• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Well well, what do we have here? Official news maybe?

Postby Azure » September 12th, 2020, 2:06 pm

Hi guys. Yeah, I was about to post about that subject and it seems that the HQ community was aware of this already.
El_Flesh sent me a message about it...and I was like ''Holy S***balls'' this is the real deal !!
I was quite surprised by an actual countdown.

I was able to have a video conference with the people who work on HeroQuest 25th anniversary some months ago.
They told me the only thing they were waiting for was the actual zillions of 8-sided combat dice.
If the new HeroQuest countdown is really what I think it is... then I am conviced that fans will prefer buying a Re-print of the original one, rather than an updated version based on intellectual property debates...

In the meantime, I am playing ARCANE QUEST 1-2 & 3 on Mobile !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMVmCu3 ... IndieRadar

I accumulated around 115 hours of gameplay on all 3 games combined.
It is really a good game. Worth downloading, and worth spending a little money on it.
I mean - C'mon - - the bonus content only costs $2.99 US approximately.
Last edited by Daedalus on September 20th, 2020, 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: forum language rules
Azure

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Kurgan » September 12th, 2020, 2:14 pm

A Full Re-Print would be what most of us want ($175 & up for a beat up GS copy these days)... the NA and EU versions would be different, but they could include BOTH rule books and the Equipment cards for more fun (and heck, make it "Advanced Edition" with the 12 red mercs, mercenary cards and the dark company fold out). Asking for all the expansions in one box would be a dream come true, but just a dream.

It could be like those crappy (but nostalgic) old Star Wars board games that got re-released the last few years. Would they throw in a stupid funko pop of a character to bait collectors? Who knows, but I agree, that would really be something. Collectors would be mad if there weren't easily identifiable differences between the new and the old (maybe a simple date stamp on everything, including the minis). And an extra coat of varnish on the dice wouldn't be a bad improvement either. But we're dreaming here.

That link you posted (to Arcane Quest) is pretty much what I imagined this "countdown" to be about, or a prettied up modern version of the old PC adaptation. We'll see!
Last edited by Kurgan on September 12th, 2020, 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Azure » September 12th, 2020, 2:18 pm

Once that Corona Virus *lemony goodness* is done (sorry for my language), I plan to go in a professional print shop and actually print the Hero Quest board, along with custom images for new heroes, and a lot of custom stuff, just for my own pleasure and functionality. I mean, I'm kinda tired to print basic grey tiles and assemble them together with scotch tape.
Azure

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby Azure » September 12th, 2020, 2:19 pm

By the way - - the countdown just went one day below...
That means, it may be located in Europe... I dunno.
Azure

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » September 12th, 2020, 2:21 pm

Azure wrote:Once that Corona Virus *lemony goodness* is done (sorry for my language), I plan to go in a professional print shop and actually print the Hero Quest board, along with custom images for new heroes, and a lot of custom stuff, just for my own pleasure and functionality. I mean, I'm kinda tired to print basic grey tiles and assemble them together with scotch tape.

For love of the craft, I can agree, but if it's about budget, you'll spend a lot more re-creating the original Game System than just snagging all the parts for one off of Ebay, honestly. Patience is a virtue, and you'll find an affordable deal or two, since it will take weeks to months to produce everything on your own. Where you might come out ahead is with the Expansions which go for absurd prices these days. I thought about reprinting everything to "match" but I don't mind mixing my new treasure cards and miniatures in with the classic stuff and its not worth so much expense for a tiny bit better match. But that's me.

I wouldn't mind doing a "four fold" version of the board, maybe with slightly enlarged squares (25mm instead of 22 or whatever it is), but not sure how to go about that one yet.

Sorry to get off topic...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Azure » September 12th, 2020, 3:38 pm

Oh that is very fine, in fact it is a great idea (the four-fold board).
It's true, the HQ game packs are now super expensive...
In the meantime, I've been playing DARK QUEST 2 as well, on Steam.

I just hope the new Official Hero Quest to be a Board Game, as well as a Video Game. This would be absolutely wonderful.
I would probably buy 2 copies then !!
Azure

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby Okko » September 13th, 2020, 2:23 am

I wonder if it's a board game with an app similar to descent.
Okko

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Rath of Un » September 14th, 2020, 12:11 am

My fingers are crossed that it is a board game, the HQ25 seems like it was a pipe dream.

I'll keep my eyes on the website to see what it is.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Rath of Un

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » September 14th, 2020, 7:54 am

This has been big news on the Inn's Facebook page the past few days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » September 14th, 2020, 7:56 am

Well 2020 needs some good news :D And this is pulling at my nostalgia strings.
Excited to see what comes of it! Seems to coincide perfectly with the release of our Litchmyre dungeon mini range in store xD that wasn't planned lol
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion