• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chaos' Horde Quest

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Chaos' Horde Quest

Postby Wolf » August 3rd, 2016, 8:31 pm

One bump in the road is that half of these are metal so I need to get super glue. And is it just me or are some of these miniatures by ReaperMini's made out of rubber? Who knows.

Other than that I am getting some progress on the rest of the chaos cultists, I also created some new bases out of green stuff.

I plan to pretty much keep all of these beasts on the bases they come on (which is a form of round some on 40k round bases and others on flat round bases) unless they don't come on a base of any kind. I am also making all the Heroes on the same base, I want at least some kind of uniformity. Each monster will have roughly the same base (as close as I can make them, as you can see the bases for my Ogres are cut from larger ones and mixed up a bit). I still have Shadows to make which I am thinking of making using bits from the Frostgrave Cultists box that I am using for the Chaos Cultists.

I also have made 2 walls so far. The walls are part of a spell, I have designed 3 chaos spells that place a wall in front of the caster so I need to make miniatures for those which I am. I also made a spell that will literally eat a Hero. It is called Krampus' Sack. I need a miniature for that spell as well which I already am working on.

I will post some progress pics up later.
My campaigns in order of story from left to right:
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » August 4th, 2016, 2:01 am

Wolf wrote:And is it just me or are some of these miniatures by ReaperMini's made out of rubber? Who knows.

That's the Bones line. PVC for cheap, most of the models being replicas of metal originals, so if you can financially, avoid the Bones.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » August 4th, 2016, 3:20 am

So I got quite a bit done today. For starters I primed everything that was finished:
The white guy being my Half Orc Thief who is well, a thief.
Hell I even primed a little barrel I got (was thinking of making 2 but now that I got one randomly in one of my orders I only have to make one).

As for making new bases it was quite easy. I just balled up a bunch of GW Green Stuff and squashed it under a HQ Skeleton's base and this is what I got:
These will be for the Shadows once they dry.

I worked on some more Chaos Cultists as I said before:
The thing in the middle is the miniature I will be using for the Krampus' Sack spell.

Then I sat down for a while to watch Family Guy and "paint" some Ogres:
Paint being in quotation marks due to the fact that I am keeping all the miniatures a single color. I still need to get to the bases but I plan to do that after I finish painting all of the grey CHAOS/OGRE models. Here are the ones that still need to be painted plus I obviously have the 10 Chaos Space Marines to paint and 4 Possessed Chaos Space Marines.

As for some more monsters here are the Bone Golems I talked about "being made out of bones and old armor" ooooooooo :mummy:
I doubt I'll paint them since they are already white. Also the bases that they are on with their feet being too wide for the Green Stuff bases I think its best to leave them like that then chop into them but I may change my mind later.

Then here are the 2 of 3 (It may be four walls instead of three. Stone, Ice/Water, Fire, Chaos, yep four of them. Guess I need to start working on a 4th) chaos spell walls are going up. I believe the walls are from the Against the Ogre Hordes set, idk if they are spells or not but I remember thinking "cool" and making them into spells with some of the rules changed.
It is made out of foamboard and some Gorilla Glue as I don't have any super glue on me at the moment. I added the glue bubble to the top so it would look more "frozeny" and like its frozen water. Idk if it came out the best though.
This will probably become the Chaos Wall, the glue on the top is just some that got out from the gluing process. Again I really need to get some Superglue.
I plan to smooth out the sides as they are just 3 foam board pieces glued together. I will also add some sort of chaos symbol on it to make it more chaosy.

As far as foamboard goes I made a Weapons Forge:
Tried cutting away some of the access glue. Just another piece of foamboard on top of smaller pieces. It is roughly the size of a table if not a little wider.

Then onto the Heroes one of which I hate -_-
This guy is representing Kyle Reese. I like the idea of him being in armor with a gun since he was originally part of the resistance. Plus you can get a few guns in my game whether that be from a Chaos Space Marine or from Jenkins.
Then we have the Thief who's base I DID extend so it would be the appropriate size. It was easier since his feet were closer together and his base already being a square made it unnecessary for me to cut him off of it. Although I may cover the base with some Green Stuff as his base is on some tile brick looking things (rooftop maybe).
And finally last but not least of my pictures (well probably least) is the miniature I hate with a passion and may just throw in the trash. This is SUPPOSSED to be Alexander Hartdegen. But I couldn't for the life of me find a miniature that represents a normal 1800's man. So I got the legs from the same kit I used to make Kyle Reese (an old GW Imperial Guard set if the guy on eBay listed it correctly), I Green Stuffed over the chest after trimming it down and gave him a gun and knife hands from the set and then finally gave him a hooded head from the Frostgrave Cultists kit. I honestly dunno if I will use him or not.
Does anybody know of a place I get get a model that would look more like this:

Yes... THAT is what he is supposed to look like -_- you can understand my hatred now. If anybody could point me in the right direction to find a figure that fits the above picture you would have my love :redheart: please, help me Obi-wan Kenobi, You're my only hope.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » August 4th, 2016, 10:27 am

I would page through all of the Reaper Chronoscope line to find your 1800'site time traveller. The first page has the TARDIS... worst case, there is a figure in a trench coat which looks much better than you current choice.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » August 4th, 2016, 1:06 pm

whitebeard wrote:I would page through all of the Reaper Chronoscope line to find your 1800'site time traveller. The first page has the TARDIS... worst case, there is a figure in a trench coat which looks much better than you current choice.

Thanks
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » August 5th, 2016, 12:02 am

Got more work done today, all my shadows are finished (didn't really take much effort to make) and most of my Green Stuff is gone lol. Welp that just means I have to get more.

First I have to show off my Werewolves (I only have three of them at the moment, am thinking of getting more).

All of the Frostgrave Cultists (my Chaos Cultists) are finished, I haven't primed them yet like I have the others:

Aside from that the Alexander Hartdegen figure has been thrown away. I am keeping the arms just in case something comes along that I might need it for but other than that I plan to tear him to pieces to get the arms back. I looked on eBay and might have found a good figure for it. I still plan to look through the Reaper Chronoscope line as suggested by whitebeard to find something better.

Also a little downside is my Skidders (MYTH Crawlers) are lost in the mail at the moment which is upsetting.

As for the Shadows I had the idea to make them have just heads basically. Like you can make out their faces but the rest of their body is just a shadow that doesnt really represent anything. To do that I just make them out of Green Stuff and Frostgrave Cultist heads:

The Ogre Magnus' are coming along as well. I thought it would be a pretty cool idea if one of them shoots magic out of a cannon, I plan to place some Green Stuff at the end to form a type of energy ball like I have in the hand of the other Magnus.

And aside from that I am making the Forge. I am going to wrap more Foamboard around the other side to close it off and some foamboard to close off the top. It's the only thing I can think of for making it look all proper.

So that's everything I have finished for today. Still a couple hours in the day so I am thinking about painting the rest of the Ogres although I may take a quick break to watch some Star Trek Enterprise. Jonathan Archer ftw!
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » August 5th, 2016, 1:16 am

So to just post a to-do list:
  • Make all the NA HQ Game System cards into Tarot Cards via Printer Studios.
  • Buy Super Glue.
  • Try and get a refund or get another group of MYTH Crawlers since they are lost in the mail -_-
  • Prime and Paint everything.
  • Buy some Elmer's Glue.
  • Print out the new tiles for the Campaign.
  • Make or buy another barrel.
  • Finish the Forge.
  • Make the final Wall.
  • Make the Mother Rathtar.
  • Get some more Green Stuff.
  • Figure out a way to transport all these guys once I am done. I have some old GW foam cases that I can use but they have Orcs and Chaos Marines inside of them.

Welp that's a lot to do. So far I have all the Hero Spell cards made into Tarot cards.

The reason I am making them Tarot cards is because on the printer studio site, Tarot cards are the only cards big enough to hold the cards I made via templates from this website. Dunno why they aren't made to be the size of Poker cards like the original HQ cards but whatever.

I'll update everything as I go along.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » August 7th, 2016, 1:17 pm

I have been working on remaking the original HQ card set to print into Tarot form since all my other cards will be that way. I am planning to add 6 more cards to each Hero Spell deck (the Fire, Air, Water, Earth, spells) to make it so you can choose between 9 cards for each of them. I am also debating on adding a few more spell decks. I want some actual good spell decks. I have looked all over here and there are spell decks like "gold, amber, etc" and it just doesn't make sense for those to be legit Fantasy Elements to me so I prefer to make my own. I am thinking of adding a Dark Spell Deck which is leaning towards Chaos Spells, and then a Light Spell Deck. So there would be:

• Light
  • Dark
  • Air
  • Fire
  • Water
  • Earth

Aside from that I may be adding some more to the Armory again. The creative bug has hit me again.
|_P
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Showdown35 » August 7th, 2016, 1:26 pm

Wolf wrote:I want some actual good spell decks. I have looked all over here and there are spell decks like "gold, amber, etc" and it just doesn't make sense for those to be legit Fantasy Elements to me so I prefer to make my own.

I felt the same way about all the different spell types I saw on here, most of it is just not quite the same fantasy vein as the original HQ. I added a few more spell sets, also going with Light and Dark (I call it Shadow). You might like the other elemental sets I made; Metal, Wood, Ice, Lightning, and Mystic. Ok, Mystic is not a fantasy element, but I wanted a set that was just pure, neutral magic, not based in an element. You can see all the spells on my project site here:

http://www.scon.comze.com/heroquest/cards-spells.html
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » August 7th, 2016, 3:22 pm

Showdown35 wrote:
Wolf wrote:I want some actual good spell decks. I have looked all over here and there are spell decks like "gold, amber, etc" and it just doesn't make sense for those to be legit Fantasy Elements to me so I prefer to make my own.

I felt the same way about all the different spell types I saw on here, most of it is just not quite the same fantasy vein as the original HQ. I added a few more spell sets, also going with Light and Dark (I call it Shadow). You might like the other elemental sets I made; Metal, Wood, Ice, Lightning, and Mystic. Ok, Mystic is not a fantasy element, but I wanted a set that was just pure, neutral magic, not based in an element. You can see all the spells on my project site here:

http://www.scon.comze.com/heroquest/cards-spells.html

Nice, I will definitely look at those for some inspiration. I have always viewed things like Metal spells/Metal powers an enhancement on Earth spells/powers when it comes to fantasy universe. Like you start hurling rocks around then all of a sudden you can lift a metal cup and you go from there. Same with Lightning and Fire. And other similar groups of elements.

I think for my Homebrew rules I will add that the Wizard and all spell casters (excluding my Monk and The Doctor because the Doctor is just using a sonic screw driver in the form of a "Spell Deck" and the same for the Monk, they are holy relics in the form of a "spell deck") can use any mix of cards:

Like having 1 dark spell and 2 Earth spells for an Elf. Kinda gives them character in my eyes. Like this specific Elf worked on the ability to cast Earth Spells and do all things like that but also has meddled in some dark magic kinda deal. That's just me. I should have more time to further my progress tomorrow afternoon as that's when I have the most time off from work this week.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adventurer's Guild