Page 1 of 1

Soundtracks Recommendations while Playing HeroQuest?

PostPosted: September 29th, 2020, 4:35 pm
by SSDecontrol
Looking for recommendations in the style of FIEF and DIM. I prefer more subtle, minimal music for dungeon crawling as opposed to loud, bombastic orchestral movie soundtracks.

https://iamdim.bandcamp.com/album/compendium-ii

https://fief.bandcamp.com/album/ii

Re: Soundtracks Recommendations while Playing HeroQuest?

PostPosted: September 29th, 2020, 5:49 pm
by Weltenlaeufer
Great music! I like the classic Conan soundtrack, Danheim, Wardruna.

I also use syrinscape and tabletopaudio,

https://tabletopaudio.com/dungeon_sp.html

Re: Soundtracks Recommendations while Playing HeroQuest?

PostPosted: September 29th, 2020, 6:06 pm
by SSDecontrol
Weltenlaeufer wrote:Great music! I like the classic Conan soundtrack, Danheim, Wardruna.

I also use syrinscape and tabletopaudio,

https://tabletopaudio.com/dungeon_sp.html



Whoa, this is awesome! Thank you!

Re: Soundtracks Recommendations while Playing HeroQuest?

PostPosted: September 29th, 2020, 7:10 pm
by Weltenlaeufer
You re welcome! :) You can customize your own soundpads on tabletopaudio, choosing different sounds from their soundlibrary. Killer tool!

Shout out to benvoliothefirst for gettin me into it!

Re: Soundtracks Recommendations while Playing HeroQuest?

PostPosted: September 29th, 2020, 11:46 pm
by Fallensaviour
Classic Conan the barbarian for me.

Re: Soundtracks Recommendations while Playing HeroQuest?

PostPosted: September 30th, 2020, 8:12 am
by ajjohnsen
Last time I played a session of HQ I had my playstation in the background with Diablo 3 on while in the main town Tristram. I really like the dark gothic setting it provides, is only instrumental and very much "Background"

Conan is a great idea haha, I'll try that next time

Re: Soundtracks Recommendations while Playing HeroQuest?

PostPosted: September 30th, 2020, 7:58 pm
by Surefoot
The Michael Ghelfi - RPG Ambiences & Music channel on YouTube has a lot of different kinds of music suitable for fantasy adventure.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MichaelGhelfiMusic/

Re: Soundtracks Recommendations while Playing HeroQuest?

PostPosted: November 1st, 2020, 1:03 pm
by Zenithfleet
We used to use the Lord of the Rings soundtracks because we had them lying around the house. Not really the right flavour for sword and sorcery, though, I agree.

I don't know if anyone here likes old videogame music, but there's one tune in particular that I always think of as 'the Bellthor battle theme' (in Return of the Witch Lord).
Door vanishes, poisonous gargoyle awakes, the trap is sprung, cue music! (Yes it is loud and bombastic :D )

Chrono Trigger - Boss Battle 2
Original version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZccdQ5atfs
Fanmade orchestral version (30min, sheesh!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29HR9KTiMP4

Re: Soundtracks Recommendations while Playing HeroQuest?

PostPosted: November 1st, 2020, 5:00 pm
by Oftkilted
The Skyrim video game audio was really nice.
The dungeon track is quite thematic

Re: Soundtracks Recommendations while Playing HeroQuest?

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2020, 10:05 pm
by Eudoxio
Maaaany videogames to choose soundtracks for ambiance :D
https://downloads.khinsider.com/