• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Translation of "Slumbering Monster" by Roberto de Moraes

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Translation of "Slumbering Monster" by Roberto de Moraes

Postby Drew » September 15th, 2019, 3:33 pm

Lol Im so stupid. Didnt see that, and didnt have a chance to playtest it yet to see for myself. So Im open to any proposal. Use this numbering to tell me your ideas of where a door/secret door/teleport trap should be:
Also since Ill update the document let me know if there are any other changes that should be made in the quest pack
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Pancho » September 15th, 2019, 4:13 pm

LOL don’t worry we’ve all been there.
My preference would be an ordinary door between rooms 17 and 18.

I’d like to go between 12 and 20, but that falling block trap in the bottom corridor worries me. It would ruin the whole quest if it blocks the way to the axe. I don’t mind one Hero getting trapped forever going that way, but the whole party getting closed off from the goal is not good.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » September 15th, 2019, 4:54 pm

naaa the Wizard must use Pass Through Rock and once he get the axe use the Ring of Return to get away :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Drew » September 15th, 2019, 7:29 pm

Pancho wrote:LOL don’t worry we’ve all been there.
My preference would be an ordinary door between rooms 17 and 18.

I’d like to go between 12 and 20, but that falling block trap in the bottom corridor worries me. It would ruin the whole quest if it blocks the way to the axe. I don’t mind one Hero getting trapped forever going that way, but the whole party getting closed off from the goal is not good.

I agree that 12 and 20 is not an option, plus I dont want to remove the falling block trap, it serves a purpose there.
The thing about 17 and 18 though is that it will give away 2 healing potions to the players very easily (and its an easy quest so they dont really need them), i prefer that they'd have to search for the secret door to find the healing potions.
To me the only reasonably option atm is a secret door in room 18 to the hallway. If anyone has any better idea though let me know.
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby Drew » September 15th, 2019, 7:48 pm

I reviewed the whole post and the quests and since Im going to do an updated version here are some things up for debate that could also change:

1. The dead end in Q2 that we already discuss.
(My proposal is: a secret door in room 18 to the hallway)

2.The original title is "Caçada à Criatura", that literally translated is "Creature Hunt". Phoenix changed the translation to "Slumbering Monster">Should we keep the original title or go with Phoenix's take on the translation?
(My proposal is: even though I like "Slumbering Monster" better as a tittle, I think we should stick to the original title like we did with the other 4 Dragao quest packs)

3. Many people have proposed to remove Zargon as the villain and replace him with Lengrati the Sleep Wizard from this quest pack by the same author: http://www.lestodante.com/hq/quests/attack_on_the_sleep-wizard.pdf
(My proposal is: Even though I like the idea, id like to stick to the original once again since we are just here to translate not make our own quest)

4. In Q2, Note C is kinda unclear cause of translation. The translation says 'tamper' which is quite distinct from search or open. How should that be changed?
(My proposal is: C. This empty chest is a magical trap. If a Hero searches for treasure before the trap is disarmed, he will lose one magical item they are carrying. Zargon chooses the item to be lost, but may not choose the Chaotic Sword of the Axe of Destruction.)

PLEASE everyone let me know your opinions and ideas. Also let me know if there is anything else up for debate in this quest pack)
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby Pancho » September 16th, 2019, 2:25 am

Drew wrote:I reviewed the whole post and the quests and since Im going to do an updated version here are some things up for debate that could also change:

1. The dead end in Q2 that we already discuss.
(My proposal is: a secret door in room 18 to the hallway)

2.The original title is "Caçada à Criatura", that literally translated is "Creature Hunt". Phoenix changed the translation to "Slumbering Monster">Should we keep the original title or go with Phoenix's take on the translation?
(My proposal is: even though I like "Slumbering Monster" better as a tittle, I think we should stick to the original title like we did with the other 4 Dragao quest packs)

3. Many people have proposed to remove Zargon as the villain and replace him with Lengrati the Sleep Wizard from this quest pack by the same author: http://www.lestodante.com/hq/quests/attack_on_the_sleep-wizard.pdf
(My proposal is: Even though I like the idea, id like to stick to the original once again since we are just here to translate not make our own quest)

4. In Q2, Note C is kinda unclear cause of translation. The translation says 'tamper' which is quite distinct from search or open. How should that be changed?
(My proposal is: C. This empty chest is a magical trap. If a Hero searches for treasure before the trap is disarmed, he will lose one magical item they are carrying. Zargon chooses the item to be lost, but may not choose the Chaotic Sword of the Axe of Destruction.)

PLEASE everyone let me know your opinions and ideas. Also let me know if there is anything else up for debate in this quest pack)

1) I have changed my mind, and now agree that the door should be from room 18 to the hallway. This was also Presti’s suggestion, who thankfully reminded us about this whole problem, as well as the suggestion of somebody else who worked on this pages and pages ago (it might have been the Admiral).
2) I prefer Slumbering Monster. We’ve already changed the adventure to make it actually playable, so I have no problem changing the Title.
3) I changed it to Lengrati in my own version, which combines this and Sleep Wizard into a 6-quest pack. Might be best for you to keep it as Zargon though, and let each person decide if they want to change. Be interesting to see what others say.
4) I think your suggested change is a good one.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Drew » September 16th, 2019, 2:49 pm

Pancho wrote:1) I have changed my mind, and now agree that the door should be from room 18 to the hallway. This was also Presti’s suggestion, who thankfully reminded us about this whole problem, as well as the suggestion of somebody else who worked on this pages and pages ago (it might have been the Admiral).
2) I prefer Slumbering Monster. We’ve already changed the adventure to make it actually playable, so I have no problem changing the Title.
3) I changed it to Lengrati in my own version, which combines this and Sleep Wizard into a 6-quest pack. Might be best for you to keep it as Zargon though, and let each person decide if they want to change. Be interesting to see what others say.
4) I think your suggested change is a good one.

Thanks a lot for replying :) Once I get a couple more opinions on these matters (or any other matter in the quest pack that Im not aware of) I'll make the proper changes.

Another thing that bothers me is the quests "creature" icon, it was debated a lot, do you think what I used was ok for the icon?
Should I just put an X there instead?
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby j_dean80 » September 16th, 2019, 8:23 pm

The creature icon you used is a specific monster that doesn’t really match. Either someone should make a new icon or I’d put the X.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Drew » September 16th, 2019, 9:25 pm

j_dean80 wrote:The creature icon you used is a specific monster that doesn’t really match. Either someone should make a new icon or I’d put the X.

yeah thats what i thought, i originally found the icon randomly in the inn (probably in Icons section) but just today I saw it in a mini and realized it is an existing monster, thats why I brought it up. I think I'll go with the X.
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby Drew » September 19th, 2019, 11:05 pm

I will do the update in 2 days so let me know all your suggestions by then cause that will be the final product.
(Check the points up for discussion a couple comments back.)
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild