• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chaos' Horde Quest

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Chaos' Horde Quest

Postby Wolf » July 16th, 2018, 7:18 pm

aaronAGN wrote:How do you make cards? Or send them to get made, sense you said the are in?

Sorry it has been so long, I have only played a few games of HQ since posting all this but I still have all the gear and plan to make some missions off of this. But I sent them into Printer Studios and used photoshop to create the cards, and printed them up as Taro cards (should have done them as regular playing cards if I were to redo them now).

https://www.printerstudio.com/
My campaigns in order of story from left to right:
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Wolf » July 16th, 2018, 7:29 pm

Looking back the buildings (the forge and such) that I made on my own are pretty badly made and I would like to redo them when I get the money for new supplies. I got around to priming most of the items, the shadow people will be fixed as well as the giant ball of tentacles (I may just take that out of the monsters deck). I also realize how wild adding sci-fi and fantasy would be so I am going to take out the robots, marines, (other sci fi stuff), etc. that I was planning to place in here. I will keep it to a more fantasy steampunk-ish universe and may add on things that fit that profile.

I don't remember if I said this but the main idea for this quest would be that a new god of chaos has appeared to fight against people. I like the idea that this is x amount of years after the regular heroquest game. I may also need to fix the bases for many things. This may mean buying a bunch of old warhammer fantasy small bases and placing everything on that instead of trying to make everything based the same way as Heroquest minis.

So to do list:
- Rebase everything
- Take out the sci fi stuff
- Paint everything
- Finally come up with proper maps/parts of the campaign and not have them overly done with monsters like the original stuff I had shown.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » July 16th, 2018, 8:01 pm

I don't know if you're aware, but Thantos produces bases specifically designed to match those of Hero Quest. http://zealotminiatures.com/zealot-shop ... ort=normal
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Wolf » July 17th, 2018, 1:53 am

Daedalus wrote:I don't know if you're aware, but Thantos produces bases specifically designed to match those of Hero Quest. http://zealotminiatures.com/zealot-shop ... ort=normal

Thanks but I have found some square bases on Ebay that are a better deal (more bases for rather cheap), especially since I will be needing to rebase 100+ minis.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » July 18th, 2018, 12:30 am

I found these (and bought two so far, I think that's all I'll need) on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/50x-25mm-Squar ... m570.l1313

Once I get them in the mail I will be able to fix all the bases and then will need to buy some primer.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » July 18th, 2018, 6:26 pm

Those should pass reasonably well . . . and the price is right. I hope we can see some examples as you finish.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Wolf » July 29th, 2018, 2:46 pm

After putting a few models on new bases I have the feeling I will need to pin them, I also decided to buy some new superglue because I bought GW superglue first, and if any of you don't know GW decided to now sell a box of 4 or 5 tiny one use superglues for $10. Other than that I bought some new figures to use as shadow creatures, and then bough a grindstone and some double doors from Zealot Shop.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » February 17th, 2019, 7:02 am

Although I have found myself extremely busy with work and work (have a normal 9-5 job and have been working on designing an RPG) I have not forgotten about this project. I am almost finished with my game and will be coming back to this within the next month or so with more updates; the Grindstone came in but was WAY to small from what I was hoping so I need to figure out something for that.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Adventurer's Guild