it be recovered or can't it be thrown at all?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pancho » June 19th, 2022, 9:45 am

Hi Dante,
one of my design aims was to limit the amount of stuff that players would need to print off to play these quests. I find that potential players sometimes get turned off of fan-made stuff if it involves them having to create too many elements. We’ve got the enhanced Elf spells and lots of new artefacts, plus the special tile (that Lowery has almost finished).
All four of the Heroes can get very powerful and have some nice items and powers as the story unfolds. The Wizard has his pet bat, for example. I’m still open to the idea of additional treasure cards and elemental spells but would prefer not to have to do it at this stage, because of the Quest pack design ethos. Wizard enthusiasts will of course be getting some very cool spells and abilities from another pack we are working on ;) .

Skullcleaver I think should not be able to be thrown, as it might create confusion with the existing rule for this artefact.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » June 19th, 2022, 5:12 pm

Well, it will be just a paper with the cards. There are already a pdf with 2 pages; page 1 is featuring 9 cards, page 2 is featuring only 3 cards.
So we could at least add 6 more cards to page 2.
Cutting cards from a pdf with 12 cards or with 18, makes no difference in my opinion. It is more complicated to print and cut tiles as they should be sticked on solid cardboard.
6 new treasure cards could be: 1 trap, 2 spell scrolls, 2 potions and 1 minor artifact.
Another question regarding the Scrying-Glass: is a search for magical traps to be considered as a different search from a standard trap search? Or is the searching with this artifact revealing both standard and magical traps at once?

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pancho » June 20th, 2022, 2:43 am

lestodante wrote:Well, it will be just a paper with the cards. There are already a pdf with 2 pages; page 1 is featuring 9 cards, page 2 is featuring only 3 cards.
So we could at least add 6 more cards to page 2.
Cutting cards from a pdf with 12 cards or with 18, makes no difference in my opinion. It is more complicated to print and cut tiles as they should be sticked on solid cardboard.
6 new treasure cards could be: 1 trap, 2 spell scrolls, 2 potions and 1 minor artifact.
Another question regarding the Scrying-Glass: is a search for magical traps to be considered as a different search from a standard trap search? Or is the searching with this artifact revealing both standard and magical traps at once?

I’ll have a think about it Dante. I’ve been meaning to read through the book adventures again to check if there’s any good stuff that I’ve missed. I know there are a lot more artefacts in the stories, and I just choose what I thought were the more interesting/important ones. I can’t include too many more without unbalancing the Heroes (literally, they’ll likely fall over if they carry any more loot!), but it’s probably me worth re-reading the books.
Another design consideration that I should have mentioned in my last post is that I’m not always keen on introducing new treasure cards unless it can’t be helped. Cards end up in the treasure card deck and people forget that they’re in there or where they came from and they’re not necessarily intended for use outside of this pack. I prefer only adding new treasure cards for the official expansions, but we’ll see.

The Scrying Glass allows the standard and Magic trap search at the same time.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Lowery_79 » June 22nd, 2022, 4:38 pm

Hello All,

Here is the final version of the Beach Tile that Pancho has settled on for this solo pack. I hope this helps others play this quest back.
Lowery_79

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby lestodante » August 6th, 2022, 6:12 am

If everyone is interested I professionally printed very few copies (only seven) of the Artifacts cards from this questpack.
I sent one to Pancho and took one for myself. If anyone else is interested in having a deck, please let me know.
I will send this for 7 euros plus the shipping which is right to recover a small part of the cost I spent for the images.

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild