Page 1 of 1

My 1989 HeroQuest painted minis

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2022, 11:25 am
by mcapone888
After 30 years I finally got around to getting my 1989 HeroQuest minis from the core game painted. Tried to keep them looking as much as their representation on the monster cards.

Wanted to post them to share.


All Minis:
Image

Heroes:
Image

Goblins:
Image

Orcs:
Image

Skeleton, Zombie, and Mummy:
Image

Fimir:
Image

Chaos Warrior:
Image

Chaos Warlock:
Image

Gargoyle:
Image

Re: My 1989 HeroQuest painted minis

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2022, 11:26 am
by Kurgan
Glorious! Did you varnish them or use gloss paint? Just curious. I am not by any means an advanced painter, but always curious to learn new things...

Re: My 1989 HeroQuest painted minis

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2022, 11:36 am
by mcapone888
It was a satin varnish for the minis, and a matte varnish for the bases. I didn't want the black bases outshining the minis.

Re: My 1989 HeroQuest painted minis

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2022, 2:46 pm
by Sargon
Very nice! When I played HeroQuest as a kid, I never even realized that painting the miniatures was a thing that people did. Mine remain unpainted to this today. Sadly, I don't have the time, skill, or patience for miniature painting, but maybe someday I'll commission someone to paint a set for me.

Re: My 1989 HeroQuest painted minis

PostPosted: February 5th, 2022, 12:09 pm
by Daedalus
Nailed it. How long did it take you to finish?

Re: My 1989 HeroQuest painted minis

PostPosted: March 12th, 2022, 10:18 am
by dungeonsandataraxia
Looks cool. Wish I had the patience for it. I tried getting into painting minis when I was still doing the "battlemaps and minis" type of DnD (have since gone back to older editions and done "theatre of the mind" and winging distances etc)... and after a while I realized I was just bored by it and it felt like *work* to me. So, my new heroquest minis will forever be dull grey, green, etc. Unless someone wants to do my set?! For free!? Sound good? :)

Re: My 1989 HeroQuest painted minis

PostPosted: March 12th, 2022, 11:23 am
by j_dean80
Only time I paint is for the Christmas Exchange. I find it fun for that event, but don’t find the process itself fun.