Page 1 of 1

What about the quest that started it all?

PostPosted: June 19th, 2010, 5:04 pm
by mo123813
This is my first topic in the adventurer's guild, so If I put it in the wrong place, I apologize.

How about there be a quest with the first four adventurers who took down Zargon for the first time? I think It would be awesome, plus, gamers could actually BATTLE a weaker Zargon! Let me know what you think. (Note: I mean the adventurers that Mentor speaks of in the intro of the instruction booklet.)

Re: What about the quest that started it all?

PostPosted: June 19th, 2010, 6:00 pm
by drathe
That would indeed be cool. A whole storyline about the Heroes of old would be cool to see.

Re: What about the quest that started it all?

PostPosted: June 19th, 2010, 8:26 pm
by torilen
ha - that is so funny - I was just thinking about the a few days ago myself - my not make one with those
original heroes mentioned in the rule book - that would be pretty neat - I think I could get down on that
(most likely because there is nothing to go on right now, so we would just be making it up as we go).

Re: What about the quest that started it all?

PostPosted: June 19th, 2010, 9:39 pm
by mo123813
Cool. I was inspired by the Chronicles of Sir Ragnar. That would be awesome. Okay, Ill go get the names of the heroes.

Re: What about the quest that started it all?

PostPosted: June 19th, 2010, 11:43 pm
by Phoenix
Rogar - the barbarian
Durgin - the Dwarf
Ladril - the Elf
Telor - the Wizard

(Page four of the instruction booklet, if anybody cares)

Re: What about the quest that started it all?

PostPosted: June 19th, 2010, 11:48 pm
by mo123813
Phoenix wrote:Rogar - the barbarian
Durgin - the Dwarf
Ladril - the Elf
Telor - the Wizard

(Page four of the instruction booklet, if anybody cares)


Ha, thanks. I knew I was forgetting something...
Ok. So can we work on this?

Re: What about the quest that started it all?

PostPosted: June 21st, 2010, 4:41 pm
by DragonHead
What do you mean, sorry I'm not that familiar with official Heroquest history so, in the beginning did heroes or champions somehow defeat him, is that why it was a surprise when he returned (did he ever leave, did he return?) or what? :?:

Re: What about the quest that started it all?

PostPosted: June 21st, 2010, 5:08 pm
by drathe
The opening paragraphs in the Instruction Booklets is a prologue to the storyline that begins in the Game System. It mentions a Barbarian Prince and a few fellows gathering together to unite the armies of the west to battle against Zargon/Morcar. The Barbarian Prince - Rogar wore a diamond on his brow, which is the Star of the West (the same star the Heroes need to help the Emperor unite the armies again, which leads the the breaking of the Witch Lord's seal).

Re: What about the quest that started it all?

PostPosted: June 21st, 2010, 5:12 pm
by mo123813
An awesome back story if I do say so myself.

Re: What about the quest that started it all?

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 4:47 pm
by DragonHead
Which insturction booklets, the rule book?