• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Well well, what do we have here? Official news maybe?

Postby phoenixcinder » September 14th, 2020, 3:48 pm

Hmm seems like a good time to raid this forum of all the files I haven't grabbed yet. Got a bad feeling if this is a total re-release hasbro is going to be targeting this site not soon after.
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Thor-in » September 14th, 2020, 3:52 pm

phoenixcinder wrote:Hmm seems like a good time to raid this forum of all the files I haven't grabbed yet. Got a bad feeling if this is a total re-release hasbro is going to be targeting this site not soon after.

That has crossed my mind also.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » September 14th, 2020, 5:15 pm

I also thought so... and ebay also for people selling repros!
Anyway, some hints suggest there will be a crowfunding onn their HasLab platform at the end of countdown.
So not sure we will be able to see someting concrete in September yet.
HasLab link here: https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab
Or this can be just a new Betrayal version or Monopolu with a HeroQuest theme, who knows?
If they will re-release the real game I guess it will be totally re-designed, including miniatures and I hope they will not be the same style of the Wizards of the Coasts figures. :?
Games Workshop just collaborated with the game providing some pieces (miniatures), unless the rights expired I don't see any problem in using the same Fimir or Chaos Warriors names.
Finger crossed for one week more or less.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Wouldn't be a bad idea...

Postby Kurgan » September 14th, 2020, 5:29 pm

If this truly is going to be the end of the forums, I just want to say it was an honor to spend time with such excellent Dwarves, Elves, Wizards, Barbarians, Goblins, Orcs, Fimirs, Chaos Warriors, Gargoyles, Skeletons, Mummies, Henchmen, Ogres, various icy creatures and assorted Sorcerers (whether Good, Evil, or neutral). The creative juices and fun here was truly a blast! If they can put out a product good enough to "put us out of business" perhaps the Inn could return just as a fandom for that. Hoping for the best! If not, we'll all be back here in a couple of weeks or so, surely...

:barbarian: :dwarf: :elf: :wizard: :goblin: :orc: :fimir: :skeleton: :zombie: :mummy: :chaoswarrior: :gargoyle: |_P

:whiteshield: :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :blackshield: :blackshield: :blackshield: :roll6: :roll6: :redheart: :redheart: :redheart:

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » September 14th, 2020, 6:53 pm

It will not be the end of the forum. Maybe they could just claim for copyrights of downloadable contens asking the official files to be removed.
But there is no law that deny us to discuss about our favourite game.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » September 15th, 2020, 2:09 am

That Witch Lord looks too standard, but ok. I'll take Thanto's Witch Lord then. :-) If this is real, I am in of course, but I will still mention the generic look and feel from time to time!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » September 15th, 2020, 3:28 am

lestodante wrote:It will not be the end of the forum. Maybe they could just claim for copyrights of downloadable contens asking the official files to be removed.
But there is no law that deny us to discuss about our favourite game.

This :idea:
And even then... what a great way to revive a game, to piss off your entire targeted playerbase, by purging the internet. I'm not seeing it happening.

Anderas wrote:That Witch Lord looks too standard, but ok. I'll take Thanto's Witch Lord then. :-) If this is real, I am in of course, but I will still mention the generic look and feel from time to time!

To be honest, the original HeroQuest miniatures are generic AF :roll:

Anyways I am pretty excited, but the artstyle of the witchlord is nothing compared to the great art of Les Edwards, which gives me a bit of a bad feeling.
Can't wait till next Tuesday |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby monnock777 » September 15th, 2020, 8:12 am

I think my issue is if game work shop isn't on board then yes there will not be chaos warriors. Okay so they change the figure which seems like no big deal. Except all the lore that comes with it. Except Heroquest is based on warhammer lore and you lose that.
monnock777

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby Mophus » September 15th, 2020, 11:12 am

Goblin-King wrote:
Anderas wrote:That Witch Lord looks too standard, but ok. I'll take Thanto's Witch Lord then. :-) If this is real, I am in of course, but I will still mention the generic look and feel from time to time!

To be honest, the original HeroQuest miniatures are generic AF :roll:

Anyways I am pretty excited, but the artstyle of the witchlord is nothing compared to the great art of Les Edwards, which gives me a bit of a bad feeling.
Can't wait till next Tuesday |_P

I totally agree. The style looks similar exchangeable like the anniversary game someone was trying to produce a few years ago. On the other hand, the cover of Heroquest was back in the days only a, hence sophisticated, manifestation of a similar rpg cover style, too.

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Mophus

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » September 15th, 2020, 1:16 pm

monnock777 wrote:I think my issue is if game work shop isn't on board then yes there will not be chaos warriors. Okay so they change the figure which seems like no big deal. Except all the lore that comes with it. Except Heroquest is based on warhammer lore and you lose that.

GW abandoned the old world. The four gods were never in HQ. What stays is the generic fight order against chaos, which you can license from Michael Moorcock, or good vs evil, which is generic.

Yes the old world had style. Hopefully they can do something about that.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion