Page 1 of 2

Finally!

PostPosted: October 11th, 2011, 11:07 am
by cynthialee
So after a long battle to get my spouse to play HQ with me, last night we finally played.

She played the Dwarf and the Elf only. As there were 2 heroes missing, I gave her 2 random artifacts. Talisman of lore and the spirit blade were drawn. So I changed the random monster from an ork to undead, just so that spirit blade would come in handy.... Durring the dungeon crawl I required a number of mind checks to make her feel lucky to have the talisman.

Anyways...
The two heroes were able to clear out the second quest in the main quest book in about 2 hours. It was close a couple of times but she pulled it off.

Leaves me thinking that I need to buff the quests, if one of the quests can be played with just two heroes. Granted I gave her 2 artifacts to help in the quest but the two artifact items were not really all that much help.

Re: Finally!

PostPosted: October 11th, 2011, 3:10 pm
by Sjeng
So, is she hooked? ;)

Re: Finally!

PostPosted: October 11th, 2011, 5:28 pm
by cynthialee
I don't know if she is hooked yet. But she was very excited to know that the next time she payed that she would walk into the next quest with the potions that she didnt use and that her gold could buy extra equipment.
We'll see next time we play. Which will probably be this weekend. She is going to have breast reduction surgery on thursday so we will pretty much be cooped up for a week as she recovers.
I am bringing my HQ game and a copy of the RPG I am developing so we can kill time while we are in Portland.

Re: Finally!

PostPosted: October 11th, 2011, 10:08 pm
by AerynB
I'm glad you had fun! I try to play HQ with my hubby (Dave) whenever he has time. But he's not much of an rpg-type guy, which is totally fine. We have a lot of other things in common. ;)

I hope your wife's surgery goes well, and that the recovery goes well, also.


EDIT: I remember what I wanted to say. I started typing the reply and completely forgot to say how impressed I was with your ability to improvise a quest and change monsters and conditions on the fly. I'm hoping to start playing with others besides my husband, and I think the ability to modify a quest (to make it easier or harder) is crucial. I'm usually a by-the-rules player, but I'm learning that changing things up isn't so bad. So anyway, just wanted to say that was really neat.

Re: Finally!

PostPosted: October 14th, 2011, 7:00 am
by ken
Are you Ladies still looking for a Bathroom tile :?: Check this out.Ebay Item number: 190585040565
pool hq.jpg
:oops:

Re: Finally!

PostPosted: October 14th, 2011, 9:38 am
by torilen
must be nice - My wife cannot stand anything role-playing game related...including heroquest. I'll have to wait for
my two year old to age another six or seven years, and teach him to play. hahaha

Re: Finally!

PostPosted: October 14th, 2011, 10:51 am
by el_flesh
Gill(ty), the wife of Beernut, our DM, will sit and chat with us while the board is being set-up, and she'll comment about how cool some of the miniatures look, and then she's vanished like a wee lil leprechaun. It never fails after a year and a half! We tried to get her to play a round last weekend when it was just me and Ninja over. (ya I know that's bad grammar but who cares?) Nothing doing.

Re: Finally!

PostPosted: October 14th, 2011, 12:22 pm
by cynthialee
I got my sweety to paint some of my HQ mini's. I think once she had invested effort it was a given she would play.

Re: Finally!

PostPosted: October 14th, 2011, 2:13 pm
by Big Bene
ken wrote:Are you Ladies still looking for a Bathroom tile :?:

I'm working on it. At the moment I have no acces to the computer I stored the graphics on, so I will take it up again at monday, but I think it'll be finished soon.

Re: Finally!

PostPosted: October 14th, 2011, 5:37 pm
by torilen
I'm looking at getting some of those new lego put-together games. I'm hoping I can talk her into playing
one or two of those...the heroica types...and maybe transition her from those into HQ, at least.

I did get her to admit something though...a little while ago. I found a role-playing game for the
tv show Supernatural. She said she might be interested in that. I'll have to get a copy of that one day. :)