• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Into the Skaven lair.

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Into the Skaven lair.

Postby tallyho » March 21st, 2016, 7:05 am

Ok, and then we are in the Skaven Lair. (Sorry for my bad english :roll: )

My plot is that the youngsters are still in hiding.
The Skavens havent discovered them yet.
They are stuck somewhere, terrified.

After the last hero have climbed down the rope, the hole collapse. They cant use the same way out.
They are stuck in a small room, but finds a hidden door out.

First challenge, getting past the guards.
Movement, only Skavens. 2D6
First dice, direction. 1-3 up or left. 4-6 down or right.
Second dice, movement. 1-6 number of routes.
If the heroes comes in the line of sight, then all 3 Skavens attack as normal.

Heroes, Skavens can move and attack diagonal within the circle.

If the heroes are spotted within the circle, Skavens may move around objects to attack in a different direction
Maybe the heroes should sneak out by one at a time. Or wait to the skavens are in the right position and move together.

Comments appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby tallyho » March 21st, 2016, 6:10 pm

After passing the guards, the GM follows this plan. If the heroes turn left the GM must place the youngsters at nr 1 position, or position 2 if they turn right.
The footsteps will be revealed to the players when they entering the room and theres no monsters left in the same room.
And if the players split up, you choose.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby tallyho » March 22nd, 2016, 1:40 pm

When the youngsters are found, they can fight with weapon leftover after killed Skavens.
Only after they pick up weapons, where the Skavens where killed.
These weapon have Skaven stats.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby tallyho » March 22nd, 2016, 6:29 pm

If the heroes deafeat the Skaven warlock he will, in change for his life, tell them about the Skaven rune. Its in a chest next room. It summons rats, they must destroy it.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby tallyho » March 25th, 2016, 6:04 pm

Then its the secret passage up to the sewers. Got that figured out. just a bit work to be done.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » March 30th, 2016, 10:59 pm

Hey tallyho, just letting you know I'm still working on the Heroscribe map for this. You can see what I have so far here. The gear shape isn't perfect, but I don't see how I would make it so. I don't think it looks too bad though.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby tallyho » March 31st, 2016, 10:07 am

Great StratosVX, thank you. Tried Heroscribe, how do you enter a new map in HS ?
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » March 31st, 2016, 11:04 am

You won't be able to use that file I linked. When it's done, there will be a zip file. Inside the zip file will be 2 folders (called Raster and Vector) and the XML document containing additional data. All you do is copy what is inside the Raster folder into your Heroscribe/Icons/Raster folder, then copy what is inside the Vector folder into your Heroscribe/Icons/Vector folder. Inside your Heroscribe folder you will see a document called Objects.xml. (I'm going to explain this to you in case you don't know how these work. I'm not trying to talk down to you.) Open this in a text editor. Near the beginning of the list, you will see a bunch of lines that start with <kind id =. Right after that section, is the data for the boards. Each board's data is contained in the space in-between the opening tag of <board name= and the ending tag of </board>. On several boards, the ending tag is many lines down. All you need to do is copy the data that will be in the XML document from the zip file I will give you, and paste it in the boards section of the Objects.xml document in your Heroscribe folder. Just make sure you paste it in the space between two boards, meaning you paste it after a line that starts with </board> and before a line that starts with <board name=. If you paste it in the middle of a board's data your Heroscribe will be messed up. If you have any issues with it, the link in my signature called "My Heroscribe Files" will have a version of Heroscribe that has all the maps clmckay and I have made. If you don't want to use that (it has a lot of Heroic Maps in it. Not useful if you don't have those), let me know and I will get a version made up for you that will have your map in it.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby tallyho » March 31st, 2016, 2:10 pm

Well pogramming wouldnt work. For that im to much of a novice. But i will take a look at "My Heroscribe Files" and see. Thanks.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » March 31st, 2016, 2:22 pm

You wouldn't need to do any programming. The method of adding maps isn't that hard. You do have to do some programming to make them though.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups: