• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » September 13th, 2021, 8:50 am

Then again, how much say does this "Grandpa Zargon sitting on the porch" for Twitter actually have... is he reporting real news or still joking around? I guess it's plausible deniability. The extra Gargoyle figure wouldn't hold up production any more (quite a bit less I would think) than Joe's complete package (if that sounded wrong, sorry). :shock:

Still, I once joked about how they needed to have a female version of each monster... perhaps Hasbro will be the one laughing after all.

[Which begs the question of where the Witch Lady and Zargona are... ]

Then again, deleted tweets usually mean something. :2cents:

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby ajjohnsen » September 13th, 2021, 11:16 am

This is awesome news! I didn't even notice the email they sent me, but sure enough we're getting the $4M stretch goal. And yes that mini unboxing was awesome; now we know for sure the quest expansions come in their own boxes. I'm guessing the Mythic tier extras will come in their own box as well. Likely a single box like RotWL containing all the minis and questbooks

The address confirmation by 9/20 also points to an earlier rather than later shipping date

Im at a 9 for excitement at this point

Cant wait to see the final product

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
ajjohnsen

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby lestodante » September 13th, 2021, 12:51 pm

I am excited we finally have a date! Putting Joe's questpacj in is a very good new, but the most interesting thing for me is The Prophecy of Telor questbook. Can't wait to read it.
Also curious to see if they applied any significant change to the rules to cover bugs from the previous versions.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » September 13th, 2021, 1:29 pm

For me the only thing I've really been looking forward to (and the only reason, short of symbolic support for the classic franchise) has been the promise of Stephen Baker content. But, if the quests from the other guest writers are good, I'll sing their praises too, just kind of hard to evaluate them right now.

The "new toys" to spur the imagination of homebrewers are fine and dandy of course.

Hopefully not much of the rules have changed (they have claimed they won't). The only challenge there is blending the EU content into the NA base (and making the new content feel like it fits).

There is a list of "ambiguous" points that get debated on here that could be clarified (and depending upon where it goes, will upset some people, who will just keep on doing it the way they always did, surely).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby ajjohnsen » September 13th, 2021, 3:27 pm

Very true with the rule updates/clarifications they said they'll provide. I take this to mean more of a slight update rather a full-on rule change, which is likely the best action in my opinion

I'd hate to see them dramatically alter any of the core mechanics of HQ. Of course I could just play on as usual, but if this game takes off and reignites a larger interest in the game it could really be a hindrance to the more veteran players

That said, itd be an annoyance at most and I'm mostly excited for this to arrive at my front door soon

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
ajjohnsen

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » September 13th, 2021, 3:33 pm

It will be interesting as well because it will be the first time many people in other countries are introduced to the NA rules. They may embrace it, but I think there will be many homebrewers as in this community who will spread awareness of the EU and Japanese version rules. This isn't a bad thing, I think the flexibility and easy expand-ability of the game is its greatest strength after you set the nostalgia aside.

The rulebooks are out there already, but what would remain are the cards, which I'm sure will be homebrewed shortly with the old school text.

Much like Ye Olde Inn has facilitated conversions of the EU material to NA and vice versa, so too the Remake (NA 2nd edition some are calling it) can be converted to the other format.

The Japanese Edition has brand new artifacts, so that would be another project challenge, to make new cards in the old art style.

Then there will be those who only use the new board and/or miniatures and mix them freely with their classic assets.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » September 13th, 2021, 5:09 pm

Kurgan wrote:The rulebooks are out there already, but what would remain are the cards, which I'm sure will be homebrewed shortly with the old school text.

:roll:

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » September 14th, 2021, 9:34 am

Why the eye roll, out of curiosity?

Yes, you can just toss the new cards aside and use the cards you have already to play it with the different rulest, but there is new content added, that some may wish to make "fit" with the old style. Much easier to do that than remake all of the old EU cards (for example) to match the Remake style, but I'm sure someone will attempt that as well at some point. And that's much handier than just reading the titles and recalling how they would work under the other system(s). I'm not personally determined to play the Remake with the EU ruleset, but I'm sure there will be at least a few who will. ;)

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Blayze » September 16th, 2021, 4:15 pm

https://dungeonmarvels.com/buscar?contr ... =heroquest

Would you look at that; a website offering the ability to reserve retail copies of not only the base game and the two expansions we've had announced so far (All estimated 31/01/22), but also The Frozen Horror (Estimated 31/08/22).
Blayze

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Postby Bango » September 16th, 2021, 4:32 pm

Haven't really followed the Hasbro Game but this is interesting..thanks for sharing the link.

Im keeping an eye on these new expansions here in euro land.
Bango

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion