Page 1 of 1

TV 1992's advert of HeroQuest Advanced Quest Edition

PostPosted: October 12th, 2022, 7:11 am
by HispaZargon
Hi, I am happy to inform you about YouTube's channel Transmit Him has uploaded today a video showing the 1992's television commercial of HeroQuest Advanced Quest UK Editiion.

Video link here: https://youtu.be/7CPuACKEYNU

This video content is basically the same as the standard edition one except its end, price label and the audio, but it is interesting to know that MB released a different commercial for promotion of its Advanced Quest Edition. I never knew this other spot existed until today!!

Re: TV 1992's advert of HeroQuest Advanced Quest Edition

PostPosted: October 12th, 2022, 1:30 pm
by Kurgan
Nice find! "FIFTEEN..." daring quests (Dark Company as one). The announcer sounds like the guy from the US Ad vs. the UK one (who I think sounds like Christopher Lee even if it isn't him).

Re: TV 1992's advert of HeroQuest Advanced Quest Edition

PostPosted: October 12th, 2022, 1:36 pm
by HispaZargon
Yeah, people say the UK voice is Christopher Lee, but does anybody know if it is confirmed somewhere that he was?

Re: TV 1992's advert of HeroQuest Advanced Quest Edition

PostPosted: October 13th, 2022, 4:35 pm
by Kurgan
That would be cool to know. Not sure if it would be in his IMDB profile. If it's not the late Sir Lee it's certainly someone trying to sound like him!

Re: TV 1992's advert of HeroQuest Advanced Quest Edition

PostPosted: October 13th, 2022, 8:06 pm
by HispaZargon
Yeah of course. I have not any idea about where we could find such info.

Re: TV 1992's advert of HeroQuest Advanced Quest Edition

PostPosted: February 1st, 2023, 9:31 pm
by HispaZargon
Hi, about TV adverts, not sure if you have watched this rare one:

https://youtu.be/QfzdCTGJajM

It's a Toys'r'us commercial (it says from 1991) were NA edition of HeroQuest is announced. Just $27.97 !!!!

Re: TV 1992's advert of HeroQuest Advanced Quest Edition

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2023, 1:51 am
by Kurgan
HispaZargon wrote:Hi, about TV adverts, not sure if you have watched this rare one:

https://youtu.be/QfzdCTGJajM

It's a Toys'r'us commercial (it says from 1991) were NA edition of HeroQuest is announced. Just $27.97 !!!!


Only $68.06 today! If only you could still find any intact copy of HQ for that price...

Re: TV 1992's advert of HeroQuest Advanced Quest Edition

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2023, 6:33 pm
by HispaZargon
Transmit Him has upload in YouTube another version of the Advanced Quest commercial from UK.

This one has better audio quality, better image resolution and frame borders less cropped. It overally looks as the same version we already, however there is a little difference. This new video shows the game box price in Pounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4CW6b0XMho

Thanks a lot to Transmit Him.

I have updated the first post of this thread accordingly.

Re: TV 1992's advert of HeroQuest Advanced Quest Edition

PostPosted: May 24th, 2023, 3:28 pm
by HispaZargon
Wooow, I am so exited! Just a couple of weeks ago, the YouTube channel 'Sin Rebobinar' has shared the following TV advert of the Spanish version of the Advanced Quest Edition of HeroQuest:

https://youtu.be/Tpenp2x0HKE

It is indicated that it was shown on TV during December 1992 in Spain's Antena 3 TV channel.

I don't remember watching this advert in the past, and I never found it on internet, so I feel really happy about this rare finding!!

Really interesting to see also that the advert format is different than the equivalent UK one about Advanced Quest edition, mentioned in previous posts.