• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » September 16th, 2021, 6:23 pm

Blayze wrote:https://dungeonmarvels.com/buscar?controller=search&s=heroquest

Would you look at that; a website offering the ability to reserve retail copies of not only the base game and the two expansions we've had announced so far (All estimated 31/01/22), but also The Frozen Horror (Estimated 31/08/22).
:shock:

Weird, I wonder where they got that info for... why the Frozen Horror specifically? Do they know something the rest of us don't or is it just a stupid rumor? Very cool thanks for showing in any case!

Frozen Horror was the last board game expansion released and certainly the hardest one. If they fix the bugs it would be cool to see, but I'm reading that with a healthy dose of skepticism.

(below, composite image)

translation from the spanish:

HeroQuest (US site)
rating
Price € 149.95
Reservation IMPORTANT: The article is available to reserve. Approximate release: 01/31/2022
HeroQuest: Return of the ...

New

HeroQuest: Return of the Witch Lord (English)
rating
Price € 39.95
Reservation IMPORTANT: The article is available to reserve. Approximate release: 01/31/2022
HeroQuest: Kellar's Keep ...

New

HeroQuest: Kellar's Keep (English)
rating
Price € 39.95
HeroQuest: Frozen Horror ...

New

HeroQuest: Frozen Horror (English)
rating
Price € 51.95
Reservation IMPORTANT: The article is available to reserve. Approximate release: 08/31/2022
Showing 1-4 of 4 item (s)

$61.12 converted to USD from Euros there at current exchange rate (not sure about international shipping)...

We've seen websites throw up placeholders and then disappear before, so I for one would love this to be true, and if so I hope they playtest it. Then again a fully nostalgic release would be just as "broken" as the version most people never got to play, wouldn't it...? I'm imagining a big box of blue plastic...

If it's real it should filter its way to the other shops, but in any case, assuming this isn't just wishful thinking, it's a good sign if it'll be available at actual brick and mortar game shops (one stop away from big box retail). Many of us have been fearing you would only be able to order it directly through Hasbro Pulse online.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kurgan on September 16th, 2021, 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Blayze » September 16th, 2021, 6:43 pm

Kurgan wrote:Frozen Horror was the last board game expansion released and certainly the hardest one. If they fix the bugs it would be cool to see, but I'm reading that with a healthy dose of skepticism.

I'm inclined to believe they may know something we don't, purely because Dungeon Marvels is an actual store in Barcelona; it doesn't seem to just be some pop-up list of product codes like when I searched for the base game's UPC code (195166137230).

If you do a Google search for the item codes on that site for the base game, Kellar's Keep and Witch Lord, you get results from two different websites: https://www.tabletopbattle.no/ (Norway), which apparently has eleven base game copies and ten of each expansion for sale, and there was some other Finland-based website (pelimies.fi) that no longer shows up in the search and wasn't working anyway.

I'm not sure if the three stores are owned by the same parent company, or if those product codes are official Hasbro ones, but the fact they showed up on three different websites makes me think The Frozen Horror will be legit as well.
If it is, I don't think we'll see it advertised at Pulsecon; the event webpage and video haven't mentioned Heroquest at all, and let's face it, I'd have assumed something like the shipping date or app reveal would've been saved for the event itself, but the Heroquest team appears to have been doing their own thing so far.
Blayze

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby Kurgan » September 16th, 2021, 7:56 pm

Still, using that as a ballpark, that's almost a year for the expansion...

Sounds about right, if we get the Mythic tier delivered let's say in late November as many are guessing, and then the retail release, such as it may be, sometime in January of next year.

People always talk about "less involvement" by GWS in the two NA exclusive expansions, but realistically, they still used citadel (GWS) miniatures, and they'd have to design all of those, but with all the "Unlocks" they pretty much did as much material as you'd expect from an expansion like that. Already have the female Barbarian and so forth. Why not the Elf Quest pack... because this one had more memorable material (I remember reviews from the 90's even saying as much). Even though the difficulty was absurd, at least you could hire (2 BP each) mercenaries from quest 4 onward to give you some help. It would require a similar level of "conversion" in altering or removing any references to stuff that they didn't have the rights to. Perhaps they would have seen it as less work than converting an EU exclusive expansion to the NA rules?

Difficulty wise, being a bit more generous with the quest treasures, inserting those missing artifacts either as post-quest rewards and/or inserting them into the unmarked chests (perfect place to put 'em), and maybe some tweaks to the Yeti (even if they don't allow you to break the hold as a solo player, just putting it behind a regular door instead of a secret door gives you a chance to kill them before you get hugged. That and introducing a toolkit into the first quest (or at least a rescueable Scout until you can afford one)... if they still want to retain the "this is for a beginner hero to catch up with the other heroes" for the solo quests. They wouldn't have to re-write it from scratch.

Can they pull all that off in a year? It's plausible, but I'll believe it when it's confirmed by other reliable sources. :2cents:

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Blayze » September 17th, 2021, 5:34 am

I checked the shop's Twitter account; according to them (it wasn't me who asked them), what they're selling is "the retail version offered by official Hasbro distributors in Europe", and it seems that includes Frozen Horror, given they've restated that it's pre-orders that are open for all four things.

https://twitter.com/DungeonMarvels/stat ... 3198951432
Blayze

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Goblin-King » September 20th, 2021, 9:57 am

I can 100% confirm that Frozen Horror is in fact coming, as I have personally co-created the product page for the store where I work 8-)
Retail stores have received very little info though. There's no description, content list or box art as of yet.
It's expected to release around August 2022.
We are selling it at 460 DKK = 73 $ = 53 £ = 62 €

https://spilforsyningen.dk/products/heroquest-frozen-horror-eng-exp

Image is a placeholder made by me :roll:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » September 20th, 2021, 11:35 am

So what information did you get? Just the name and price? Was it from a distributor, Hasbro or via Avalon Hill?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » September 20th, 2021, 2:55 pm

I also have seen at least 2 or 3 more stores showing the Frozen Horro as a coming soon pack.
One of them on Instagram answered it is what their official distributor told them.
I personally have preferred they would release the unreleased quest packs first, as I am afraid they could stop again after the EQP. They should still have something in their secret laboratories I guess.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » September 20th, 2021, 5:16 pm

HispaZargon wrote:
Daedalus wrote:I wonder what old-school mini would proxy for a one-square dragon.

Not old-school and not exactly the same kind of dragon, but I think this one from Reaper Miniatures (Ref. 77503, Artist: J. Guthrie) could be quite valid... and cheap. I already ordered one ;) .

Hi, about this, just for information for those who would be interested in looking for a proxy miniature for the dragon:

You can check below how my recently received Reaper's dragon looks like next to our Heroes. I was worried if the dragon could look too small but in my opinion its size matches very well.

I put it over a standard Hero Quest's size base and it fits Ok too, moreover, you can place other miniatures next to it without any relevant clashes (see second picture). I thought to better use an Ogre size base due to the opened wings but it is not needed, the miniature is stable just using a standard base.

Reaper_Temple_Dragon_size_comparison_1.jpg

Reaper_Temple_Dragon_size_comparison_2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » September 20th, 2021, 5:32 pm

it seems the Dwarf will not be able to reach the dragon anyway! :lol:

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Fallensaviour » September 20th, 2021, 6:45 pm

Goblin-King wrote:I can 100% confirm that Frozen Horror is in fact coming, as I have personally co-created the product page for the store where I work 8-)
Retail stores have received very little info though. There's no description, content list or box art as of yet.
It's expected to release around August 2022.
We are selling it at 460 DKK = 73 $ = 53 £ = 62 €

https://spilforsyningen.dk/products/heroquest-frozen-horror-eng-exp

Image is a placeholder made by me :roll:

Excellent hopefully that means Wizards of morcar,mage in the mirror and the ogre horde aren’t far behind.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion