• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

A Quest - Feedback welcome

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

A Quest - Feedback welcome

Postby Anderas » March 23rd, 2015, 12:45 pm

I know now, hosting a play-by-post game is not for me.
It is too slow, too much work and the work has to be done often!

Well, this is a Quest i was designing for my play-by-post game which is now about to be finished.
It is a variant of one Quest in the Core Game.

The Quest is designed to cost about 15-18 Body Points of the Heroes. At least, this part worked quite well, better than expected!
Nevertheless, out of stupidity, until now i have not been able to kill one of them. Maybe the last turns of my Play-by-Post Game will change that now! :D

I listed the used Monsters in the order of their strength; so this means the Goblin is less strong than the Fimir (Ok no surprise here) ; but it also means a Goblin with 3 Body Points is stronger than the EU Fimir. :shock:

Let me know what you think!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: A Quest - Feedback welcome

Postby Daedalus » June 6th, 2017, 2:47 am

I missed this the first time around, but I've got some late impressions for ya.

It seems there's a pretty good chance the Strong Orc in room C will escape. If the Heroes aren't told he has their gold coin treasure, what is their incentive to burn a Pass Through Rock spell to pursue him into dead-end corridors? (I suppose EU rules for treasure searches may provide some incentive, but NA rules don't.) I'd have him pick up a chest on the way out.

How did the three Goblin Elite Fighters work out? Did you use standard Goblin models, or were the Heroes surprised? Personally, I feel the idea of a Goblin Elite pushes the concept a bit when it isn't a unique figure. Were I to run this, there would probably be a mix of regular Goblins and Strong Goblins, using the 6 from the MGS. Too predictable?

I like the alarm tie-in with Grak's Body Points. A trap on the way to the Goblin might make things even less sure and more interesting.

Did you get some payback for the remaining monsters?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » June 12th, 2017, 6:36 am

Mainly this was my first test for the Monster slaying cost.

I didn't use models because it was Play by post only.

The Goblins with 3 BP played very well. I need to find a monster model with this profile, as they were just excellent, and "Elite Goblin" just doesn't sit very well in my mouth. Something to be used as often as an Orc but tougher to kill. Hm.
So what is small like a Goblin but has Body Points like the Boss? :D

The Orc escaping with the gold: That's a good suggestion for showing the players where their gold goes.. thanks.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 12th, 2017, 7:38 am

I suggest the Dwarfs of Mid-Nor from Confrontation
as your "3BP-Goblins".
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » October 18th, 2017, 1:19 pm

Anderas wrote:The Goblins with 3 BP played very well. I need to find a monster model with this profile, as they were just excellent, and "Elite Goblin" just doesn't sit very well in my mouth. Something to be used as often as an Orc but tougher to kill. Hm.
So what is small like a Goblin but has Body Points like the Boss? :D

Perhaps instead of a Goblin, use a Skeleton that won't stay down. When defending, it also rolls a red die. When "killed", the tougher Skeleton reanimates on a 3+ and it remains on the board.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » October 22nd, 2017, 7:42 am

Hehe that's evil. :D

I have a couple of dwarfs here that are not usable otherwise. The Boss Dwarf may have the second stats like hero dwarf, the others could take the role of elite goblins.

I have just seen I forgot to name the columns for those monsters.
Well, it is name - AT - DE - BP.

They are in ordered by their strength.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Adventurer's Guild