• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Game System
23%
Advanced Game System (includes Dark Company)
6%
Kellar's Keep
19%
Return of the Witch Lord
19%
Against the Ogre Horde
10%
Wizards of Morcar
9%
Mage of the Mirror
6%
Frozen Horror
7%

Total votes : 1432

Re: [Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Postby WarriorPrincess » June 1st, 2020, 9:44 pm

I own the original Game System, Return of the Witch Lord, and Kellar's Keep. All are American, and 100% complete.

I am working on fabricating all the others so I have the entire collection. I don't mind having replicas for the rest. I really want to get back into this game and play all these expansions I never knew existed. :ugeek:

I am in the same boat as others, I am not going to pay $700+ for an expansion pack
W@rrior Prince$$
WarriorPrincess

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Admiral » June 3rd, 2020, 4:33 am

I got back into HQ about 20 years ago when I discovered on the internet the existence of a whole different system and expansion packs in America. I was able to pick up the barbarian and elf packs for $200 and $210and that was with an exchange rate of almost $2 for £1. It is quite rididiculous now if you can even find a set. I think many people are taking your route.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » June 3rd, 2020, 10:13 am

WarriorPrincess wrote:I am working on fabricating all the others so I have the entire collection. I don't mind having replicas for the rest. I really want to get back into this game and play all these expansions I never knew existed. :ugeek:

I am in the same boat as others, I am not going to pay $700+ for an expansion pack

Once the libraries are open again you can go find one with a 3D Printer and create all the figurines from Frozen Horror and Mage of the Mirror.
Against the Ogre Horde and Wizards of Morcar figurines are hard to come by, you'd need to pay a pretty penny to get those on Ebay.

You can easily find the expansion cards here and print them out on cardstock.

Not sure about the tiles, though.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Ragnarök » September 25th, 2020, 1:25 pm

Gladly I've still got my old HQ boxes from my childhood. I own the basic game system and all expansions, which were published in Europe, which means Kellar's Keep, Return of the Witchlord, Against the Ogre Hordes and Morcar's Mages. Unfortunately I don't own the North American expansion packs.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby Cael Darkhollow » September 25th, 2020, 5:13 pm

Cael Darkhollow wrote:I do not own the basic UK first base game version or the first UK edition rulebook with the maze (Edit: I do now!), the puzzles(Edit: I have two of the three I have seen), or any of the magazines or sticker book (Edit: I own all of that now!), but I still consider my collection complete as I have all of the actual games.
I have:
HeroQuest game system (US) x4 :roll4: all with double figures, furniture and tiles, one set painted
HeroQuest Advanced Quest [Dark Company] (UK) :roll1:
Kellar's Keep quest pack (US) x 3 :roll3:
Kellar's Keep quest pack (AUS) top opening hard box edition :roll1:
Return of the Witch Lord quest pack (US) x2 :roll2:
Return of the Witch Lord quest pack (AUS) top opening hard box edition :roll1:
Against the Ogre Horde expansion (AUS) top opening hard box edition :roll1:
Against the Ogre Horde expansion (UK) flap opening soft box edition :roll1:
Wizards of Morcar expansion (UK) flap opening soft box edition x2 :roll2:
HeroQuest Elf quest pack (US) x2 :roll2:
HeroQuest Barbarian quest pack (US) x2 :roll2:
HeroQuest Adventure Design Kit :roll1:
The Fellowship of Four HeroQuest novel :skull:
The Screaming Spectre HeroQuest novel :whiteshield:
The Tyrant's Tomb HeroQuest novel :blackshield:
HeroQuest CD computer Game by Gremlin
HeroQuest Nintendo game cartridge prototype
Advanced HeroQuest game
Advanced HeroQuest Terror in the Dark expansions :skeleton:
Advanced HeroQuest paint set
200 or so HeroQuest figures converted to Warhammer armies greenskins :orc: , Chaos :chaoswarrior: , and undead :skeleton:
Battlemasters game (US) x7 all but 2 converted to Warhammer armies
Battlemasters game UK version (green trays slightly different labels, tiles, stickers, rulebook and box art than the US version) :roll1:
Battlemasters Chaos Warband expansion (UK) :roll1:
Battlemasters Imperial Lord expansion (UK) :roll1:
Warhammer fantasy battles editions 3-8, with large armies for the Empire, Bretonnians, Slann, Undead :skeleton: , Vampire Counts :zombie: , Tomb Kings :mummy: , Goblins :goblin: , Orcs :orc: , Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Warriors :chaoswarrior: , Chaos Beastmen, Chaos Demons :gargoyle: , Skaven, High Elves, Wood Elves :elf: , Dwarfs :dwarf: , Dwarf Slayers, and Norse :barbarian: .
DarkWorld game x3
DarkWorld Village of Fear
DarkWorld Dragon's Gate
"feast your eyes on this, Rare and wonderful!" Smaug

Complete stack o' HeroQuest sure looks nice

My Dungeons & Dragons collection on the left, my Warhammer books, Conan the barbarian books, and Lord of the Rings books on the right

HeroQuest with All Expansions and Boxed sets

UK HeroQuest expansions and boxed sets

All US HeroQuest expansions and boxed sets

Advanced HeroQuest with all expansions and boxed sets

HeroQuest games and novels

Battlemasters UK and US versions and expansion sets (available UK only)

Warhammer editions 4-8 which include miniatures (1-3 did not, just rule books)

Darkworld board games (HeroQuest type games) I am still missing Dragon's Gate (Edit: not anymore!)

As an update I've added Darkworld Dragon's gate (now my set of 3 is complete!), Warhammer Quest (original), and Talisman (3rd edition with the cool minis)
Question is now where am I going to put that new Hasbro version of HeroQuest (I am in at the Mystic level pledge X2) that box looks super thick.
Still don't have the HQ sticker book( edit: I have it now!), magazines (Edit: I now own both White Dwarf HQ issues and the Marvel Winter Special Hazards Pack) or any foreign language variant. I doubt I ever will. I do want the quest variant for the trial that came with the UK quest book. (Edit: I now own both Trial and Maze UK questbook variants)
Last edited by Cael Darkhollow on April 7th, 2021, 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Orc26 » September 25th, 2020, 6:01 pm

I volunteer as tribute to "store" some of those games for you so you can have room for HasbroQuest.
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:

Postby Ragnarök » September 25th, 2020, 9:47 pm

@Cael Darkhollow

I've got to admit, I'm jealous about your marvellous collection...Really nice! Dark World by the way was a German board game series (out of production) about ten years later than Hero Quest, which is based on the still very much successful German pen & paper rpg brand Dark Eye (Das schwarze Auge in German). Being German I even don't own these boardgame boxes, but I've got some really cool heroes and monster minis out of these as addition for Hero Quest. You just had to switch the base with a Games Workshop one, which needed to be filed a little bit in order to attach Dark World minis to it, to make them fit to Hero Quest & 4th ed. Warhammer, since the scale is exactly the same (28 mm). Just the original Dark World base wasn't fitting, since it was too high. ;)

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:

Postby Oftkilted » October 6th, 2020, 4:51 pm

I wish there was an “I’ve got it on Kickstarter preorder” or “I’m just starting my adventure” option.

Having a copy of Warhammer Quest, and the core expansions, WHQ: Silver Tower and Shadows over Hammerhal I’m looking forward to beginning adventures in HeroQuest (which I seriously neglected to get back when I was a kid.)
Oftkilted

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:

Postby fletcher2007 » November 7th, 2020, 10:54 pm

I own the base game but just got a 3d printer so I can work on making all the expansions!
fletcher2007

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Postby mk4000 » December 7th, 2020, 10:25 pm

Long ago in my days of youth I ventured forth into the Hills (department store). There I found said HeroQuest. In my young days with not much coin to my name I saved and was eventually able to save up to buy it.

Later on I also managed to gather all 4 of the US expansions over time. With not much forsight I never did get multiple sets but I am happy I still have all of them in perfect condition.

I think I also have most of battle masters but the box got annihilated. But the figures I ended up putting bases on and using them in HQ anyhow.
mk4000

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion