Page 1 of 1

LET'S MEET ONLINE FOR A HQ GAME!!

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2011, 10:12 am
by el_flesh
It's not hard to arrange!

Get hold of Vassal; post in here when you will be ontime according to GMT and we will meet up!

Alternatively, make a group in your MSN messenger live, and add everyone!
PM me for my e-mail on MSN live; when we are all on together we can give HQ a go!
Perhaps we can use a HQ that allows non-standard heros AND monster placement - in that case, a troop of more than 4 heros can still get themselves into deep trouble with more and stronger monsters!

We could make friday nights a standard online meeting time!

I will check for PMs later!

Re: LET'S MEET ONLINE FOR A HQ GAME!!

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2011, 11:18 pm
by sadkitchen
El_Flesh, Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I'm willing to follow any rule set as long as I can look them over and not be completely surprised every third turn with yet another rule I didn't know. (Or in the case of my last D&D group, yet another rule book that I hadn't even heard of)

Every Friday might be a little much to ask my wife to give up. (She has lots of plans for my spare time :)) but once or twice a month would be amazing.

Looking into this Vassal thing now.

-SadKitchen

P.S. Does it make me uncool that I quoted Gilmore Girls in this post?

Re: LET'S MEET ONLINE FOR A HQ GAME!!

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2011, 12:07 am
by drathe
Gilmore Girls is a great show.

Re: LET'S MEET ONLINE FOR A HQ GAME!!

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2011, 9:00 am
by torilen
Sad - its not a bad thing that your quoted gilmore girls. It would be a bad thing if anyone realized that you did...I sure didn't.
I would love to get in on this a friday or two a month. I tried that vassal thing, and couldn't get it to work. Could be this sorry
computer we have. Windows vista...nothing works on it. And aside from that...I've learned that certain games and software
packages require special add-ons just to make them work.

Oh well...if anyone has any thoughts, let me know...I may try to get it to work again, so I can hop in occasionally.

Re: LET'S MEET ONLINE FOR A HQ GAME!!

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2011, 10:18 am
by el_flesh
Let's help you solve your vassal problem. The best way is for everyone to get onto MSN messenger, agree to meet one friday night at a set time, and walk you through it. Some people who are better with computers can even take remote control for you and see if they can solve the problem themselves. (Don't look at me; I'm not that good.)

PM you both with my e-mail, please add to MSN messenger, and please have it open fridays! Then we can meet up!

Re: LET'S MEET ONLINE FOR A HQ GAME!!

PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 5:36 am
by Darklord
I don't know about vassal, but I would recommend Maptools, I use it to play D&D online. It could easily be set up with a HQ board.

http://rptools.net/

Daniel.