Page 1 of 3

Prophecy of Telor

PostPosted: September 25th, 2020, 6:56 pm
by Spookyhappyfun
I'm not sure if you all watched the PulseCon video, but they showed the introduction text to Prophecy of Telor, the new Stephen Baker Quest Pack (that we hopefully will get, though currently it's a $2 mil unlockable and we're not there yet).

I wanted to share it here for those who didn't see it, since it's pretty great and our first bit of new lore in like 30 years, but it looks like the video went private or was taken off YouTube. Did anyone else get it or know where to find it?

I was looking forward to taking some time this evening to transcribe it.

Edit: Nevermind! Lestodante got it and it's back up again.

lestodante wrote:Prophecy of Telor
by Stephen Baker

Mentor's welcome is distracted. As you enter the study the wizard glances you,
noddling slightly then continues to stare deeply at the pages of the open book.
It is Mentor's legendary artifact, the fabled book of prophecy known as Loretome.

There is a brief silence. Finally, with a grim face, the wizard looks up,
eyes still focused on a distant thought.
"Apologies my friends."

Closing the great book, Mentor walks around the oaken table to stand before you.
"I am troubled.
The pages in Loretome rarely reveal everything to me.
The text and symbols always shift, shimmer and move as future possibilities ripple
with each passing moment. But not today. Today is different.

The manuscript is like liquid.
The words and symbols like formless ink that swirl slowly within the page.
If I focus my power, they take shape for a single moment.
There is but one word. One name. Melar.
You will recall some time ago I summoned you to recover the
Talisman of Lore from the heart of Melar's maze.

I thought it might shed some light on what Melar had embarked upon.
I did not tell you then of my suspicions that
Melar was exploring with magic beyond his own.
Researching something, something dark. I had sought to meet you
but Melar delayed my request then vanished before we could speak.
The maze and tower above fell to ruin and where abandoned.
There must be something else, something I have overlooked.

Dread magic is at play here. For the pages of Loretome have
never before been so affected. I must explore this further.
You my friends must return to Melar's maze.
There you must explore all that remains of the library,
search the laboratory and explore the Tower above on the
cliffs of Turekk Tor. I will guide you as best as I can,
but with the pages of Loretome in turmoil my help will be limited.

When I can, I will use my Far Voice spell and speak with you
directly at the key points along your journey.
Hurry my trusted heroes. Hurry. For without Loretome's read into the future,
the Realm is in peril and the forces of Zargon move UNSEEN."

Re: Prophecy of Telor

PostPosted: September 25th, 2020, 7:10 pm
by j_dean80
They will probably keep it hidden until release.

Re: Prophecy of Telor

PostPosted: September 27th, 2020, 5:35 am
by Daedalus
Yeah, Baker's narration has been hidden away like Melar did with the Talisman of Lore.

Does anyone who saw the livestream recall the name of the ruined tower that Baker mentioned that lies above Melar's Maze?

Re: Prophecy of Telor

PostPosted: September 27th, 2020, 6:52 am
by lestodante
Unfortunately the video went PRIVATE or REMOVED right after the direct stream ended and I was still watching it and capturing screenshots of the miniatures. :x
So I didn't even finished to whatch it. :cry:

Re: Prophecy of Telor

PostPosted: September 27th, 2020, 9:39 am
by Orc26
I'm still baffled that it didn't get chopped up into smaller videos and get re-uploaded. All the baffled.

Re: Prophecy of Telor

PostPosted: September 27th, 2020, 9:53 am
by lestodante
Prophecy of Telor
by Stephen Baker

Mentor's welcome is distracted. As you enter the study the wizard glances you,
noddling slightly then continues to stare deeply at the pages of the open book.
It is Mentor's legendary artifact, the fabeled book of prophecy known as Loretome.

There is a brief silence. Finally, with a grim face, the wizard looks up,
eyes still focused on a distant thought.
"Apologies my friends."

Closing the great book, Mentor walks around the oaken table to stand before you.
"I am troubled.
The pages in Loretome rarely reveal everything to me.
The text and symbols always shift, shimmer and move as future possibilities ripple
with each passing moment. But not today. Today is different.

The manuscript is like liquid.
The words and symbols like formless ink that swirl slowly within the page.
If I focus my power, they take shape for a single moment.
There is but one word. One name. Melar.
You will recall some time ago I summoned you to recover the
Talisman of Lore from the heart of Melar's maze.

I thought it might shed some light on what Melar had embarked upon.
I did not tell you then of my suspicions that
Melar was exploring with magic beyond his own.
Researching something, something dark. I had sought to meet you
but Melar delayed my request then vanished before we could speak.
The maze and tower above fell to ruin and where abandoned.
There must be something else, something I have overlooked.

Dread magic is at play here. For the pages of Loretome have
never before been so affected. I must explore this further.
You my friends must return to Melar's maze.
There you must explore all that remains of the library,
search the laboratory and explore the Tower above on the
cliffs of Turekk Tor. I will guide you as best as I can,
but with the pages of Loretome in turmoil my help will be limited.

When I can, I will use my Far Voice spell and speak with you
directly at the key points along your journey.
Hurry my trusted heroes. Hurry. For without Loretome's read into the future,
the Realm is in peril and the forces of Zargon move UNSEEN."

Re: Prophecy of Telor

PostPosted: September 27th, 2020, 1:26 pm
by jeanlf
I want to thank your for that, lestodante. I couldn't find it anywhere.
I love yeoldeinn and all of you.

Re: Prophecy of Telor

PostPosted: September 27th, 2020, 4:05 pm
by Rath of Un
jeanlf wrote:I want to thank your for that, lestodante.


I second that thanks!

Re: Prophecy of Telor

PostPosted: September 27th, 2020, 6:19 pm
by DragonLord1975
lestodante wrote:Prophecy of Telor
by Stephen Baker

Mentor's welcome is distracted. As you enter the study the wizard glances you,
noddling slightly then continues to stare deeply at the pages of the open book.
It is Mentor's legendary artifact, the fabeled book of prophecy known as Loretome.

There is a brief silence. Finally, with a grim face, the wizard looks up,
eyes still focused on a distant thought.
"Apologies my friends."

Closing the great book, Mentor walks around the oaken table to stand before you.
"I am troubled.
The pages in Loretome rarely reveal everything to me.
The text and symbols always shift, shimmer and move as future possibilities ripple
with each passing moment. But not today. Today is different.

The manuscript is like liquid.
The words and symbols like formless ink that swirl slowly within the page.
If I focus my power, they take shape for a single moment.
There is but one word. One name. Melar.
You will recall some time ago I summoned you to recover the
Talisman of Lore from the heart of Melar's maze.

I thought it might shed some light on what Melar had embarked upon.
I did not tell you then of my suspicions that
Melar was exploring with magic beyond his own.
Researching something, something dark. I had sought to meet you
but Melar delayed my request then vanished before we could speak.
The maze and tower above fell to ruin and where abandoned.
There must be something else, something I have overlooked.

Dream magic is at play here. For the pages of Loretome have
never before been so affected. I must explore this further.
You my friends must return to Melar's maze.
There you must explore all that remains of the library,
search the laboratory and explore the Tower above on the
cliffs of Turekk Tor. I will guide you as best as I can,
but with the pages of Loretome in turmoil my help will be limited.

When I can, I will use my Far Voice spell and speak with you
directly at the key points along your journey.
Hurry my trusted heroes. Hurry. For without Loretome's read into the future,
the Realm is in peril and the forces of Zargon move UNSEEN."



INTERESANTE.

So basically, map-wise, you’d return to Melar’s Maze like at Barak Tor. It’ll be interesting to know how this will be mapped out if anyone manages to do so.

I might even use Prophecy of Telor for a future Quest if itks properly completed.

Thanks for the info on this, lestodante.

Re: Prophecy of Telor

PostPosted: September 27th, 2020, 9:15 pm
by Leathaface79
The Playback is coming soon according to the PulseCon page.

https://hasbropulse.com/pages/hasbro-pulsecon-2020