Page 1 of 1

The HeroQuest 2026 Quest Jam is LIVE!

PostPosted: June 7th, 2026, 4:59 pm
by AmalgamAsh
It is time once again to scrawl, build, write, construct, conjure, recount and altogether create the ultimate quest: the fourth annual (unofficial) Quest Jam is LIVE!

https://itch.io/jam/heroquest-quest-jam-2026

The rules should be simple enough - create an original one-page, one-shot quest for a party of your specification, using a game system and any one listed expansion.

Qualified entries shall be judged and ranked across several criteria and given a review, with the highest scoring (and a few Judges' Picks) receiving the traditional on-board, dramatization treatment.

Winners will receive a bevy of third party homebrew - the prize list shall grow.

The Jam Calls! Who shall answer? :goblin:

Re: The HeroQuest 2026 Quest Jam is LIVE!

PostPosted: July 8th, 2026, 11:08 pm
by crystlshake
I have a few resources that may help other quest builders.

First, a rough map to give a sense of place. Quest builders may find that useful for flavor, or placing their quest relevant to prominent locations. The locations/maps might be a slight spoiler of sorts, but the data file certainly is.

Second, a rough mechanic compilation from official quests (the box sets and a few online ones if I recall correctly) . This is major spoilers from the get go but has a fairly decent representation of areas where a given mechanic was used and its expression. (water and darkness mechanics were the big ones I was looking for when I started it) This is particularly useful if you would prefer to reuse an established mechanic.

Third, an I believe accurate component breakdown. This is about midground as far as spoilers either for monster types or tile/part names. This is particularly useful if you are worried about piece count. I did a breakdown of tiles based on both sides, as sometimes that is relevant if you need a lot of a certain type. It also interestingly enough has a few outliers like Keller's Keep having one sided tiles with black on the back. Something that may be useful for your particular design.

https://crystlshake.itch.io/