Page 1 of 1

Dwarf picks up a trap in treasure cards

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2021, 1:47 am
by bellf
Hi there,

I am new to Heroquest and I am playing the original UK/Australian edition. I am trying to understand what happens if the dwarf searches a room for treasure and pick up a treasure card that turns out to be a trap. Does his ability to disarm traps mean that he is not damaged? Alternatively, does that skill only apply when he actually searches for traps?

Cheers
Bell

Re: Dwarf picks up a trap in treasure cards

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2021, 9:27 am
by lestodante
Rules say the Dwarf may automatically remove a trap tile that is adjacent to him. So it is referring to a trap that has been already discovered or its tile placed.
So, in your case the trap has already been sprung and he is not able to remove it automatically.
The US version instead say the Dwarf must roll a combat die first. If a black shield is rolled he suffers body damage.

Re: Dwarf picks up a trap in treasure cards

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2021, 11:00 pm
by bellf
Thanks for your reply. I agree with your assessment on this rule. I think there are a few ambiguous rules in the original UK version, so I’ll probably post a few more questions of this nature.