Page 1 of 1
I can only search once per turn?

Posted:
February 1st, 2021, 5:26 am
by Smrize
I can't find this rule anywhere.
So my question is:
1. Can you search only once in room/corridor in your turn, for example you search only for traps/secret doors/treasure and then your turn ends?
OR
2. Can you search everything in the room/corridor, in your turn, for example you search for traps, secret doors, treasure and then your turn ends.
Thank you ^^
Re: I can only search once per turn?

Posted:
February 1st, 2021, 7:53 am
by Davane
It depends on how the EW wishes to play, but searching counts as an action, and you can either move then perform an action, or perform an action then move. When searching, you have to choose between searching for traps, secret doors, or treasure, with each being its own separate action.
Re: I can only search once per turn?

Posted:
February 1st, 2021, 1:28 pm
by Kurgan
Yeah, one action per turn (unless modified by something else).
EU rules combine "Secret Doors" and "Traps" into a single search option. Under NA rules, Searching for Secret Doors is a separate action from Searching for Traps.
In any case, you search the entire room or corridor (aka "passage" as the EU uses the term), but it will take you 3 turns (2 in EU) to search for everything.
Each Hero can search an area for Treasure on a quest, but there's no need to search the same area multiple times for Secret Doors or Traps, unless you're playing under some kind of house rule.
Re: I can only search once per turn?

Posted:
February 1st, 2021, 3:05 pm
by Smrize
Davane wrote:It depends on how the EW wishes to play, but searching counts as an action, and you can either move then perform an action, or perform an action then move. When searching, you have to choose between searching for traps, secret doors, or treasure, with each being its own separate action.
Kurgan wrote:Yeah, one action per turn (unless modified by something else).
EU rules combine "Secret Doors" and "Traps" into a single search option. Under NA rules, Searching for Secret Doors is a separate action from Searching for Traps.
In any case, you search the entire room or corridor (aka "passage" as the EU uses the term), but it will take you 3 turns (2 in EU) to search for everything.
Each Hero can search an area for Treasure on a quest, but there's no need to search the same area multiple times for Secret Doors or Traps, unless you're playing under some kind of house rule.
Thank you, guys. Now I know : )
Re: I can only search once per turn?

Posted:
February 9th, 2021, 12:08 pm
by wallydubbs
Although I'm in the US, one of the modifications I like to implement is that all heroes except the Dwarf can only search once per turn. The Dwarf's searches combine traps and secret doors. I think it's a minor perk for the Dwarf while giving a nod to the EU version.
Re: I can only search once per turn?

Posted:
February 9th, 2021, 2:31 pm
by Kurgan
Cool idea!